919 replies to this topic

#31 Bash Master

Bash Master

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:08 PM

I have used that exact same engine bolt kit bought on ebay and i found a lot of them were the wrong thread type, some were the wrong size and others were missing. Apart from that they are good quality fasteners and not too badly priced either!

#32 Andrew O

Andrew O

Previously known as Andrewo330.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:22 PM

I hope thats not the case for me :/ i will be getting a refund if they don't fit.

#33 Bash Master

Bash Master

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:57 AM

Unfortunately i had already left the seller positive feedback by the time i had realised the mistake when i started building the engine up. As you can guess he didn't want to help me out.

Although saying all this he might have revised the kit and it may well be fine for you. i gave him a list of the nuts and bolt that needed to be changed when i complained, but i didn't hear anything from him after that. i seem to remember it was the clutch housing bolts that were the biggest fault. The gearbox uses UNC threads whilst the block is UNF, i was only supplied with UNF...

Good luck with your build!

#34 Brookesy

Brookesy

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:23 PM

Hey:) own a mini 30 myself j bought a while back. It's nice seeing his they are built from the inside out:) good luck with the build shall be following your progress :)

#35 Andrew O

Andrew O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:17 PM

Thanks for the support. Keep watching this space for regular updates with lots of pictures.

#36 Andrew O

Andrew O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:29 PM

Just a small update today. Now I've gone back to school I've got ALOT less time on my hands and I'm limited to working in the evening and some weekends

Decided i would spray my column cowling so heres the before and afters ( What do you think ? )
Before
Posted Image

After
Posted Image

Engines in the garage waiting to be cleaned up and painted -
Posted Image

Heres the work i have to do on the inner wing ( Should i weld a new part over the top or replace it completely ? )
Posted Image

After getting my gauges from Galeo Gauges i decided i liked them so much i would have my custom ones made up
After 3 weeks mailing back and for here they are -
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Because i do Motocross i decided i wanted to bring an element of that into the car so i put some Motocross logos on the gauges
Not bad for £15 including postage

Please add any tips or onions you may have ( So its not just me talking to myself )
Watch this space for regular updates with LOTS of pics
Thanks Andrew

#37 Andrew O

Andrew O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 03:27 PM

Bump

#38 conlad

conlad

Previously known as ct16mini.

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts
  • Local Club: Hilltop Minis

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:14 PM

How old are ya mate? I'm 16 and cannot wait to get a mini soon to get my hands on it, want to do pretty much what you're doing, just tweaking things and adding extras.. Maybe not something as bad in terms of the bodywork etc though O_O as I aint the mechanic at all ahaa, good luck though, looking tidy!

#39 Andrew O

Andrew O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:24 PM

How old are ya mate? I'm 16 and cannot wait to get a mini soon to get my hands on it, want to do pretty much what you're doing, just tweaking things and adding extras.. Maybe not something as bad in terms of the bodywork etc though O_O as I aint the mechanic at all ahaa, good luck though, looking tidy!

Thanks mate, I'm also 16 and really enjoying the project. You should Deffinatley get one

#40 Andy!

Andy!

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Local Club: N/A

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:36 PM

Hey mate! Wow your mini looks amazing, bargain for 450 quid! You planning to get it done for your 17th birthday like me? How long is that then? also any ideas on prices for insurance? i havnt been to fortman james yet but i got quoted 1500 quid a year on moneysupermarket, even tho it's got modifications, thats alot cheaper then any other car i can buy, also helps it's an automatic to be honest.

#41 analogue_radio

analogue_radio

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:37 PM

Are you impressed with those gauges?

#42 Andrew O

Andrew O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:31 AM

Yeah I was hopping to get it done for my 17th birthday which is in May, And I hanvt really looked into insurance yet. I do like the gauges.....why? Don't you ?

#43 analogue_radio

analogue_radio

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:31 PM

Yeah it wasn't a dig or anything mate, the style is fine etc.. who cut the holes out though? that's what I'm getting at. If you've done it then I could understand but if he's done it then I thought he would've have them laser cut to get the lines sharp.

#44 Andrew O

Andrew O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:21 PM

Yeah it wasn't a dig or anything mate, the style is fine etc.. who cut the holes out though? that's what I'm getting at. If you've done it then I could understand but if he's done it then I thought he would've have them laser cut to get the lines sharp.

You carnt even see the way the holes are cut unless you put them right up to your eyes so I'm happy with them

#45 Andrew O

Andrew O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:55 PM

Well these past fews days i have just been concentrating on the front subby, and I'm very happy with the results.
Ive also taken delivery of a few bits and bobs - ( I got the Steering rack in the MiniSport sale for £55 )
Posted Image

Light coat of primer -
Posted Image

Heres the old cones next to the new ones ( Im glad i purchased new ones now looking at the height difference )
Posted Image

Heres a before and after of my hub . Im really please considering how bad it was
Before -
Posted Image

After -
Posted Image

Bump stop and cones in ( Im still waiting on my Top Arm bearings )
Posted Image

And the finished ( Almost ) product which I'm pretty chuffed with -
Posted Image

I kind of fell like I'm talking to my self here so PLEASE add your comments whether there good or bad.
Watch this space for regular updates
Thanks again .... Andrew

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roundnose

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)