19 replies to this topic

#16 Gazz

Gazz

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 02:05 AM

I like the one with the RAF roundal, It compliments the car alot more than the unionjack.

#17 ImagoX

ImagoX

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Local Club: MidOhioMotoring.com

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:05 PM

I learned from my sign shop that I should not apply vinyl until at least 30 days after getting my roof re-painted (it needs do be done), so to tide me over I made a set of each design only 6" tall - I figure I can use them as actual "nose art" (if I can find a location that looks good) or I can put them in the corners of the rear windows and them replace them with the full-size graphic later. He also made me a sample of a portion of the full-size design so I could see what it would look like at 100% scale.

I'm leaning towards the RAF roundel ATM but the UJ might look better as a small design - we shall see... Photos to follow - thanks for the input!

#18 Ru55boy

Ru55boy

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:37 AM

How would it look with just her on a white roof? No background and possibly no name....

Otherwise they both look great maybe the union jack slightly better

I like Minili's idea - just the girl on the roof, but the name should stay to keep the nose art theme.

#19 CooperTrooper

CooperTrooper

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts
  • Local Club: Sheffield Mini Club

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:48 AM

Hrmmmm...

Posted Image

Posted Image

UJ looks to busy mate, id go with the bomber one, the bomber makes the girl stand out more :xxx: GREAT IDEA by the way!

#20 ImagoX

ImagoX

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Local Club: MidOhioMotoring.com

Posted 13 August 2007 - 04:17 PM

Last week, I went to a local sign shop that some of the other local folks have had good luck with to get a sample of the full-size art, and while I was there I got some miniature verisons (6") to tide me over. I still couldn't decide which I like better, so I put one on each side. (The "13" is just a magnetic gumball I slap on every now and again for fun) :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I love 'em! I might just leave these on for a while and leave the roof alone... The sign place made me 3 sets of miniatures along with my full-size sample - quite a good deal for $25 USD I think (about 12.5 quid).

Edited by ImagoX, 13 August 2007 - 04:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users