577 replies to this topic

#541 AndrewJ530

AndrewJ530

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:54 PM

Heard back from the bike shop today and he's already fixed the bike :woot:. It hadn't stripped the threads in the crank it was just on the bolt. So the guy who owns the shop has cleaned it up and fitted a new bolt. But to top it off he gave the bike a free service aswell which was nice of him :lol:.

So tomorrow morning i'll be back out on the bike. Might ride to my girlfriends house tomorrow to see how it goes :genius:.

Cheers,

Andrew

#542 AndrewJ530

AndrewJ530

• Members
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 06:55 PM

Got the bike back today. I forgot just how much fun and how fast it is :lol: hehe.

I doubt i'll get to go out on it until monday but i'll report back after then. So glad it's done. I can get too uni now >_<.

I think i might have grabbed myself a bargain aswell. My sister's boyfriend is getting a new bike so i think i might buy it off him. He only wants £20 for it. It's a raleigh mountain bike of some sort (worth around £150 i think) so i can use this for uni when it gets to the really bad weather.

Cheers,

Andrew

#543 alicetheauto

alicetheauto

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • Local Club: Rusty Nuts Minis, Leicester

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:37 PM

Raleigh bikes are not of the best quality anymore. They are all made in the far east now so the handbuilt feel of them has gone. any working bike for 20quid is a good deal, but check the bottom bracket bearing for play (a weakness on alot of raleighs).

#544 BoboGib

BoboGib

RoboGimp

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:57 PM

They are all made in the far east now

As are most bikes. The newer ones, such as the Avanti range are getting rave reviews. The quality of Raleigh bikes has improved drastically over the last couple of years.

#545 AndrewJ530

AndrewJ530

• Members
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:07 PM

Raleigh bikes are not of the best quality anymore. They are all made in the far east now so the handbuilt feel of them has gone. any working bike for 20quid is a good deal, but check the bottom bracket bearing for play (a weakness on alot of raleighs).

I had raleigh's when i was in school (10 years ago now) and they were always really good. Nothing went wrong with them at all (bar a couple of buckled wheels which was my fault lol). I'll check that bottom bracket though. Cheers for the tip bud >_<.

They are all made in the far east now

As are most bikes. The newer ones, such as the Avanti range are getting rave reviews. The quality of Raleigh bikes has improved drastically over the last couple of years.

I don't know which range it comes from but i'll get all the info when i get it. Might be over the weekend hopefully. He hasn't done many miles on it. Maybe 200 so it should be as good as new :lol:.

#546 alicetheauto

alicetheauto

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 06:56 PM

I was a bit naught today..... Bought a carbon deep section front wheel...... PRO RC50, tubular rim. Incredibly lightweight, but I realised I could have bought an acceptible quality bike for less...........

#547 AndrewJ530

AndrewJ530

• Members
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 08:02 PM

Just got the bike back from my sister's boyfriend's now. It's really nice. He hasn't done any miles on it whatsoever. This is the link to the 2009 model (the one i've got is a 2008 though):

http://www.tredz.co....l-MTB_24231.htm

I'm not sure on what makes it different (think it has diffferent shifters) but i'll check tomorrow. There was no play in the bottom bracket at all :) which is good (but it's yet to do any decent miles so we'll soon see hehe).

Haven't been able to take any pictures yet because it was dark when i got in and my camera phone is rubbish in the dark. Will get some pictures tomorrow.

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by AndrewJ530, 04 October 2009 - 08:03 PM.

#548 alicetheauto

alicetheauto

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 10:14 PM

The AT20s are good budget bikes. After a few hundred miles, just try to nip up the BB bearing if it needs it, and re-tighten the crank arms. I have sold these for a while and had no problems.

#549 AndrewJ530

AndrewJ530

• Members
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 10:48 PM

The AT20s are good budget bikes. After a few hundred miles, just try to nip up the BB bearing if it needs it, and re-tighten the crank arms. I have sold these for a while and had no problems.

That's great news :(. Cheers for the tip again though :).

I had a quick busrt down the street and to the bus stop and back and it's so strange compared to the racer i have. The riding position is so much comfier but the bike is so much slower hehe. I expected it, but it's just a weird contrast lol.

Cheers,

Andrew

#550 AndrewJ530

AndrewJ530

• Members
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 01:15 PM

Here's the bike:

Posted Image

Just sorted out the brake and suspension travel to how i like it for when riding on the road and it's all ready to go. I probably wont be using it until about november time when the weather starts to draw in but it's nice to have a spare ready just incase :lol:.

Cheers,

Andrew

#551 chadders15

chadders15

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:29 PM

I have new pedals: they are......
Time Xen S pedals and i have also got:....
dhb R1 Road Shoe
very nice

#552 alicetheauto

alicetheauto

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 05:20 PM

Hee hee, my new frame is here. Will post pictures in a bit!

#553 2lrminivan

2lrminivan

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:52 PM

i have got a concorde bike with campagnola gears and brakes just wondered what u lot thought of them and what price you can get for them now. i bought it about 10 years ago second hand.

cheers
Andy

#554 alicetheauto

alicetheauto

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 05:12 PM

My new rig!

Posted Image

#555 AndrewJ530

AndrewJ530

• Members
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:58 PM

Wow that looks really nice. You been out on it much yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users