PACINO

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 27 April 2024 - 12:08 AM

We have manners on this forum, you? - learn them

How to make an impression.

You are the least indicated in this Forum to demand good manners. And the clear example is your own response, which is anything less constructive or conciliatory. I've seen you respond like this to other people before. Your mistake was thinking that I was going to shut up.
I don't want to see you involved in any of my posts. Ignore me completely.
Bye!

Edited by PACINO, 27 April 2024 - 12:13 AM.

#32 PACINO

PACINO

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 27 April 2024 - 12:43 AM

Think it's just a rebranded Morris Lubricants oil.

That doesn't clarify anything.

when they say 'rebranded' they're saying it's another manufacturers oil with a different label stuck on it

i,e if you want details on it, look at the morris brand and assume it will be the same

sometimes a language barrier can make things come across the wrong way, if you want snarky comments and pointless arguments maybe facebook is the place to be

Yes, of course a phrase can have a different meaning when changing languages. What I don't know is where you have seen any type of sarcasm on my part.
I have a habit of being direct and speaking very clearly, and I think I have always thanked you when you have responded to help me. Regarding your comment about Facebook, I think it's out of place.

#33 Bobbins

Bobbins

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 27 April 2024 - 06:58 AM

I hadn’t realised that Fuzz Townshend had a background in oil development, you learn something new everyday.

Anyway, back to the original question …

For a newly built engine I would always use running-in oil, Millers do a good one. Then swap to 20W-50 which is the correct oil for the engine and gearbox. 10W-40 is not a running-in oil.

#34 stuart bowes

stuart bowes

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 27 April 2024 - 08:58 AM

At the risk of continuing to flog a dead horse the Facebook comment was actually aimed towards everyone arguing over nothing, not you personally

You have accidentally argued with someone who is on your side but again language barrier .. no harm done

Edited by stuart bowes, 27 April 2024 - 09:02 AM.

#35 Lplus

Lplus

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 27 April 2024 - 09:18 AM

Hi guys! Anyone know this oil?

Screenshot-20240425-194001-Chrome.jpg

"Fuzz Townshend's Classic Oils own-label Hot Hatch oil is a semi-synthetic 10W-40 engine oil meeting the ACEA and API specifications required by many high performance Hot Hatches from the 1980's and 90's. Tested and approved by TV's Fuzz Townshend, star of National Geographic's hit show Car SOS. Blended in the UK to Fuzz's own formulation of top quality mineral and synthetic base stocks, we have produced a high quality engine oil with outstanding properties at a sensible price. Its naturally higher lubricity offers lower internal friction which reduces engine wear and improves fuel economy. It provides excellent stay-in-grade performance for a wide range of later classic engines and boasts a ZDDP content of 1300ppm for reduced wear".

Does it have extra pressure additives for use in gearboxes in the way Millers classic mini oil supposedly does?

As a more general question, running in oils seem unlikely to have extreme pressure additives, however, use for a short time in a mini is presumably not a problem...

#36 Designer

Designer

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 27 April 2024 - 10:36 AM

Morning all,

I know nothing about oil except that it needs to be put in an engine. Whether or not it is called start up oil, running in oil or even stopping oil I haven't a clue.

I am slightly confused by what has been said so far and I have been speaking and reading English for at least 72 years.

Might I suggest that those of you who do have some knowledge and would be in a position to help PACINO perhaps post some pictures of the different types of oil that he is trying to obtain with some description of what and what it doesn't do and what it is best used for.

Hopefully he will then be able to obtain the most suitable for his situation from a supplier local to him. Even if it means showing the supplier the pictures and asking for the Spanish equivalent.

Just my thoughts so do not want to offend anyone.

#37 PoolGuy

PoolGuy

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 27 April 2024 - 12:34 PM

I'm assuming from a previous post that Pacino uses Google Translate to post AND read posts. That would explain some of the angst in his posts and I seem to remember that it's not the first time he's got upset with replies to his posts. Sadly we can't see exactly what Google gives him to read. All parties probably need to take this into account when reading and replying to his posts.

#38 Cooperman

Cooperman

Uncle Cooperman, Voted Mr TMF 2011

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,050 posts
  • Local Club: MCR, HAMOC, Chelmsford M.C.

Posted 27 April 2024 - 09:10 PM

I have never had any problems with using a less expensive 20w50 for running in so long as it has good ZDDP levels (min 1200 ppm), then switching to Valvoline VR1 20w50 before really 'using' the engine. Never had any problems

#39 PACINO

PACINO

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 27 April 2024 - 10:30 PM

I hadn’t realised that Fuzz Townshend had a background in oil development, you learn something new everyday.

Anyway, back to the original question …

For a newly built engine I would always use running-in oil, Millers do a good one. Then swap to 20W-50 which is the correct oil for the engine and gearbox. 10W-40 is not a running-in oil.

Thanks a lot for your response Bobbins. Completely agree with you. Regarding Millers (and I mean Pistoneeze 20w50 like I show in the photo above) lately I haven't heard the best opinions. For example, the great Keith Calver told me that he had many problems with his engines with this oil. That's why I have it at home but I'm not going to use it for now. It's too thick.
Regards
Luis

#40 PACINO

PACINO

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 27 April 2024 - 10:33 PM

At the risk of continuing to flog a dead horse the Facebook comment was actually aimed towards everyone arguing over nothing, not you personally

You have accidentally argued with someone who is on your side but again language barrier .. no harm done

Cheers Stuart... and thanks for your help now and always.

#41 PACINO

PACINO

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 27 April 2024 - 10:42 PM

Does it have extra pressure additives for use in gearboxes in the way Millers classic mini oil supposedly does?

As a more general question, running in oils seem unlikely to have extreme pressure additives, however, use for a short time in a mini is presumably not a problem...

Nice point of view. Thanks Lplus!

#42 PACINO

PACINO

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 27 April 2024 - 10:50 PM

Morning all,

I know nothing about oil except that it needs to be put in an engine. Whether or not it is called start up oil, running in oil or even stopping oil I haven't a clue.
I am slightly confused by what has been said so far and I have been speaking and reading English for at least 72 years.
Might I suggest that those of you who do have some knowledge and would be in a position to help PACINO perhaps post some pictures of the different types of oil that he is trying to obtain with some description of what and what it doesn't do and what it is best used for.
Hopefully he will then be able to obtain the most suitable for his situation from a supplier local to him. Even if it means showing the supplier the pictures and asking for the Spanish equivalent.
Just my thoughts so do not want to offend anyone.

Hello. I didn't know you because I had never read one of your posts, but I'm very grateful for your words, full of kindness. Here's a friend if you need anything.

Luis

#43 PACINO

PACINO

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 27 April 2024 - 11:13 PM

I'm assuming from a previous post that Pacino uses Google Translate to post AND read posts. That would explain some of the angst in his posts and I seem to remember that it's not the first time he's got upset with replies to his posts. Sadly we can't see exactly what Google gives him to read. All parties probably need to take this into account when reading and replying to his posts.

Hi PoolGuy! Just a point out. I don't get angry with the answers.. just I'm very grateful to the people of this Forum for the prompt responses I always receive. This is a very active forum, nothing like the Forum in my country, where little by little it has been dying and people are writing less and less. In that Forum where I have been for 15 years, I have published more than 4000 messages. And most of the time, helping others. And many of those times, the interested person who asked the question did not write the word "thank you" or he didn't say anything at all. In a forum there are people of all kinds.

#44 PACINO

PACINO

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 27 April 2024 - 11:24 PM

Screenshot-20240428-011943-Chrome.jpg

#45 Designer

Designer

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 28 April 2024 - 07:21 AM

Hi Luis,

Thank you for your kind words.

I agree with you this is a great forum. I have learnt so much from it and I am sure there is a lot more to learn.

I maintain my daughters Mini for her, which she has owned for about 28 years. It is in very good condition so I have not had a project posted on here, only the odd question or fifty :D .

I would love to have the space and the funds to do a full restoration on a Mini, so I am lucky to do what I do on the Moop (as my daughter's Mini is called).

Paddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users