53 replies to this topic

#46 PoolGuy

PoolGuy

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 28 April 2024 - 08:11 AM

I'm assuming from a previous post that Pacino uses Google Translate to post AND read posts. That would explain some of the angst in his posts 

Hi PoolGuy! Just a point out. I don't get angry with the answers.. 

I'll say no more.

#47 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,909 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 28 April 2024 - 11:34 AM

Mmmm, having just read through all of this thread lets remember one thing here, we have members from all over the world so language can be a barrier and as some of us know certain platforms like Google etc when using their translation apps can throw up all sorts of random answers that make no sense whatsoever.

Some members may not be able to use the interweb to its full extent for what ever reason so we do not need to be judgmental, be more open minded. Also some answers on here for the less mechanically minded may prove somewhat confusing, so if whoever started the thread and keeps asking multiple questions can be purely down to the language barrier and trying to interpret the answers they have been given.

Hopefully the actual info on here that has been given to PACINO is enough to statisfy their needs and we do not need to denigrate them due to language issues. So please play nicely everyone and also remember everyday is a school day and you always learn something new, no matter how experienced you may or may not be.

#48 Designer

Designer

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 28 April 2024 - 11:57 AM

I fully agree well stated sonikk4

#49 PACINO

PACINO

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 28 April 2024 - 08:57 PM

I have never had any problems with using a less expensive 20w50 for running in so long as it has good ZDDP levels (min 1200 ppm), then switching to Valvoline VR1 20w50 before really 'using' the engine. Never had any problems

Thank you Cooperman! Always is a plessure to read your answers. My idea is to start the engine with the oil was put by workshop chief (10w40 semysinthetic) and after that, in a few days time, replace that oil with Valvoline VR1.

#50 PACINO

PACINO

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 28 April 2024 - 09:21 PM

I would love to have the space and the funds to do a full restoration on a Mini, so I am lucky to do what I do on the Moop (as my daughter's Mini is called).

Paddy

Hello Paddy! We all dream of that restoration project that changes our classic Mini. But sometimes because of the long time it takes and other times because of the monetary cost it entails, we don't do it. Two years ago I was contemplating whether to restore the exterior of the car, which badly needs it, or rebuit the engine with Swiftune pistons... etc. I finally opted for the second and between new parts and labor, I have already spent more than 3thousand pounds.

20231102-140541.jpg
descargar gif mr bean

It must also be said that I hope the day it is finished will be a total enjoyment.
Regards
Luis

#51 PACINO

PACINO

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 28 April 2024 - 09:40 PM

So please play nicely everyone and also remember everyday is a school day and you always learn something new, no matter how experienced you may or may not be.

Sensible words. Thanks for everything Sonikk4

#52 coopertaz

coopertaz

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Local Club: a-series-magpies

Posted 29 April 2024 - 09:48 AM

ulilwhatever oil you decide to use remember that the engine needs to wear slightly to bed all the new components in, that's why running in oil should be used, having said that always use cheap 20/50 for this. when you drain the oil after the initial run in period you will notice the very fine metallic particles in the oil.

#53 PoolGuy

PoolGuy

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 29 April 2024 - 09:50 AM

ulilwhatever oil you decide to use remember that the engine needs to wear slightly to bed all the new components in, that's why running in oil should be used, having said that always use cheap 20/50 for this. when you drain the oil after the initial run in period you will notice the very fine metallic particles in the oil.

Cheap 20/50 rather than a running in oil? How about the zddp levels of cheap oils? 

#54 coopertaz

coopertaz

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Local Club: a-series-magpies

Posted 29 April 2024 - 10:02 AM

Cheap 20/50 rather than a running in oil? How about the zddp levels of cheap oils? 

allways assumed, it may appear incorrectly, that cheap oil had lower adatives must just have been lucky that engine bedded in fine. running in oil for next rebuild then!!! always learning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users