51 replies to this topic

#16 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:52 PM

hi guys thought i better post some new pictures before i cant find it in the ultra messy garage, i spent 2 days finding it after it was buried in junk :( anyways here it is ready for its paint job with in the next few weeks then i can get it built up and on the road for some fun :) http://s72.photobuck.....est pictures/ seems to have taken for ever to get to this point but its nearly there now, ive got everything to finish it.

cheers
Eddie

Edited by edsmini, 01 February 2009 - 11:03 PM.

#17 gixer1

gixer1

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:34 PM

Hi mate i have pm'd you but its showing nothing in my sent box, can you let me know if you have recieved it? hope so it was quite a long message! :D

#18 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 09:48 PM

Hi mate i have pm'd you but its showing nothing in my sent box, can you let me know if you have recieved it? hope so it was quite a long message! :D

yeh got the message i have replied

eddie

#19 gixer1

gixer1

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:45 PM

Attached File  mini_pics_002.jpg   2.04MB   101 downloads,Attached File  mini_pics_003.jpg   1.95MB   121 downloads Attached File  mini_pics_001.jpg   2MB   65 downloads

Here are them pics Eddie, they are not the most recent ones as we have got the bulkhead on now

#20 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:17 PM

Attached File  mini_pics_002.jpg   2.04MB   101 downloads,Attached File  mini_pics_003.jpg   1.95MB   121 downloads Attached File  mini_pics_001.jpg   2MB   65 downloads

Here are them pics Eddie, they are not the most recent ones as we have got the bulkhead on now

looking good tom like the colour. mine is going brilliant red with white roof or old english white not decided yet.
sent pm

Eddie

#21 Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts
  • Local Club: LCMOC

Posted 04 February 2009 - 09:25 PM

lookin good

#22 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:08 PM

well thats the car primered and wet n dried so hopefully get it painted on saturday, fingers crossed

Eddie

#23 brandon7

brandon7

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:01 PM

looks cool! fricken love those wheels i think im gonna get those for my hillclimb slicks. good value from mini sport too...

Got any tips for wrapping the exhaust and how much did you use on yours?! cheers

#24 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:44 AM

looks cool! fricken love those wheels i think im gonna get those for my hillclimb slicks. good value from mini sport too...

Got any tips for wrapping the exhaust and how much did you use on yours?! cheers

i got my wheels from zcars as the minisport ones dont fit over the big brakes, just something to watch, i got my exhaust wrap from ebay £20 per roll plus p&p nearly £30 i will try and find the website, i wet the wrap prior to fitting as it stretches slightly when wet and used jubilee clips to hold it tight the stainless ties are useless. i wrapped it twice for extra heat protection

Eddie

#25 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:35 PM

i got my wheels from zcars as the minisport ones dont fit over the big brakes, just something to watch, i got my exhaust wrap from ebay £20 per roll plus p&p nearly £30 i will try and find the website, i wet the wrap prior to fitting as it stretches slightly when wet and used jubilee clips to hold it tight the stainless ties are useless. i wrapped it twice for extra heat protection

Eddie

colours confirmed, audi brilliant red and olde english white roof, got the paint so no going back now eh

Eddie

#26 brandon7

brandon7

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:24 PM

cheers. so how many meters was that for twice then?
cheers

#27 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:17 PM

cheers. so how many meters was that for twice then?
cheers

i used around 35mtrs and the ebay item number was 260358388010 the guy was brand new to deal with he also does other heat protective stuff

Eddie

#28 baldy59

baldy59

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 01:58 PM

hello edsmini had the same problems with the frame, cutting the back off the frame. would of fit with out the mini rear valance on i think? never had that option as i had the valance on an painted inside.

My question is what brake master cylinder are you using is it 0.75/ 3/4. are you using a servo of any sort. have you had this working all ok. i also noticed you have changed the rear calipers up the oppisite way so the hand brake is on the bottom was this so it is easier to blead. or is it how z cars fitted them?

would be gratefull for your information.
thanks
Jamie

#29 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:46 PM

hello edsmini had the same problems with the frame, cutting the back off the frame. would of fit with out the mini rear valance on i think? never had that option as i had the valance on an painted inside.

My question is what brake master cylinder are you using is it 0.75/ 3/4. are you using a servo of any sort. have you had this working all ok. i also noticed you have changed the rear calipers up the oppisite way so the hand brake is on the bottom was this so it is easier to blead. or is it how z cars fitted them?

thanks
Jamie

Hi Jamie i used the zcars master cylinder for both the clutch and the brakes, the clutch is 14mm AOP racing cylinder but unsure of the bore size of the brake cylinder, email chris he will tell you what you need but zcars are the cheapest i havent tried the brakes because the car hasnt been driven yet to test them, but chris uses this setup on his racer and said its just the job for good brakes. im not using a servo.

i only turned the calipers up the correct way for ease when bleeding then, it would be a bit of a knightmare taking the caliper off every time you need to bleed the brakes? seems a bit silly fitting them upside down!!
hope this helps

Eddie

#30 baldy59

baldy59

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:22 PM

thanks
Jamie

Hi Jamie i used the zcars master cylinder for both the clutch and the brakes, the clutch is 14mm AOP racing cylinder but unsure of the bore size of the brake cylinder, email chris he will tell you what you need but zcars are the cheapest i havent tried the brakes because the car hasnt been driven yet to test them, but chris uses this setup on his racer and said its just the job for good brakes. im not using a servo.

i only turned the calipers up the correct way for ease when bleeding then, it would be a bit of a knightmare taking the caliper off every time you need to bleed the brakes? seems a bit silly fitting them upside down!!
hope this helps

Eddie

thanks for the info. keep us updated with the build look really good.

i sort of took your idea with the alloy box hope you dont mind lol.
thanks again
Jamie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users