134 replies to this topic

#16 Sleepy Stu

Sleepy Stu

formerly Stewart_GT

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 10:50 PM

that is absolutely stunning, the starmags really suit it. but i reckon you should go for the new cobra clubman seats rather than the classics.

I know what you mean stanley but i think they are just a bit too buckety i want to kinda retain a classic feel although its not going to look very classic by the time i finish with it!! Also may have to be used a as daily driver so a little comfort is required!! :thumbsup:

Edited by Stewart_GT, 16 December 2007 - 10:50 PM.

#17 slyrmini

slyrmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:11 PM

Looking good man, love the colour!

#18 Sleepy Stu

Sleepy Stu

formerly Stewart_GT

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:25 PM

Had a bash at my calipers today and gave them a lick of paint. Have got some new seals for them and they should be going back on soon. Sticking with the originals as they are just a stop gap for the moment until i can afford a KAD 4 pot, vented setup but i have also bought some ebc greenstuff to go in them for the mean time.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Tech Tip :) : When painting calipers i found that the inner cardboard from a kitchen towel roll fits perfectly into the piston slot!! :thumbsup:

Edited by Stewart_GT, 16 December 2007 - 11:38 PM.

#19 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 12:07 AM

Cool, nice calipers ! and lovely CLubby !!!
Whos minis that in the background on one of the pics, its got "01" Decal On the side

Craig

#20 Sleepy Stu

Sleepy Stu

formerly Stewart_GT

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 12:07 PM

Cool, nice calipers ! and lovely CLubby !!!
Whos minis that in the background on one of the pics, its got "01" Decal On the side

Craig

Thats also mine but it doesnt look like that anymore it mean completly stripped and im selling off most the parts. Provisionally somebody is having the shell and engine off me so it may live again!!!! :thumbsup:

#21 robj2502

robj2502

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 01:05 PM

Nice looking clubby

Not sure about the cobra clubmans though, I found them really uncomfortable on my previous mini. Recliners would be a better option especially if your going to use your car daily. Huddersfield spares have got some nice looking cobra recliners in various colours to suit most minis take a look at there website

#22 Sleepy Stu

Sleepy Stu

formerly Stewart_GT

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 03:21 PM

Nice looking clubby

Not sure about the cobra clubmans though, I found them really uncomfortable on my previous mini. Recliners would be a better option especially if your going to use your car daily. Huddersfield spares have got some nice looking cobra recliners in various colours to suit most minis take a look at there website

Thx Rob (goes of to look at huddersfield spares website) :thumbsup:

#23 Sleepy Stu

Sleepy Stu

formerly Stewart_GT

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:39 PM

Damn pressure reducing valve cant strip it down to clean it and i cant put it in the parts washer cause if i get any water in it ill never get it out again looks like im gonna have to scrub each tiny bit by hand :D

Posted Image

#24 lew

lew

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Local Club: mmm

Posted 18 December 2007 - 12:29 AM

alrite stewart , this clubby is mint , and yerp that mini in the back round will live again soon lol lookin good stewart, wish i was buyin ur clubby lol

#25 alexcrosse

alexcrosse

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 12:51 AM

brakes work much better if u spray em red >_< fact!

#26 Sleepy Stu

Sleepy Stu

formerly Stewart_GT

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:18 AM

brakes work much better if u spray em red :withstupid: fact!

That was my technical undertstanding of it as well!! :withstupid:

Although they wont stay red for very long and im sure will soon be covered in filth and grime in no time at all!!! >_<

#27 miRon

miRon

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG

Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:54 AM

looking tidy mate!

#28 dave20046

dave20046

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:38 AM

Had a bash at my calipers today and gave them a lick of paint. Have got some new seals for them and they should be going back on soon. Sticking with the originals as they are just a stop gap for the moment until i can afford a KAD 4 pot, vented setup but i have also bought some ebc greenstuff to go in them for the mean time.

Tech Tip :X : When painting calipers i found that the inner cardboard from a kitchen towel roll fits perfectly into the piston slot!! ;)

Nice to see you've got an 8pack of carlsberg to hand if things get too stressful, nice thinking :X
What paint did you use on your calipers, I need to do mine I was just going to use hammerite?

#29 RetroRay

RetroRay

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:49 PM

Nice looking clubby the group 5 arches look nice you have spacers on the wheels or not ???

#30 Sleepy Stu

Sleepy Stu

formerly Stewart_GT

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:55 PM

Tech Tip :dontgetit: : When painting calipers i found that the inner cardboard from a kitchen towel roll fits perfectly into the piston slot!! :cry:

Nice to see you've got an 8pack of carlsberg to hand if things get too stressful, nice thinking :thumbsup:
What paint did you use on your calipers, I need to do mine I was just going to use hammerite?

Yeah i just used Hammerite (will have to see if the heat gets too much for it probably should have used high temp stuff) however i have used the 'hammered effect' Hammerite as it gives it this cool metallic kinda look, rather than the gloss stuff. At the end of the day it was just a stop gap until i can afford a KAD vented setup. Quick question if anybody knows for lubricating the seals before i put the pistons back in can i just use a spot of brake fluid?

thx stu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users