It has been some time since the last update . First I had no time, then I had to fight to regain access to my imgur account.
So, finally I have prepared everything so that the repair boot floor end can get in:
Next I took the bracket from the tank strap from the remains of the boot floor but not before I drilled some holes to help identifying the position on the boot floor:
Then it was time to finally fabricate the repair piece from scratch. Lots of cutting, bending and using a very basic dimple die, made from wood and using a socket, I ended up with this:
That very much looks like I would be able to finally weld in the repair piece to the boot floor .
Another task I have to tackle soon is the repair of the threads in the subframe mounting rear panel. The two alternatives I'm currently think about are to either open the sill from the side or to open it up from the end and get some new nuts welded in 'Trev style' .
Stay tuned for another update ..
Cheers from the Pied Pipers Town