#1 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts
  • Local Club: South Central

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:07 PM

We had loads of trouble getting this house.... and getting rid of the old house.. we had some plans drawn up as soon as we had got the keys and got planning permission for an extension before we moved in... Basically its a 1950's/60's 3 bed semi with a hallway, small kitchen, living room and dining room with a bathroom upstairs... We knocked the living room and dining room into one as soon as we could to fit the big TV, Re wired, plumbed decorated and carpeted the house (and had a new kitchen and bathroom)...

The planning permission we got is for a 2 story side extension where the drive goes past the house and a single story pitched roof extension across the back of the whole thing... this will give us a playroom, Walk in shower/Wet room and big Kitchen/dining/garden room downstairs and a big bedroom with ensuite upstairs (and the provision for a further bedroom and ensuite in the loft later on.

We got the price for the work from my brother on monday, paid him on tuesday, he came round with a builder on wednesday and they started today!!!

The old patio and pathways have all been demolished and skipped away and we have half of the footings dug, all the digging will be done by tommorow lunchtime and concrete should be poured at some point in the afternoon ready for the real building to start on monday.. by the end of next week, the ground floor layout should be complete ready for the fist floor joists which i will do at the weekend and it is entirely possible that the roof will be nearly done when we get home from riviera run!!!!! i'll do dome pics if anyones interested!!!!!

#2 miniboo

miniboo

Lord of Original Thinking

• Members
  • 9,327 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 03:14 AM

pics please

#3 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 07:30 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:49 AM

Somethings not right on those plans... I don't see a double garage??

#5 JimP

JimP

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Local Club: Bruuums Minis

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:55 AM

Want to do similar with my house but have no idea where to start!! :withstupid:

#6 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 12:02 PM

Somethings not right on those plans... I don't see a double garage??

no??? you see to the left of the entrance hall... a room easily big enough for a mini... which had a pit in it on the first set of drawings and garage door on the front.... it now says "PLAYROOM".

#7 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 01:23 PM

I say you go back to the original drawings, a cot could be nice and cosy down a pit.

#8 Rodders

Rodders

Mr Sexy Ankles

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 01:25 PM

get the pit fill it with those plastic balls when your not working on the car. job done.

#9 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 01:53 PM

Just had a major run in with neighbors over the road.... couldn't get a concrete lorry on the drive so the builder knocked a 40 year old 2ft wall over between us and next door... the old woman next door is away till next week.... they came running over screaming "you have no right to be on her property etc etc etc (they are feeding her cat and think that they have right of attourney!!!!) Builder told them that it would be rebuilt within an hour (which he now has) but they said we shouldn't e on her land etc etc....

i tried telling them i have been there twice as my sewer pipe runs into her manhole, then back across my garden and i had to make sure it wasn't blocked, the second time was to clear some spoil which had fallen off the digger on to the drive..... The wall has been unsafe since we've been here and nearly went over when i took some tree roots out last year.. told neighbor i was doing it and that if it damaged the wall i would rebuild it and if the removal of the roots damaged her drive that i would re-lay her drive.... they are basically trying to say that i should have waited for her to come back before starting groundworks....

they are always staring out the window at us when i'm working on the car or on the house and the only things they have ever said dince the day we moved in were "you are going to sweep the road after doing that i hope"

Like it's their ***king road????

#10 BabyBek

BabyBek

I love sheepies

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • Local Club: TMF and South Wales Minis

Posted 13 April 2007 - 04:37 PM

Mupets! It's kinda refreshing to see such a different project!
Pics please.... but not of ur builders bum... or you on a 'tea break'!

#11 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 05:08 PM

Mupets! It's kinda refreshing to see such a different project!
Pics please.... but not of ur builders bum... or you on a 'tea break'!

No power..... builders dug through the power cable at 3 oclock and i'm waiting for southern electric!!! i just found out that if i sit at the top of the stairs, i can piggyback other peoples wireless connections!!!! :withstupid: if i know who they were, i'd ask permission... if its the twot over the road i'm going to delete all his files!!!!!!! :withstupid:

#12 *DJH*

*DJH*

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,972 posts
  • Local Club: www.bigpower.co.uk

Posted 13 April 2007 - 05:30 PM

Twot! i haven't heard that for years! :withstupid:

#13 mattyoung69

mattyoung69

TMF Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 05:39 PM

lol - either that or connect them to things that would easily shock - coulld you send an email from them to the neighbour just to wind them up!?

#14 biggav

biggav

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:09 PM

Well.... Scotish and southern turned up at gone 8 o clock... had to get acess to the house next door (which meant getting the key from the twots)... i thoght it was to isolate our power as apparently the main runs into next door, then loops to our house.... they went in and turned a light on, then just as it was getting dark.... they turned the whole street off... for an hour and a half... and everyone hates me........ and i don't care :withstupid:

#15 mattyoung69

mattyoung69

TMF Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:43 PM

thats quite amusing - still free wireless though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users