Photo
- - - - -

2008 Hayabusa Mk1 Race Spec - A California Car :-)

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 mgecko1

mgecko1

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:45 AM

Well after months of reading this forum I have decided to take the plunge ;) With the Race Spec Kit on order with ZCars - A factory fresh 2008 Busa Lump waiting to be unloaded to the garage - It's a good time to start my build diary. Enjoy!

Here is the state of affairs:
The order for Race Spec kit was placed with ZCars last week - 4-6 weeks before production begins :dontgetit:;D)
The MK1 1968 Mini Shell is back from the blasters and is looking pretty sweet
The motor, throttle body, wiring harness, instrument cluster, ECM, shift lever was delivered today!

Here are a couple of pics of the progress so far:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cheers,
Jeff

#2 PhotoguyUSA

PhotoguyUSA

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Local Club: MOALA

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:10 AM

Nice Jeff,
Lets meet up some time I have a VTEC version! If you need someone to bounce ideas off of let me know.
Lyle

#3 mgecko1

mgecko1

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:50 AM

Nice Jeff,
Lets meet up some time I have a VTEC version! If you need someone to bounce ideas off of let me know.
Lyle

Hey Lyle,

That the cool thing about this board, people are always willing to lend a hand. I would definitely like to check out your car one of these days - your in SoCal right? I have read your thread not once, but a couple of times now. Your car looks awesome!

I'm sure as I progress, I'll have a head scratcher here and there. Knowing someone in the same state will be handy I'm sure! Thanks.

Cheers,
J

#4 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:13 AM

Congrats! Good luck from this side of the pond!

Sorry to see the shell failed the wind tunnel test :dontgetit:

Posted Image

#5 Bean

Bean

Queen of 'shoppin, Voted Miss TMF 2011

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,054 posts
  • Name: Jean

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:05 PM

Great looking project! Shell looks in great condition, too! :dontgetit:

Best of luck! ;D

#6 mgecko1

mgecko1

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:41 PM

Congrats! Good luck from this side of the pond!

Sorry to see the shell failed the wind tunnel test ;)

-http://homepage.mac.com/mgecko1/.Pictures/photo_c.jpg-

Thanks! Funny - a fresh perspective :thumbsup: that will be the title for that image on my .Mac Page! Love it.

http://homepage.mac....hotoAlbum2.html

Cheers,
J

#7 mgecko1

mgecko1

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:57 PM

Great looking project! Shell looks in great condition, too! ;)

Best of luck! :thumbsup:

Hey Bean,

Thanks! The car is pretty clean - things tend not to rust that much here in California, even mini's :thumbsup:) Couple of fatigued panels are being replaced down at the body shop. New Floor, Both A panels are being replaced and a new Front end is being built. Should be looking mint when Dan the body shop guy gets done!

Cheers,
J

#8 Rogue Se7ens

Rogue Se7ens

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:12 AM

Looks like the beginnings of another great project!
I know we all look forward to seeing the progress. I'm in the Phoenix area, let me know if you find a need for any carbon parts.

Jim

#9 mgecko1

mgecko1

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:59 PM

Hey Jim,

Thanks! not much progress yet. I did hear that my zcars frame came back from the powder coaters today, YA! I checked out your carbon boot lid! looks pretty sweet. How much lighter is the part then the steel part? What else do you make? I'm sure I'll need something as the build progresses, will definitely keep you in mind.

Cheers,
Jeff

Looks like the beginnings of another great project!
I know we all look forward to seeing the progress. I'm in the Phoenix area, let me know if you find a need for any carbon parts.

Jim

#10 Rogue Se7ens

Rogue Se7ens

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:13 PM

Looks like you have a good start Jeff. I know we are all looking forward to seeing those powder coated parts start coming together.
I normally have a web site with most of the carbon parts but it has been down for a little while because my host left me hanging. I am trying to finish up the molding of my entire MKI body, and I am working on a roadgoing frame that this will sit on. So in addition to the main panels I am making or soon will be, a two piece front (separate bonnet), boot lid, doors, roof, fortech fender flares, top dash rail, a speaker box that looks like a right hand fuel tank, and a few other things.
The carbon part are much lighter but I haven't really kept track of the comparisons. This boot lid I posted pics of came in at around 2 1/2 pounds.
I'm looking forward to following your progress.

Jim

Edited by Rogue Se7ens, 18 July 2008 - 04:14 PM.

#11 mgecko1

mgecko1

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:06 PM

Looks like you have a good start Jeff. I know we are all looking forward to seeing those powder coated parts start coming together.
I normally have a web site with most of the carbon parts but it has been down for a little while because my host left me hanging. I am trying to finish up the molding of my entire MKI body, and I am working on a roadgoing frame that this will sit on. So in addition to the main panels I am making or soon will be, a two piece front (separate bonnet), boot lid, doors, roof, fortech fender flares, top dash rail, a speaker box that looks like a right hand fuel tank, and a few other things.
The carbon part are much lighter but I haven't really kept track of the comparisons. This boot lid I posted pics of came in at around 2 1/2 pounds.
I'm looking forward to following your progress.

Jim

WOW 2.5 pounds makes that a pretty big weight savings... Well definitely let me know when your site comes back on line would love to see some more of your handy work. Do you have a thread some where with more pictures? In the mean time I'll save my lunch money up for some carbon kevlar parts :thumbsup:)

Cheers,
Jeff

#12 mgecko1

mgecko1

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:20 PM

Some Eye Candy Chris and Richard were kind enough to send over this morning! Note the date is some where in the future ;-) Things are moving right along...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers,
Jeff

#13 ludsonline

ludsonline

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 07:25 AM

Gonna be a stunner when its done mate

#14 IWANAR1MINI

IWANAR1MINI

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Local Club: n/a

Posted 20 July 2008 - 07:00 AM

awesome job dude

Edited by IWANAR1MINI, 21 July 2008 - 07:44 AM.

#15 mgecko1

mgecko1

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:32 AM

Thanks for all the positive comments! Little progress today - Got the instrument cluster for a 2008 bike, and the factory manual - this will be the initial setup to get everything up and running. I hope this will make bring up of the motor easier.

Cheers,
Jeff

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users