#16 nicksuth

nicksuth

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:58 PM

It's amazing how many people (usually young chavs) don't understand the "Average Speed" camera system. I drive up and down the M1 from J20 to J37 2 or 3 times a week and have to endure 3 x sets of roadworks with ASC's and see so many people flooring it between each of the camera stations then slowing down to 50 then off again thinking they're beating the system - *melon*s :)

Edited by nicksuth, 07 August 2009 - 09:59 PM.

#17 samsfern

samsfern

Likes Rovers, loves Jeremy Kyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts
  • Local Club: medway mini club/medwaymonkeys

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:45 PM

i love going down a road on the way to work, theres a bit where you have to go from a 60 into a 40, and theres a thingy that tells you your speed just as you cross the 40mph line, its great fun watching your speed drop during heavy breaking!! :)
agree though that they do tempt people to speed, as said previously.

#18 Juju

Juju

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,620 posts
  • Local Club: Antisocial club (members = 1)

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:37 AM

Commiserations .... and congratulations. Don't you feel just a teensy bit pleased with Matilda?

What?! For getting caught doing 50mph? No, nothing to be proud of, she can do 50 in her sleep.....and so can I.....err.... >_<

Nothing in the post this am, so I didn't get caught on wednesday....... :thumbsup:

#19 PaulF

PaulF

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Local Club: HAMOC

Posted 08 August 2009 - 04:16 PM

this site may help you get out of trouble

http://www.pepipoo.com/

#20 tim mayfair

tim mayfair

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:30 PM

hey try driving back up there (at the speed limit)
see if there is a camera there if so buy a push bike if not then you no it was a mobile camera van :dontgetit:

#21 Juju

Juju

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:35 AM

Had a look on the way into work this morning.
The cheeky mo-fos have turned the second camera on the Northbound carriageway around to face the Southbound carriageway. :D
There are no road markings on the Southbound section.
Oddly enough, there was NOBODY speeding on the A217 this morning.
I think they may have caught LOADS of people, and I mean looooooooooooooooooads.

Erm pushbike.....weeeeell, I went out on my old training route on the trails this weekend, and I've b*ggered my SIDs. Oil escaping everywhere. ;)

I've got another bike, but I ain't taking a singlespeed cruiser up Boxhill every morning to get to work. It will be pubic transport for me if I've lost my licence. :D :( :)

#22 Angelic_Fruitcake

Angelic_Fruitcake

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:40 AM

Thats cheeky :D though don't there have to be markings on the road...? ;) if there aren't any, I'd definitely investigate whether that means they're allowed to snap you

#23 Juju

Juju

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:34 AM

Mmmmm.....don't they use the road markings to measure your speed? :D

#24 Angelic_Fruitcake

Angelic_Fruitcake

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:38 AM

I think so, it's the distance part of distance x time as far as I know.

But I'm sure if the markings aren't there the ticket isn't enforcable. I may be wrong, but I'm sure I was told that :D

#25 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,420 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:10 AM

Didn't you say they stated your speed? They use the markings to show your speed on the photographs so they can be used as evidence. I'd ask them for the photographs & have a Google, there's bound to be loads of info about admissible evidence, signage loopholes etc.

#26 THE STIG

THE STIG

Da stig says, GO GO GO

• Members
  • 2,506 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 09:14 AM

request the evidance its your legal right you would be surprised how many tickets are wrong

as once you sign that form its to later you have plead guilty to some thing you may not have done or they can prove

know of a case where they said a biker was doing 48mph in a 30 he knew he was not asked for the evidance and low and behold when counting how many lines he crossed between the first and the second photo he was doing 28mph

there explaination was the camera had picked up the bus coming the other way ,when asked why was not checked said they did not have the time to check every one sent out

so much for inocent till proven guilty !!!!

and they have to send you the nips notifiaction within 2 weeks of the offence other wise its not valid and they cant do you for it

safty camers my arse , the signs that show your speed will slow most people down camers dont slow you done till after is made some money

speed signs cost 5 grand camers 25 grand each so thay could have 5 times as many speed signs surly that would save more lives and crashes

Edited by THE STIG, 10 August 2009 - 09:15 AM.

#27 Juju

Juju

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:13 AM

Yeah, they stated my speed.

I've signed & posted my NIP form now. :D

This is where we were clocked:

Pretend the convertible is Matilda...

I can ask for photographic evidence only when challenging the charge if it gets to court, apparently.

#28 THE STIG

THE STIG

Da stig says, GO GO GO

• Members
  • 2,506 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:47 AM

dont know about that i sent my nips back asking for evidence and got the pics back

there was a on going case in the lord courts becuse by signing the nips your pleadying guilty to a offence and you have not been read your rights or provided with the evidence to mount a defence

comes under the under the police pace act

bacicly your incriminating yourself, when they have to prove your guilt ,dont not if there has been a out come

#29 Juju

Juju

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,620 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:55 AM

dont know about that i sent my nips back asking for evidence and got the pics back

there was a on going case in the lord courts becuse by signing the nips your pleadying guilty to a offence and you have not been read your rights or provided with the evidence to mount a defence

comes under the under the police pace act

bacicly your incriminating yourself, when they have to prove your guilt ,dont not if there has been a out come

Ah well. Points & a fine for Juju then. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :( *Swear words*.

#30 scrumpymini

scrumpymini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Local Club: NSMOC

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:19 PM

That camera was put up not long after a motorcyclist was decapitated after a car pulled across him, also just up the road is the famous dogging place for men who bat for the other side, I only know as mate mate owns a house just up the road from the speed camera.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users