Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:10 PM

Looking good mate, the frame looks alot stronger now :P

Also loving the acewell :ermm:

Gutted you missed out the fuel gauge, but i guess it mean you can have more dials lol

Iv still got to have a few gauges, such as boost :P and im going to be having a larger center speedo just for looks. wonder how far out it will be, might even convert it to a massive rev courter.

OOOOHHH OOOHHH ill be buying myself a nice big lump of metal for snot very very soon :dozing: custom made by someone else, but i just cant be bothered to make on myself, also getting the engine, box, loom, manifolds, linkage, tank, rear beam, etc... CANT WAIT :dozing:

Although i will have to wait till i get plastic fantastic sorted first lol.

#62 kcchan

kcchan

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 05:17 PM

OOOOHHH OOOHHH ill be buying myself a nice big lump of metal for snot very very soon O_O custom made by someone else, but i just cant be bothered to make on myself, also getting the engine, box, loom, manifolds, linkage, tank, rear beam, etc... CANT WAIT O_O

Although i will have to wait till i get plastic fantastic sorted first lol.

Do tell .....? A custom made lump of metal? subby? Allspeed? Still going K series?

I dont mind too much about the guages but im still unsure what dash to use? Not too fond of normal mini ones or the fg ones like the one your running. I just dont know!!!

Anywho, I fitted both hilos today and got my track rod ends in the post.

Will hopefully get some rubber on the wellers soon so that the engine can be kept off the floor for the winter.

#63 kcchan

kcchan

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:55 PM

Afew pics of recentish progress.

Posted Image

Should be enough clearance:
Posted Image
New filter will be on the cards as I bashed this one abit.

Posted Image

A cat has to be like 1/3hp right?
Posted Image

Rough position for brace bars:
Posted Image

Just plonked on to check it mostly fitted lol
Posted Image

Just enough cut away methinks:
Posted Image

Now I still need to modify one of the mounts slightly and work on the alternator and radiator mounts. Also my new mini cvs should get here soon for my fiesta caliper conversion.

Now one of my concerns is engine rocking when its running as its abit tight in some places but hopefully it wont be too bad. Stiffer engine mounts and maybe adding a remote oil filter if necessary should solve it though.

#64 sweetser

sweetser

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,995 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:14 PM

Looks good mate =]

#65 kcchan

kcchan

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:25 PM

Redone the engine mount and basically got the alternator mounted. Needed a longer alternator belt, so I went into Halfords with my old one and rifled through all the ones they had and found one from a Scooby Legacy. Had to raise it aswell to clear my brace bars so s'all good.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Got my brake conversion sorted bar some new pads and hoses which are almost done but the banjo bolts are too long :D
Posted Image

And bought a Wilwood MC and started modding my pedal box to suit. Got half way today but should finish it tomorrow.
Posted Image

#66 Tomf

Tomf

Baby Tom

• Traders
  • 6,440 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:15 PM

No stopping you now mate, should be done in no time, but who will be converted first lol.

Im going to look at a car tomorrow, so might have another dayly drive, so i can take the mini off the road to start the conversion, just got to get a clubby front and i should have the majority of the bits sorted then :P Cant wait :thumbsup: nothin like a 1.6 on 10s haha

#67 kcchan

kcchan

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:29 AM

Except for a 1.3 on 10s.........lol. It seems like the majority is done but theres still loads left to do. A huge list of small things to do and a huge shopping list to suit :thumbsup:

#68 Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,889 posts
  • Local Club: LCMOC

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:41 AM

lookin good fiesta brakes are always good i find

#69 kcchan

kcchan

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:50 PM

Almost finished modding my pedal box and quickly made up a bracket for my remote reservoir.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My high tech CF mould:
Yup wood and foil :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Still needs flatting and cutting.

#70 daveeeeee

daveeeeee

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:50 PM

looking good!

for the record, cats have a lot of power, try getting a cat into a travel box when it knows it's going to the vets!

#71 dougie1142

dougie1142

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts
  • Local Club: I.M.O.G

Posted 21 March 2009 - 09:44 PM

Great looking conversion!

Cant wait to see it done... :)

#72 mini_mad69

mini_mad69

Let future you worry about it

• Traders
  • 5,417 posts
  • Local Club: urrrr no

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:09 AM

looking good!

for the record, cats have a lot of power, try getting a cat into a travel box when it knows it's going to the vets!

This man speaks sence, get scrammed to buggery.

Anyway car is coming along nicely, good preogress and its going to be a great car.

#73 Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,889 posts
  • Local Club: LCMOC

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:22 AM

likin the wooden fibre kit hahah lol gonna be nice u just planning to run the swift without any major mods also how do u get the oil filter off with the engine is situ thats gonna be Tighter than a nun c**T AHAHHA

#74 kcchan

kcchan

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:29 PM

Nah, its just the angle that the pic was taken from. Its got about 15mm clearance all the way round it. Also the engine needs to come out again afew more times so Ill change it while its out.

The idea is to just get it up and running the year before I head off to uni, then Ill plan a bench build and drop that in next summer maybe.

Thanks for the comment guys.

Edited by kcchan, 28 March 2009 - 11:31 PM.

#75 Steve Rowe

Steve Rowe

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 12:08 PM

Just had a reread of your topic and makes interesting reading , now im going to ask a load of daft qustions, when you fiting the swift engine into the frame first time did you level it both ways ? or does it not sit level in the swift in the begining ? have you used the landrover bobbin type engine mounts? im also thinking you cant fit the swift engine inbeween standard mini inner wings? what about lineing up the driveshafts ?hard ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users