Photo
- - - - -

2008 Hayabusa Mk1 Race Spec - A California Car :-)

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#16 mgecko1

mgecko1

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:43 PM

Looks like things are moving along and almost ready to get shipped! Couple questions about getting the wheels and tires in thru customs any advice?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Cheers,
Jeff

Edited by mgecko1, 28 August 2008 - 07:58 PM.

#17 danny mak

danny mak

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:18 PM

Hey jeff

The project looks awsome,

How does the race kit fit into the shell, does it simply slide in through the hole in the floor like the standard kit ? or does the floor need to be removed or something crazy ?

Cheers Dan

#18 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 08:01 PM

the race spec kit needs the rear valance leaving OFF so you can get past the rear section of the boot floor
also a good tip is to get a ratchet strap and pull the very bottom of the front roll cage feet together so they will pass through the door piller section of the shell easily
its a tight fit but it does go
once its in then its a permanant job so its worth taking care over it
chris

#19 danny mak

danny mak

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:00 PM

Brilliant, cheers chris and hopefully il be putting a order in really soon :thumbsup:

#20 mgecko1

mgecko1

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:48 AM

The good news the kit is in the states, the bad news... The container is stuck in customs. Something about an xray examination... Hope all goes well. Anyone have any experience with this?

J

#21 TZE

TZE

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 04:24 PM

The good news the kit is in the states, the bad news... The container is stuck in customs. Something about an xray examination... Hope all goes well. Anyone have any experience with this?

J

Hi Jeff - Nice project. Wish my pants were bigger and I could talk the wife into stretching the budget for the Hayabusa kit.

I notice the frame is set up for a right hand steering column (at least the one in the posted pics is) I know your in CA. Did you want a right hand drive?

All the best with the build.

#22 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:32 PM

They randomly xray everything now. If you end up with any problems in customs, I may be able to help, my brother is a licensed broker...

How did you end up getting your wheels and tires in?

J

#23 mgecko1

mgecko1

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:49 PM

Thanks! I'm sure you could barter some DIY home improvements to grease the skids on you getting a kit ;-) Yup the car was originally right hand drive and I decided to keep it that way. Makes for a fun and different drive!

Cheers,
Jeff

J

Hi Jeff - Nice project. Wish my pants were bigger and I could talk the wife into stretching the budget for the Hayabusa kit.

I notice the frame is set up for a right hand steering column (at least the one in the posted pics is) I know your in CA. Did you want a right hand drive?

All the best with the build.

#24 mgecko1

mgecko1

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:58 PM

Hey Monte,

Thanks for the offer! Just got Great news this morning - I heard from the shipper, that my container has been released from customs. Now it's waiting to be picked up for delivery! I think the wheels and tires are just in the container, I'm not 100% sure - so I will have to fill in the details when I get them.

Holy *rubbish* it's finally coming! Just in time for Xmas :P

Cheers,
Jeff

They randomly xray everything now. If you end up with any problems in customs, I may be able to help, my brother is a licensed broker...

How did you end up getting your wheels and tires in?

J

#25 PhotoguyUSA

PhotoguyUSA

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Local Club: MOALA

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:01 PM

Jeff,
Great news! My tires and wheels came in the box if they didnt it would be a different story with customs. :P

Look forward to the progress picts. When its done we all have to do a Zcars meet in the middle of the US somewhere!

#26 mgecko1

mgecko1

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:10 PM

Jeff,
Great news! My tires and wheels came in the box if they didnt it would be a different story with customs. :P

Look forward to the progress picts. When its done we all have to do a Zcars meet in the middle of the US somewhere!

Sounds like fun! On another note- I love the progress you have made on your car - that thing is sick - Next time I'm down in your neck of the woods I would love to stop by and see it in person! maybe we can all show up for a track day.

Cheers,
Jeff

#27 PhotoguyUSA

PhotoguyUSA

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:13 PM

Thanks Jeff as you will find out its a labor of love that just takes time. Anytime just let me know.

What wheels did you end up going with?

#28 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:36 PM

Yeah - tires, wheels, brake lines, glass, and lights are a PITA with Customs - they all have to be DOT marked or the entire shipment risks getting quarantined, fines levied (at up to the total mount of the shipment value plus a large fraction of that for "storage"), and (worst case) sent back or destroyed...yeesh!

I've heard this rarely ever happens, but the consequences are scary - the Importer of Record (typically the ultimate owner) can be bared from importing things in the future too, as they consider any misrepresentation of what's in the containers to be just as bad as any other - the only other "non-compliant" category is for drugs, firearms, and explosives - gotta love our goverment...

Jeff,
Great news! My tires and wheels came in the box if they didnt it would be a different story with customs. O_O

#29 PhotoguyUSA

PhotoguyUSA

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 11:39 PM

We found the wording was key for the "rims". Rims are technically a part.

#30 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:10 AM

I like it - I"ll have to tell my brother that one for next time!

We found the wording was key for the "rims". Rims are technically a part.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users