1881 replies to this topic

#166 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:28 PM

What do the Charade engines come out of?! I know the obvious choice would be a Charade, but have never heard of it!!

#167 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:29 PM

172hp is the very latest R1, completely different to the 2003 R1 Fuel Injected, last of the normal injected R1 are about 150hp at the flywheel, 130 approx at wheel

David

#168 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:34 PM

What do the Charade engines come out of?! I know the obvious choice would be a Charade, but have never heard of it!!

Its the very rare Charade GTti. Not many around that haven't been blown up though :nugget:

#169 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:35 PM

172hp is the very latest R1, completely different to the 2003 R1 Fuel Injected, last of the normal injected R1 are about 150hp at the flywheel, 130 approx at wheel

David

Bugger only 150Bhp..... Maybe the turbo will have to arrive sooner than I thought...... :wink: :-

#170 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:53 PM

Ade,

You will get a bit more with freeflow filter and fine tuning with a power commander about 160hp, a mate of mine has a R1 carb mini weighing 460kgs, 133hp at the wheels and it absolutely flies. The performance is not a problem, you will probably find the performance more than adequate I would try it standard before turbo's and stuff

Cheers
David

#171 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:53 PM

Yea, because a 150bhp bike engine in a mini is just C**p!!! :-

#172 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:57 PM

Was only messing guys ( i thought the wink might have been a give away) I am initially just going to get a freeflow air filter possibley an uprated clutch and a full power fc set up (ala holeshot racing) :grin:

Once I get used to it and convince myself that I'm not going to throw it off the road I may then go in the pursuit of a few more ponies but we'll have to just wait and see :cheese:

#173 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:59 PM

Ade,

You will get a bit more with freeflow filter and fine tuning with a power commander about 160hp, a mate of mine has a R1 carb mini weighing 460kgs, 133hp at the wheels and it absolutely flies. The performance is not a problem, you will probably find the performance more than adequate I would try it standard before turbo's and stuff

Cheers
David

How'd he get it that light? Where abouts in the country is he? I'd love to have a look around for a bit of a nosey? Make sure I'm not going to far wrong with mine.

#174 fikus01

fikus01

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG - Southend Mini Action Group

Posted 12 April 2005 - 10:21 PM

does anyone know how light a mini miglia race car is i mean a serious one like curleys one for eg, the guy can pick that up on his own with full runnin ggear attached, im thinking they must break the 450kg mark heading south!!

#175 KC-SWO

KC-SWO

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 12:51 PM

Is it possible to get some pictures of the differential mounting and setup?

#176 Oldskoolbaby

Oldskoolbaby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 06:38 PM

The charade engines from a diahatsu. Im going to have every trick in the book done on it. Im gunna put a different bellhousing on it to accept a stronger gearbox from another manufucture cause ive heard they are fragile. The ones that blow up tend to only have the boost turned up way too high.

#177 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 09:43 AM

Ade,
There should be no problem talking to him, but I will ask him first, he is based near Oxford so not to far away from you

I have some piccies of the car I'm sure he won't mind me posting a couple, I will do that tonight

Cheers
David

#178 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 05:39 PM

Thanks David that would be great.

Just some of what I'm doing is a bit new to me (to say the least) and talking to someone who built one would be very useful.

Ade

#179 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:58 PM

Hello Ade,
I'm trying to add some pictures and getting an error, I've realised they are mostly over 500kb, so here is a differential shot

What software could I use to resize the photo hopefully free or very cheap

Cheers
David

Attached Files

#180 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 07:07 PM

If you've got a digital camera most of them have viewing software. Veiw the pictures then you should be able to just re-size them down to say 700 x 500. That should reduce the file size enough to allow them to be posted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users