#556 alicetheauto

alicetheauto

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • Local Club: Rusty Nuts Minis, Leicester

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:14 PM

just realised how bad the picture is.... I cant find the wire for the camera so had to use a cameraphone. I went out on it for the first time yesterday properly, and 20miles later I felt only just warmed up! It was so easy to ride! Lots more to come hopefully before the weather changes!

#557 AndrewJ530

AndrewJ530

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:41 PM

Lots more to come hopefully before the weather changes!

Good man.

#558 alicetheauto

alicetheauto

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:39 AM

Bah, the frame is slightly the wrong shape for me, so I am gonna have to sell it and buy a new bike....
http://www.timetrial...showtopic=38538
If anyone wants a serious competitive bike, I am asking £1750 but negotiable as I need it gone. :kiss: :P :D

#559 alicetheauto

alicetheauto

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:40 PM

Its now on ebay.....
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...Vie...=1&_rdc=1

Not sure why the link is so long.......

#560 alicetheauto

alicetheauto

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:35 AM

Lets drag this thread back to the top! Got some great riding weather now, amongst the rain.
I ended up keeping my bike, so modified it and upgraded it.....
Now a PAIR of carbon wheels! Here she is now....
Posted Image

#561 davidv

davidv

Flowers of JOY.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:56 AM

Yes good time of the year for Bike Chat.Most Bikes have parts from all around the World fitted.I have had a rew over the years.Raleigh have been about years.The best Road Bike i ever had was a Marin 24 gears 28" wheels.Very Fast.These days i find Helfords Carrera very good quality only buy them in there bargain sales.If you look after them you do not Loose much Money on re-sales.Only have the XC Vulcan Disc Spec.spotted it with £100 off in store.Not used it but it looks good and light. :D

#562 AndrewJ530

AndrewJ530

• Members
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:35 PM

Well, i'd love to say i've been doing loads of riding but i haven't. Damaged my knee in february and i haven't had the operation yet so i haven't ridden in 4 months :wacko:. Once i'm back from the operation, hopefully me and a mate will be out on the bikes :).

#563 alicetheauto

alicetheauto

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:32 PM

I know the feeling. Only ridden that bike twice since christmas because I mullered my shoulder in a crash on december 23rd. Physio has done nothing, so painkillers and let it settle. Not working though, so I got a mountain bike to train on.

#564 davidv

davidv

Flowers of JOY.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:41 AM

Get well Soon all ABOVES.Same reason i have noy even had a go on mine but it looks good.Sometimes think i am a crash test dummy or just daft.I wish the bikes were so good when i was 15 i liked to pedal to Straford-upon -avon after Scool every night 44 mile there and back on a tatty 5 peed racer hard up the hills.That was before i started smoking.

#565 AndrewJ530

AndrewJ530

• Members
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:38 PM

Cheers dave.

Had my bike out of the shed today as it was about time the shed got a tidy up. Anyway, lifted the back wheel and turned the chain and quite a lot of the links got caught in the mechanism at the back. The crud and dirt that was left on after i did my leg in, has got in and made some of the links seize >_<. So i think a wash and oil is in order, ha.

#566 davidv

davidv

Flowers of JOY.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:50 PM

Sounds about right above wd40 then some oil.Ajust the Mech. Cable to.

#567 AndrewJ530

AndrewJ530

• Members
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:52 PM

I've got some GT 85 so i'll use that. Not as harsh as wd40 so i tend to use that instead. The whole thing needs a clean really, it's mucky as hell, ha.

Edited by AndrewJ530, 21 June 2010 - 07:52 PM.

#568 alicetheauto

alicetheauto

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:46 PM

After riding it for 5 miles yesterday, my arm is in such a bad way I can barely move it. I am not expecting to be noticably better for a year or more. So I am going to have to sell if and buy something with standard drop bars on it. If anyones interested at £800 with aluminium wheels then ask....

#569 davidv

davidv

Flowers of JOY.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:33 AM

Hope you get a good sale on it.The other above bay link has not worked for me.At least you had a good ride on it.
What Broke on your arm or shoulder.I Know what its like when you can not get on with hobbys let alone all the other things.As a very good road Bike the Marin 28" wheel is worth a go.It shocked me with easy high speed.The Front Susp.
does mot do much the seat has a shock gas post but great on the road.Think i will sell my new Carrera to.I only bought it from Helfords because it caucht my eye in a great sale.
When i was young there was not much aout we made Normal old push bikes into TRACKERS the nickname.With the old Racers we would keep the drop-bars a little loose so you can twist them up and down.I think many Members will have to ask there Dads about that. :(

#570 camp freddy

camp freddy

Definitely Not Camp Or A Freddy

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
  • Local Club: Wreake Mini Wanderers

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:17 PM

Just bought a bike off a lad from work, it's a Merida 880-16 road bike, got a damaged brk/shifter and
just needs a clean

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's about 2 yrs old, may put flat bars on and quick shifters..

Paid £70 for it....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users