preston-7

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:06 PM

bonnet with a bulge like this...
Posted Image

yes something like that would be good, where do you get one of those? i'd like it smoother though, with less of an edge to the bulge? i could sort that myself with some fibreglass and filler though

sorry for the lack of pictures, nothing really to take photo's of, getting the engine back ready to fit on thursday/friday! had to take the head off to get at 1 of the mounting points, as it was cracked and needed welded. it has sat around a while though so i'm quite happy someone has been in there for a check in a funny sort of way.

started building the doors back up, the door handles don't seem to be locking anymore, and the interior door handle seems to be playing up, and thats only one door!

the wing mirror fitted well at least haaah

#33 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:33 AM

it is mine. the one pictured is metal and filler, I have made a grp one, so can dig out the mould if needs be

#34 Joah

Joah

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:26 AM

I would go for a carbon weezel bugled bonnet if you have the money as it seems to be a nice shape.

#35 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:20 PM

bonnet with a bulge like this...
Posted Image

I recognise that shell!! :shy:

#36 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:28 PM

You would!
looks a little different now tho doesn't it

#37 rtg54

rtg54

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Local Club: Minis of the Rockies, MINI5280

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:17 PM

Posted Image

Where did that dash come from? Thanks!

#38 preston-7

preston-7

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:46 PM

I got it from the stig, theres a few on ebay at the moment too. it was white but i painted it!

#39 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:16 PM

I was at TDK racing a couple of days ago, and he does bonnets like that. :genius:

#40 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:34 PM

Don't forget that minus bonnets are a different size to standard one's. I would take up Al on his offer of the mould and make one like his. At least you know it would fit. You could always modify the shape once you've made one.

#41 preston-7

preston-7

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:24 PM

Yes I was going to say, I had a spare metal mk1 bonnet kickong around, and it was too big! I'm hoping to get the engine back from the yamaha dealer by friday, fingers crossed!

thanks for your help before with the mounting pete, top man for minus's!!

#42 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:28 PM

Whats different about the sizes of the bonnets? I offered a MK3 bonnet up to my minus and it seemed to fit.

I thought the only difference was that it needed a budge or two to clear things like the carb, rad and rocker cover?

#43 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:12 PM

Front edge where the bonnet curve's down is shorter on a minus to compensate for where the body has been lowered. Believe it was done this way to allow a standard grille to be used.
Minisprint on here used to supply new bonnet's (got mine from him) so might be worth seeing if he's got any left. You could always cut it and make your own bulge.

#44 preston-7

preston-7

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:03 PM

I'm a few weeks off offering the bonnet up now, thats the boys that r welding the two mounting points on the engine been on the ppone, saying they cant do it till tuesday, having already had the engine for 2 weeks! so its going over to the yamaha dealer on tuesday afternoon to have the head built back up, but thats going to take at least 4 days, as they r fitting it in around everything else! looks like i'll be another couple of weeks at least before i get it in.

on a more positive note, made up some brackets for the inside of the car, and fitted my rear lights!

got the steering rack on, and the wiper motor!

plus ordered loads of little bits and pieces to fit the rear subframe, some hilos and knuckle joints, my adjustable shocks arrived in the post today! hopefully get everything ready so it's just a case of putting the engine in..... haaa

ordered some carpet too, was hoping to get my mate who is a carpet fitter to put it in on sunday but it won't arrive till monday! at least i've got a couple of weeks to play with!

i'll try and get some more photo's once there are some worth taking pictures of!

#45 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:03 PM

Front edge where the bonnet curve's down is shorter on a minus to compensate for where the body has been lowered. Believe it was done this way to allow a standard grille to be used.
Minisprint on here used to supply new bonnet's (got mine from him) so might be worth seeing if he's got any left. You could always cut it and make your own bulge.

Ah fair enough, well i still have the standard bonnet, so i should be ok, although i might get myself one of Ali's bonnets if mine fails or i need more room in the engine bay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users