#692 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

Some have found the hondata gasket preventing the nuts from going full on, but its seems 50/50 with different setups?

Maybe a bit late now but make sure when the gasket is mocked on it has the full clearance, I had to mark up and get a machine shop to 'slightly' trim down some edges both sides to make sure the air flow was constant as it looked like it would cause some turbulence - and this gasket was from a reputable place and not ebay.....

Good luck with the engine start up Chris

#693 ginger_monkey

ginger_monkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

Cheers KAM. I got the gasket from a Tegiwa stockist on ebay. I think it's fine but time will tell. The holes for the gasses looked ok but didn't really look to see if they had an overlap. Next time the engine comes out I will O_O

The rad mods have done the job. It's well clear of everything now so I'm happy. Here are some pics with the wheel stright ahead.

Posted Image
Posted Image

and the wheels turned all the way left.

Posted Image
Posted Image

I finaly figured out what the problems were as to why it didn't want to start or idle. I went out a bought a laptop so I could get on MAP3000 and see what was going on with all the sensors and the coolant temp was showing 100 deg constantly. This is finaly figured out was the default setting as there was no signal going to the ecu from the sensor.

Posted Image

I pulled out the wiring to find that the wires had snapped. So a quick bodge job later the wires were back on and connected. But still no signal. So I had to changed stuff around a bit. I went to a diferent coolant temp sensor and thought the plug was still dodgy so I cut off the one that goes to the air temp sensor as it's identical and re-wired it to the coolant line. Then banged it on the new location. Then I got the air temp sensor I bought when I got my ecu from OMEX. Leaving the old sensor in place on the manifold I decided to put the new one in my silicon hose going into the throttle body.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

After sorting out yet another earthing issue I turned the key and she fires up staright away and idled nice so I have packed up for the night and will have a drink as a happy boy. Think I'll take her for a drive tomorrow and bed in those new cogs.

Edited by ginger_monkey, 02 April 2012 - 07:03 PM.

#694 AndrewMini

AndrewMini

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

just read the whole thread. this has made me really consider putting honda vtec in mine :) shame about lack of funds :(

#695 tonykart19

tonykart19

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

amazing built i can only dream of doing a build like this, what mpg do you get?with and with out caravan, thrashing and driving normal?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users