142 replies to this topic

#1 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:07 PM

i posted a comment on these peoples wall as they had remarks about slashing bmw minis tyres etc

just got a comment back saying

''this is a group dedicated to the great british mini we want to spit on the bmw version''

i still cant believe theres people out there like that. if anyone points out the thread for the bmw mini that was smashed up by classic owners im happy to merge them to save space, this one can be closed then

#2 Sir Cheat

Sir Cheat

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:12 PM

Wow, alot of crazy people out there. I really cant stand the BINI but no need for stuff like that!

#3 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:14 PM

i know its really pathetic, im not a huge fan of the bmw version, but i wouldnt go further out of my way than a friendly joke

#4 rosco454

rosco454

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:24 PM

I dont like them but no need to be a total bell end about it.

#5 analogue_radio

analogue_radio

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:27 PM

Same, can't stand the awful things but I'd never ever damage one or it's owner!

#6 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:28 PM

Same, can't stand the awful things but I'd never ever damage one or it's owner!

depends what the owner is like :o

lol just kidding >_<

#7 Charliezminiz

Charliezminiz

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:34 PM

how pathetic is that starting a group on facebook, i dont like the bini at all either but i no 1 or 2 people with one and we take the *yellow human water* a bit and have some playful banter but slashing tyres and spitting on them is just bang out of order.

#8 minialf

minialf

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:36 PM

to be honest ive always wanted an old mini more than a new mini without a shadow of a doubt but... i used to take the pi*s out of the r50, 52, and 54 but now i love them, you have to really appreciate how well bmw have brought these cars back, and it has publisized classic minis too... personally i love them both especailly the r56 if you have a quick look on youtube someone has even chopped a gp into a pickup, maybe people wont like this but i think its brillient...

#9 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:38 PM

i know its really pathetic, im not a huge fan of the bmw version, but i wouldnt go further out of my way than a friendly joke

i think thats sums up what most people think, i dont like it but to go that far is just wrong, i dislike any kind of vandalism and to know theres some which share our mini passion is disheartening, some people dont deserve it.

i wouldnt even damage a chavved up POS car outside mcdonals

#10 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:49 PM

Obviously the chav part of the Mini scene. Just an excuse to act like a Yobbo ...

#11 less is more

less is more

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Local Club: NONE

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:53 PM

Nice to see some grown up comments on here, so glad I don't have facebook, for sure BMW cocked up in the past, but for people to take it that personal is too much, at the end of the day it's a car that we are passionate about, the same as you are about the classic, and I love the classic as I have both.

ps minialf surely you mean R53 not R54 that one doesn't exist

Andy

#12 minialf

minialf

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:57 PM

Nice to see some grown up comments on here, so glad I don't have facebook, for sure BMW cocked up in the past, but for people to take it that personal is too much, at the end of the day it's a car that we are passionate about, the same as you are about the classic, and I love the classic as I have both.

Andy

haha sorry i did mean r53 lol not r54 did u see that pickup, i personally think bmw have done well but thats just my opinion, some of the mini we get in are outstanding lol

#13 less is more

less is more

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Local Club: NONE

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:02 PM

Andy

haha sorry i did mean r53 lol not r54 did u see that pickup, i personally think bmw have done well but thats just my opinion, some of the mini we get in are outstanding lol

Yeh for sure saw it in person at Bingley, nice piece of engineering

Andy

#14 The_Mistro

The_Mistro

Farmer Barley Mow

• Members
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:05 PM

i think thats sums up what most people think, i dont like it but to go that far is just wrong, i dislike any kind of vandalism and to know theres some which share our mini passion is disheartening, some people dont deserve it.

i wouldnt even damage a chavved up POS car outside mcdonals

completly agree, what annoys me is when people dont know the history of the mini and the sarga that went on between Rover and BMW, which imo is where you will find most real mini fans problems with the BINI! these guys are obviously just doing it to cause hastle!

#15 Foxy Mini

Foxy Mini

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts
  • Local Club: East Coast Mini Club

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:19 PM

Absolutely disgusting behaviour!
Regardless of your feeling about the car, this is pure bloody minded vadalism against innocent people. Ridiculous.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users