Photo
- - - - -

Mk1 Cooper Build From A Mk4 (Inc Mk1 Doors)

roundnose

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#31 Ytrewq

Ytrewq

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 09:49 PM

Evening everyone

We’ve been working hard on the mini, we managed to get all the metal work need to finish the b pillar done. There was quite a bit of fabrication needed to get it looking like the Mk1 Mini b pillar, I've popped the video of the work we’ve been doing bellow.

Cheers

Video

#32 Ytrewq

Ytrewq

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 06:56 PM

Evening all

Hope you’re all enjoying the beginning of the holidays or looking forward to them.

I have an update on the Mk1 Conversion Build, we’ve been buying new part from m-machine to help move on with it over the holidays.

Here is my new video of the progress so fare.

Cheers
Mark.

#33 Ytrewq

Ytrewq

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 07:58 PM

Evening all

Hope you’re all enjoying the beginning of the holidays or looking forward to them.

I have an update on the Mk1 Conversion Build, we’ve been buying some new part from m-machine, a box full of bits and couple new panels, hopefully it will help us move on with it quite a bit over the holidays.

Here is my new video of the new parts and progress so fare.

Cheers
Mark.

#34 Kylieblosy

Kylieblosy

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Local Club: 132321

Posted 23 December 2019 - 09:21 AM

Is it possible to get a trim set for the dash of a jap spec 97 cooper. The one with the A/C vents. Tried a few places online but no luck so far. First post here so go easy on me

Attached Files

• Attached File  273.gif   3.4K   0 downloads

#35 hardtop

hardtop

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 07:26 PM

top work, can't wait to see the doors finished now :) 

#36 Ytrewq

Ytrewq

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 10:01 PM

Evening all

We’ve had a bit of time to get stuck in over the holidays to get a good chunk done on the Mini, it’s surprising how long everything takes, we spent a lot of time just tidying the area’s we were working on and trimming all the rust patches out, but it’s great seeing the shell turning into solid fresh metal.

Thanks hardtop ;-) we’ll get back onto the doors very soon.

We started on fitting the new panels we picked up from m-machine last week, here is the latest video of our progress

Few more patches needed to finish off the boot floor area and then we’ll move onto the boot hinge panel, the rear corner panels and the Mk1 conversion light panels. Lots more to be getting on with.

Cheers

#37 Ytrewq

Ytrewq

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 10:48 AM

Morning everyone

We’ve been working hard on the mini, we managed to get quite a good but of work done on the back of the mini, we’ve replaced the rotten rear boot lid hinge panel and the corner panels.

To keep the costs down we’ve been using the magnum hinge panel and m-machine corners, quite a bit of work goes into fitting these cheaper panels as I’m sure you’ll know, but it saves quite a good bit of money just under £200, plus as you’ll of noticed we like the challenge haha!

Here’s the next couple of episode.

The next episode will be up soon, I just need to find time to edit the footage.
Cheers

#38 Stealth72

Stealth72

Passed Test

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:08 AM

I’m enjoying the videos, you’ve certainly got a challenge on your hands!!
I will subscribe to your YouTube so that I can follow the build from the start.

#39 Ytrewq

Ytrewq

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 04:17 PM

Hi Sealth72

Thanks for that and cheers for subscribing The videos get better from the first ones as you go through them, it took a bit of time practice and some better equipment to improve, and still plenty of improvements to make too.

There’s quite a bit of fabricating and make of the parts needed to convert to the Mk1 doors but it’s been a lot of fun so fare.

Hope you enjoy the videos.

Cheers

#40 Stealth72

Stealth72

Passed Test

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 06:20 PM

I think at her the B-pillar conversion this morning, that is a very neat modification!!

#41 Ytrewq

Ytrewq

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 01:45 PM

Hi everyone

The Mk1 Mini Conversion is coming along.

Thanks for thats, there was quite a bit of work in changing that B pillar, I’m not quite there with it yet, just need a little bit of work and tidying but that’ll probably come nearer the time of preparing for paint.

Hopefully going to get a start on the Mk1 rear light conversion tomorrow. Finally got round to getting the last video on finishing of the lower light panels, getting all the boot cleaned out with the wire wheel and all painted. It looks great seeing it all cleaned and painted in one colour, albeit in primer.

Cheers
Mark.

#42 Ytrewq

Ytrewq

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 08:46 AM

Morning

New episode of our Mk1 mini Conversion build is up on our YouTube channel, making a bit of progress fitting the mini Mk1 rear light conversion panels. Looking forward to getting a bit more done on it tomorrow.

Cheers
Mark.

#43 70K1100

70K1100

Formally Known as NOT850

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 02:03 PM

I'm enjoying watching your build.   Out of curiosity, how tall are your uprights for your rotisserie? 

#44 Ytrewq

Ytrewq

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 04:28 PM

Hi

Thank you , the rotisserie upright are just over a meter plus there’s the hight of the wheels to add to that. At first I thought we’d made it a little too high but after using it for a while now we’ve found it to be quite a nice working hight. I did a full series on the building of it which is on our YouTube channel.

Here’s the first episode,

Cheers

Edited by Ytrewq, 26 January 2020 - 04:31 PM.

#45 70K1100

70K1100

Formally Known as NOT850

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 06:07 PM

You wouldn't be able to tell me what height the roof is off the ground whilst on the rotisserie? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roundnose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users