#46 THE ANORAK

THE ANORAK

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:18 PM

ahh, good good !

so did this thread make you want a road bike again or have you been throwing the idea about ?

well i used to cycle quite a bit until about ten years ago. so when the kids learnt to ride, and the wife has been going on at me about getting a bit healthier, we decided to get some bikes so we could do family rides. i spent a bit more money on mine with the intention of getting some propper miles in. once out on the road i just knew i would need to get a propper road bike if i was going to get semi serious again.

i had planned to wait till next year but yes, it was this thread that made me go down the local shop and "price things up". once i saw the bike i just had to have it, like a kid in a sweet shop ;D

not the best time of year to start again to be honest, but I'm enjoying it so far :dontgetit:

considering my lack of fitness over the last ten years i dont think i'm doing to bad, it's just that my legs need to catch up with whats in my head :P

Edited by THE ANORAK, 19 October 2008 - 06:20 PM.

#47 joe_m

joe_m

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:21 PM

glad we got you to go down the shop ;D:)

so have you got some nice rides neer you ?

#48 THE ANORAK

THE ANORAK

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:37 PM

its very easy to get out into the country side from where i live, I'm right on the edge of rugby on the Leicester side. it's five miles to stanford hall for example and that whole area is criss-crossed with country lanes. you can set yourself a ride for the day but there's so many options to extend it or cut it short if you get in trouble. the hills are moderate and if you head out towards cold Ashby there are some good long climes and descents. if you want a good long uninterrupted stretch of road, the A5 cuts straight through the middle ;D

Posted Image

#49 joe_m

joe_m

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:40 PM

ooh nice, the TMF's 1st ride may have to be one neer you! ;D

#50 joe_m

joe_m

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:42 PM

we couldnt get this pinned could we?

#51 makka

makka

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:59 AM

My roady is a Giant Peloton Super Light, I am just starting to get back into it again after a few years off, hoping to be racing again by new years, my average rides at the moment are around 60 clicks, averaging around 30 an hour although I managed to sit on 42 for 20km the other day

#52 joe_m

joe_m

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 06:11 PM

Oooh, very good :lol:
so now you are geting back into it how often do you ride?

#53 joe_m

joe_m

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 04:14 PM

been on a brill ride.
only like 20 miles, but 3 of them are uphill, ahh.
what a buz!

#54 THE ANORAK

THE ANORAK

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 05:09 PM

just bought some new tyres for the bike, with red bands around them and so much lighter than the originals.....

who said you cant bling a bike :lol:

oh what a buzz :lol:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by THE ANORAK, 21 October 2008 - 05:15 PM.

#55 mighty mini jack

mighty mini jack

Mighty Before a Pint

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 05:12 PM

Look good Anorak, just changed the tyres on my mtb, so different!
just plonk a piccy up, it has got a road bike behind it :lol:

Edited by mighty mini jack, 21 October 2008 - 05:39 PM.

#56 THE ANORAK

THE ANORAK

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 03:45 PM

done a quick 15 miles today with a fair bit of wind in my face on the return section, not doing too bad its just that my legs cant cope with hills for any length of time.

still, got to push through this stage and get my legs in better condition.

according to my computer i hit 38.8mph today when i was "really" pushing it down a big hill and my average speed is up by 10mph but that's because it was a flatter route :w00t:

the new tyres are not really any different to the old ones to be honest, apart from the bling factor :thumbsup:

#57 makka

makka

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:12 AM

Oooh, very good :D
so now you are geting back into it how often do you ride?

not enough, only once or twice a week, I am about to move house closer to the bush so I should be getting out on the MTB more often so that will be good, I used to do 400 to 500km a week a few years ago

#58 joe_m

joe_m

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 07:52 PM

done a quick 15 miles today with a fair bit of wind in my face on the return section, not doing too bad its just that my legs cant cope with hills for any length of time.

still, got to push through this stage and get my legs in better condition.

according to my computer i hit 38.8mph today when i was "really" pushing it down a big hill and my average speed is up by 10mph but that's because it was a flatter route :thumbsup:

the new tyres are not really any different to the old ones to be honest, apart from the bling factor :lol:

oh, thats good.

yep. when i 1st started i was like uurhg, but all my mates were like, just push on throoo, so i did.
and i love it !

#59 THE ANORAK

THE ANORAK

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:11 PM

another 15 miles today (different route). dull and miserable day, windy, a little bit cold and i wasn't really looking forward to it :(

but...

somehow i managed to get some energy from somewhere and i got the buzz, big time :( legs were spinning well and i coped with the hills a lot better, i didnt quite fly up them but it was much better than before. came back feeling great :- :(

#60 mighty mini jack

mighty mini jack

Mighty Before a Pint

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 04:29 PM

Sounds like a nice ride anorak, i love that feeling!

went for a 10 mile ride last night around grimsby then onto aylsby, all went fine, was quite surprised at the end of it, though my chain would play up again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users