#31 MaximMini

MaximMini

On The Road

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 11:40 AM

Hello Everyone,

It's been over half a year since my last post :ohno:. And a busy time it was ..

We moved. My friend I I have moved to a very nice, very clean new workshop which meant lots of work of course. we started with a blank canvas and went from there, building walls, doing a full electric, installing shelving and finally reinstalling the hoist or lift (depending on where you come from).

And finally, my Mini Cooper have moved in on the hoist again

jyBqTOd.jpg

vpcxZLd.jpg?1

Ru6HI9Y.jpg

In parallel I have continued working on my project engine(s) and gearbox(es) which you may follow on a separate thread.

Cheers from the Pied Pipers Town

Edited by MaximMini, 10 November 2019 - 11:42 AM.

#32 johnR

johnR

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 10:40 PM

I like your little rear wheels - this is what Minis would have looked like if Issigonis had gone ahead with the original plan of 8 inch wheels!

#33 MaximMini

MaximMini

On The Road

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 07:54 AM

Hi John,

This flintstone type rear axle is intended to keep the body shell moveable while I'm far away from refitting the rear subby. We are three mates sharing one hoist until we eventually get hold of a second one.

Cheers,

Christian

#34 MaximMini

MaximMini

On The Road

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 07:18 PM

Hi Everyone,

Having spend some hours in the workshop on Friday, this is what I got done.

Firstly I made good use of the low temperatures when I entered the workshop in the morning and chipped away the sound deadening from the floor pan where I will have to weld patches in.

3rKqksI.jpg
33Qoa0Z.jpg
BOYdcA2.jpg
pnLTmTR.jpg
X6sN25y.jpg

The front floor panels where bend upwards on both sides which I rectified using the big persuader.

Next I focused again on the back of the shell where I will hopefully be able to actually weld in the floor pan section which I have fabricated more than half a year ago :shy: .

To help with access an because I plan to replace the lower section of the rear panel anyway, I took some measurements before I cut away what was not needed any more. While cutting the steel I found that the rear panel had been repaired after a slight damage in the past which meant that I cut away some more material on the left hand side.

UT8VshE.jpg

And began to fit the rear floor section before I had to call it a day.

SiIAmRJ.jpg
VhkTRNC.jpg
86YOjHm.jpg
Yu6MziM.jpg
gNH203F.jpg
yLSgNRB.jpg

My mates comment: "I'm really looking forward to the day when you actually stop chopping body parts away and start adding panels" :ohno:

Cheers from the Pied Pipers Town

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roundnose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Mini Spares