Photo

Your Favourite Round Nose Colour

paint

Best Answer Clip , 03 December 2022 - 09:26 PM

Thanks for your responses folks. At the end of the day though it’s whatever makes the individual happy, and a mini in any colour will always look great (although black looks the best  :lol: ). 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Favourite Round Nose colour (61 member(s) have cast votes)

Your favourite colour

1. Reds (13 votes [21.31%])

Percentage of vote: 21.31%

2. Black (1 votes [1.64%])

Percentage of vote: 1.64%

3. White (5 votes [8.20%])

Percentage of vote: 8.20%

4. Greys (9 votes [14.75%])

Percentage of vote: 14.75%

5. Dark greens (7 votes [11.48%])

Percentage of vote: 11.48%

6. Light greens (5 votes [8.20%])

Percentage of vote: 8.20%

7. Light blues (10 votes [16.39%])

Percentage of vote: 16.39%

8. Dark blues (7 votes [11.48%])

Percentage of vote: 11.48%

9. Cream (2 votes [3.28%])

Percentage of vote: 3.28%

10. Light browns (1 votes [1.64%])

11. Dark browns (1 votes [1.64%])

Roof colour

1. Same as body (18 votes [29.51%])

Percentage of vote: 29.51%

2. White (24 votes [39.34%])

Percentage of vote: 39.34%

3. Black (19 votes [31.15%])

Percentage of vote: 31.15%

Clear coat

1. Yes (34 votes [55.74%])

Percentage of vote: 55.74%

2. No (27 votes [44.26%])

Percentage of vote: 44.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Clip

Clip

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 October 2022 - 01:57 AM

I’m thinking about a complete respray. It is currently New British Racing Green (Rover Mini), but it was originally Saxon Green. Not a huge fan of either but can’t decide what other colour. I love black on round nose minis, but interested in peoples thoughts about their favourite colour, roof colour and clear coating.

I’ve just grouped colours roughly into main colours as obviously too many to list, but let me know if you have a specific colour that you love (original Mk1 colour). Thanks folks. 

Edited by Clip, 24 October 2022 - 04:33 AM.

#2 Shooter63

Shooter63

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 24 October 2022 - 07:14 AM

I went dark green as my mk1 is that colour, it's not a UK std colour my mines a import, colour is such a personal thing, I think black is really hard to pull off without a contrast ie roof or stripes which is why my Mrs car has stripes. A green I really like on a round nose is connought green, which again isn't a factory colour. British racing green isn't one colour as it was originally just a country identifier, the Aston martin version was quite light while the later BRM version with the orange nose was quite dark. As I said it's a personal thing, one man's good is another's bad. A mini is a strange car for colours as it seems to be one of the few cars that looks good in anything even yellow, which normally is a hard colour for a car to wear. Just go to your local paint dealer, look through the books and pick what you like.

Shooter

#3 Clip

Clip

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 October 2022 - 07:53 AM

Thanks Shooter, I know you’re right, but I’m just struggling to choose something. I agree, yellow does work well on minis, especially clubmans I reckon. The BRG on mine is similar to Almond green, but more intense is the only way I can describe it. It looks fine, but I’ve never been a huge fan of green for some reason, and yet I’ve owned at least 4 green cars, so go figure. 

Edited by Clip, 24 October 2022 - 09:10 AM.

#4 Quinlan minor

Quinlan minor

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 24 October 2022 - 01:17 PM

Red with a Black roof is how both of mine are, but I do have a soft spot for Old English White over Almond Green.

#5 IronmanG

IronmanG

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  • Local Club: Box hill. Lsmoc member

Posted 24 October 2022 - 04:17 PM

Agree here its totally personal. I don't believe dark minis look that great. Stick to the more vibrant lighter colours. Totally peraonal

#6 Homersimpson

Homersimpson

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 24 October 2022 - 04:43 PM

Just be a bit careful with the lacquer (clear coat), obviously the metalics and pearlescent paints need it but on solid colours i've found it works well on reds but anything else it can cause issues with.

I had a car that we done in dark green solid and lacquered and it looked terrible, especially under artifical light.

#7 MiniCarJack

MiniCarJack

Formally known as W1NG3D

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Local Club: Midweek Minis

Posted 24 October 2022 - 07:50 PM

You'll probably find that almost every poll option will get votes, because colour is really personal and Minis can get away with basically any colour you like if it's done right! If you're struggling to pick, maybe the best thing to do is look through photos on Google or Pinterest to get some inspiration for a look you fancy. Also depends if you want to go out of your way to create a really unique car, because the most popular options tend to be represented by lots of similar-looking cars at shows. I do love my Almond Green mk1 with its OEW roof, but they're definitely a common sight at basically any Mini event and far from unique  :lol:

#8 Clip

Clip

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 October 2022 - 04:24 AM

Interesting most votes for red, and none for black or brown (brown I can sort of understand). I wouldn’t have thought that.

#9 Clip

Clip

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 30 October 2022 - 05:11 AM

Greys overtaken reds, and light blues not far behind. I do like the grey too, but red is great and black too. Interesting no votes still for black, I thought it would be quite popular.

#10 Clip

Clip

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 01:25 AM

Interesting over 400 visits to the poll, but only 27 folks have voted. 

#11 KTS

KTS

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 09:35 AM

yep - arguably the most enlightening result of the poll so far  ;D

#12 Clip

Clip

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 11:17 AM

:lol:  :lol: absolutely 

#13 Andosoft

Andosoft

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Local Club: Nsw

Posted 03 November 2022 - 10:50 PM

More from a practical point of view… (Let’s face it a mini in any colour looks good !)

Black car in the QLD sun, you had better install some very absorbent seat covers Clip.

Black can look great, but the underlying body work will need to be absolutely perfect as any imperfection will be reflected. Lighter colours are a little more forgiving.

I also think about visibility in traffic. My mini is blue with a white roof - people still don’t see me, constantly pull out in front and change lanes on me - i think the dark colours are harder to see as you blend into the road.

#14 Clip

Clip

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 04 November 2022 - 08:51 AM

More from a practical point of view… (Let’s face it a mini in any colour looks good !)

Black car in the QLD sun, you had better install some very absorbent seat covers Clip.

Black can look great, but the underlying body work will need to be absolutely perfect as any imperfection will be reflected. Lighter colours are a little more forgiving.

I also think about visibility in traffic. My mini is blue with a white roof - people still don’t see me, constantly pull out in front and change lanes on me - i think the dark colours are harder to see as you blend into the road.

I hear you thanks Andosoft and absolutely agree that a mini in any colour looks good :D but Mythbusters busted the myth about black cars being hotter than white, basically little difference inside, and my body work is perfect, so no worries there, and no one sees me in the green now, so probably no difference there either  :lol: . But I’m still not 100% sold on black - and not seeking for any support for black either (thank heavens because absolutely no votes for black at this stage). But this is not about me, I’m just really interested to see that if people could snap their fingers and have any colour they want, what colour what that be? 

#15 Bobbins

Bobbins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 04 November 2022 - 09:07 AM

I hear you thanks Andosoft and absolutely agree that a mini in any colour looks good :D but Mythbusters busted the myth about black cars being hotter than white, basically little difference inside, and my body work is perfect, so no worries there, and no one sees me in the green now, so probably no difference there either  :lol: . But I’m still not 100% sold on black - and not seeking for any support for black either (thank heavens because absolutely no votes for black at this stage). But this is not about me, I’m just really interested to see that if people could snap their fingers and have any colour they want, what colour what that be? 

That might be the case if a car is well insulated, but in strong sunshine a black Mini will be hotter inside than a white Mini.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: paint

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users