134 replies to this topic

#31 Sleepy Stu

Sleepy Stu

formerly Stewart_GT

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:56 PM

Nice looking clubby the group 5 arches look nice you have spacers on the wheels or not ???

Nope no spacers on the wheels at all 13x7's are hard enough on the bearings as it is lol :cry:

Edited by Stewart_GT, 12 January 2008 - 04:29 PM.

#32 Sleepy Stu

Sleepy Stu

formerly Stewart_GT

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:20 PM

Well im very excited look what turned up this week!! :ermm:

Hopefully this should make a very nice sound. Didnt go for the twin silencer so i just hope it isnt too noisy although a little bit of grunt is never a bad thing!

Posted Image Posted Image

If any body has and hints and tips and advice for fitting one of these puppies then it would be greatly apprciated! :kiss:

Edited by Stewart_GT, 14 January 2008 - 05:06 PM.

#33 James182

James182

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:34 PM

Quick question if anybody knows for lubricating the seals before i put the pistons back in can i just use a spot of brake fluid?

I wouldnt reccomend it as the brake fluid is a corrosive and may perrish the seals very quickly.

Lovely looking mini there! :ermm:

James

#34 Sleepy Stu

Sleepy Stu

formerly Stewart_GT

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:37 PM

Quick question if anybody knows for lubricating the seals before i put the pistons back in can i just use a spot of brake fluid?

I wouldnt reccomend it as the brake fluid is a corrosive and may perrish the seals very quickly.

Lovely looking mini there! :ermm:

James

Thx James thats that idea out the window then. Have just looking at the destructions and it says to lubricate with brake disc fluid? Any ideas? Thx stu

#35 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:11 PM

Well im very excited look what tuned up this week!! :D

you have wheel barrow handles

#36 mini_kel

mini_kel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,851 posts
  • Local Club: EMC/No pub mini club

Posted 12 January 2008 - 09:13 PM

Lovely looking mini there! :D

James

Thx James thats that idea out the window then. Have just looking at the destructions and it says to lubricate with brake disc fluid? Any ideas? Thx stu

Use brake fluid,just make sure u clean the excess off! use brake cleaner

#37 aprew

aprew

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:55 PM

wow! i really love your clubman!
i'm looking for one of these myself, any idea of how much i'd pay for one similar to this?

#38 aprew

aprew

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 06:58 PM

Just noticed your from Worcester, small world!

#39 Sleepy Stu

Sleepy Stu

formerly Stewart_GT

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 08:11 PM

wow! i really love your clubman!
i'm looking for one of these myself, any idea of how much i'd pay for one similar to this?

Heh dude thx for your comments. Umm not sure really but mine has at least £3000 spent on it already and it still doesnt have an interior? :proud:

#40 Sleepy Stu

Sleepy Stu

formerly Stewart_GT

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:12 PM

Nice looking clubby the group 5 arches look nice you have spacers on the wheels or not ???

Nope no spacers on the wheels at all 13x7's are hard enough on the bearings as it is lol =]

Sorry i lied a bit here i meant to say i have no spacers on the front wheels. Unfortunatly i have had to use 1 1/4 inch spacers of the rear for the tyres to clear the shocks. Could probably have got away with 1 inchers though! :)

Edited by Stewart_GT, 30 January 2008 - 11:13 PM.

#41 Sleepy Stu

Sleepy Stu

formerly Stewart_GT

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:38 PM

Well good news and bad news then good news!!!

Good news

The mini has breathed her first breath of life. After a little coaxing and some cleaning up of the points she burst into life. :D

For the first time in 13 years and after only a tiny 10 mins of fiddling she roared into life, albeit a little loud because i hadnt fitted the exhaust yet. Filled the garage with fumes but ill forgive her considering she was clearing her lungs after 13 years!

Bad news

Posted Image

Had to change the manifold for a new one that i got at Bingley and found this in the old one not good? :w00t:

Oil in the exhaust could mean big problems as im sure you all know so their was nothing for it

Time for a mini adventure and road trip!!! ;) :)

Luckily i have a friend who is also a mechanic and me and the mini took a trip up to Brum to go see him.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Another reason for the road trip was the new exhaust i had bought was being a real pain in the ar#e to fit and rather than bodging it trying to squeeze underneath the mini while it was on axle stands at home i made full use of the car ramp available to put the mini above my head and do the job properly. You cannot believe the ease of working underneath the mini until you have tried doing it at a suitable working height, pure bliss. :teehee:

Another part that got sorted was a custom plate that a previous owner had made after the engine steady bolts that screw into the block had obviuosly snapped off at some point so a plate was added with a new bolt through it. However the bolt was about 10mm out from where is should have been tilting the engine slightly forward and ultimatley causing the problems i was having fitting my exhaust. Anyway a quick grind off and some welding (not by me i may add i cant weld for toffee) that was soon remedied.

Then after all this while it had been running for a while i noticed a small dribble of water from the front of the block. Rather bemused i continued to watch as the dribble soon turned into Niagra Falls!!!! :w00t: Doh :lol: Damn core plug

Well then the good news came along my mechanic friend believed that there wasnt enough oil to justify stripping the engine just yet and after a little coaxing he decided that it was probably my fault as a few days earlier i had overfilled the daspot with oil almost up to the very top of it. And then ran the engine to make it worse :D (I had been trying to avoid everybody finding out about my little blunder :thumbsup:

All in all a good day, exhaust fitted, dodgy engine steady sorted, and blown core plug sorted while the baby was in a garage rather then out on the road.

Posted Image

Exhaust tips hadnt been tightened was still deciding on the angle so it looks wonky.

Time to head off back for home!!!!

#42 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:42 PM

things always go easier with the right tools :thumbsup:

#43 Dan1991

Dan1991

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:53 PM

Looks amazing, good luck with it all. :thumbsup:

#44 Sleepy Stu

Sleepy Stu

formerly Stewart_GT

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:18 PM

things always go easier with the right tools :thumbsup:

You are so right bungle it is always easier when you have the right tools for the job! Im sure thats a quote from somewhere?

#45 B-shaw

B-shaw

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Local Club: www.clubpolo.co.uk

Posted 03 February 2008 - 11:13 PM

Nice Defender :lol:
My mate had same exhaust just with round tips rather than oval, it sounded like a BEAST. could here it for miles lol.

I love the wheels as well, getting some for my MK3 polo soon off midland wheels :thumbsup:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2)