#272 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 02 August 2006 - 10:42 AM

...and I've built up the new metro hubs with vented, cross drilled and grooved disks.
Posted Image

#273 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:30 PM

Al,
Been having a chat with a man called Chris and think I know what your doing. It appears Ade has started a trend.

#274 minivanman

minivanman

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,454 posts
  • Local Club: Backstreet Minis

Posted 10 August 2006 - 07:40 PM

surely not? theres not gonna be any a series ones left at the rate you lot are going at!

#275 Dolts

Dolts

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Local Club: Tyred and Exhausted

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:43 AM

I never told him Al! as i promiced! Am i the one building one of these that doesnt actually have anything but plans and dreams? :w00t: It will be done i swear!

#276 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:34 PM

I've just gone full circle really. the reason i bought my first minus shell, which I later sold to Ade was for the sole purpose of doing the R1 kit in it at a later date. But I needed funds for my 1380 so I sold it.
I then realised that I didn't have enough time or money to finish the R1 kit and re-build the 1380 and, then the prospect of keeping both cars on the road was daunting and I don't think I could have afforded it.
So I knew one car had to go, but I couldn't bear the thought of parting with either so I've combined the best bits of both.

Therefore, for those who haven't guessed already... the r1 is going in the minus. The cage has already been modified and should be back from powder coat monday and the floor has already been cut out the minus, by z-cars. I will then need to go and fetch her and kick ass to get her ready for the nurburgring.

I have also started to re-build the 1380 ready for sale.

I've had the gearbox re-built by swifty who also re-honed the bores, but I'm building the engine as I find it very theraputic (to my wallet).
New main bearings for crank and con rods.
Posted Image

I've replaced two re-conned pistons already. All have now had new piston rings
Pistons had the normal carbon build up and looked a bit grotty.
Posted Image

now look good enough to eat off
Posted Image

#277 ed4ran

ed4ran

Cadwell Event organiser

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 05:15 PM

I knew it!!!! :w00t: :w00t:

#278 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,921 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 11 August 2006 - 05:22 PM

S**t in a box Ali, I thought I was cutting it fine starting a conversion 2 months before we go, but 3 weeks!!!!! Good luck mate, can't wait to see it :w00t:

#279 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 05:55 PM

Good luck in doing it in 3 weeks. If you need any help just ask.

#280 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 04:59 PM

Thanks for the support. I will be contacting zs on monday. I will be getting it back as a rolling shell with suspension set up, so that should be a worry off my mind, but seeing these chain alignment problems and having to make spacers for frame and then in between diff and sprocket to get drive shaft to meet hub! Makes me a little more worried about time. Did you have any of these chain alignment problems Pete?

#281 m3ntalist

m3ntalist

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 05:27 PM

Great Idea - Please get this finished for the ring - I will personally pay for a lap as a passenger!

#282 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 05:30 PM

Ah ha the secret is out. ;D

#283 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 05:35 PM

Great Idea - Please get this finished for the ring - I will personally pay for a lap as a passenger!

Well I won't have my girlfriend with me this year, so you'll have to pay me in kind...
...unless you puke up a tree all day like she did!

#284 Dog

Dog

Deathwish Fairy

• Banned from Buying/Selling
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,550 posts
  • Local Club: Shatrats.com

Posted 12 August 2006 - 05:35 PM

blooming eck!!!
Good luck dude, looks like you need to get some shares with Red Bull to get this done!! ;D

#285 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 06:04 PM

Thanks for the support. I will be contacting zs on monday. I will be getting it back as a rolling shell with suspension set up, so that should be a worry off my mind, but seeing these chain alignment problems and having to make spacers for frame and then in between diff and sprocket to get drive shaft to meet hub! Makes me a little more worried about time. Did you have any of these chain alignment problems Pete?

On the pickup I had slight play in one driveshaft but z-cars noticed this when they set up the suspension and added a spacer to take up the play. No such problems with Ade's or with the new minus.
The engine has loads of adjustment as you probably know to allow the chain to be aligned properly. I think we just screwed up with Ade's and didn't get it right first time. We didn't even bother checking it each time we tightened the chain even though there was always a rattling noise. We just assumed it was ok. Pickup chain hasn't been a problem.
You shouldn't have any problems with front subframe fitting as it will be all fitted by the time you pick it up. Also, yours will be made specifically for your car as you have the 2 bolt top mounts. Both the one's i've had for the minus's have fitted without any spacers.

Pete

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users