79 replies to this topic

#46 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

Has Ratchet, Will Make Noises

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:11 PM

Please guys, learn from my experience and just never buy wheels from Huddersfield.

It's excuse after excuse.

I've been told the wheels are all there and I have been ringing every damn day this week. Today I was told the damage I mentioned was there but also some scratches. I asked where these scratches are and was told them they are on the inner rim. Funny because the first picture on this thread shows that and I said sent pictures.

Apparently nothing can be done till the "manager" is in on Monday.

So just do not buy wheels from them because they obviously cannot fit centre caps without scratching all the bloody paint around it and also scratching the rim around it when putting the tyres on.

Bunch of idiots.

#47 Charliezminiz

Charliezminiz

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:35 PM

mate i feel sorry for you all that money and your back to square one with no money!! just keep chasing them up. sounds like they have some sort of amateurs working there to put the caps in etc. i have put plenty of centre caps in wheels and not scratched 1!!lol

#48 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Local Club: Nottsaboutminis

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:46 PM

They didnt damage my Matt black wheels but i have :xxx:

There service does stink on this one and a physical kick up the backside is on the way at Malvern. :o

#49 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:29 PM

Right enough is enough now

I phoned in and now it is a "chunk" missing from the rim of the wheel and they're telling me to claim from the courier, funny because last time it was a scratch on the wheel so they're lying.

Are they wind up merchants?

They said they'll send me pictures of it but I know they won't come

Edited by GreaseMonkey, 29 March 2010 - 01:29 PM.

#50 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:50 PM

Well this is at least 3 customers they will never get after reading this. My partner and I are both looking to get new wheels sometime in the near future and my mate is looking now and he isnt going to use them either.

Thats awful.

#51 phelan89

phelan89

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:03 PM

i'm really disapointed to hear this. i baught a set of wheels from them and i live on the isle of wight. They came quick as a flash and they were immaculate. So why should the service to you be any different? ive always highly rated huddersfield spares and use them quite reguarly (although the p&p is a bit high) to hear what they have done to you is harsh, and try to fob it off as the courior services fault is a load of bull honkey. if your not pleased with the condition of the wheels then its your right at the end of the day to get your money back. i hope you get it sorted and get a refund grease monkey. :)

#52 -scott-

-scott-

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:09 PM

I bought some G-max shocks from them and they had loads of scratch's and chips in the paint. I know they would be just covered in mud and get chips in them anyway so i just put them on the car. But to be honest if it wasnt so much hastle and i didnt need them stright away i would have said something.

#53 tomdale86

tomdale86

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Local Club: k

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:00 PM

as im legally qualified, i thought i'd help you out with some law here (i know they can be *bottoms* over there)

Sale of Goods Act is point of reference;
(2) Where the seller sells goods in the course of a business, there is an implied term that the goods supplied under the contract are of satisfactory quality.
(2A) For the purposes of this Act, goods are of satisfactory quality if they meet the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory, taking account of any description of the goods, the price (if relevant) and all the other relevant circumstances.
(2B) For the purposes of this Act, the quality of goods includes their state and condition and the following (among others) are in appropriate cases aspects of the quality of goods—
(a) fitness for all the purposes for which goods of the kind in question are commonly supplied,
(b) appearance and finish,
© freedom from minor defects,
(d) safety, and
(e) durability.

So, as we all can plainly see, the goods delivered to you were not of satisfactory quality due the presence of defects in appearance and finish and other minor defects. (guys also note durability for how their wheels degrade quickly).

Those two terms above are implied into EVERY contract with a consumer.

Secondly, here is the law you need to deal with their claims regarding delivery;
(2) Unless otherwise authorised by the buyer, the seller must make such contract with the carrier on behalf of the buyer as may be reasonable having regard to the nature of the goods and the other circumstances of the case; and if the seller omits to do so, and the goods are lost or damaged in course of transit, the buyer may decline to treat the delivery to the carrier as a delivery to himself or may hold the seller responsible in damages.

So, it is IRRELEVANT if the courier damaged the wheels (which seems unlikely anyway). You can can claim replacement wheels (or a refund) as the seller owes you a duty. They can seek the money back from the courier separately, but that is a totally separate matter.

In summary, they are trying it on. A lot of businesses do, a lot of the time it works. Ask for a refund (or replacements as you wish). If they try this poo about the courier, its not for you to get a refund from them. The seller owes you the refund/replacement NOW! (this is the same as if you buy a tv from curry's, if the tv is buggered currys dont turn round and say take it up with samsung, they refund you and get samsung to give them the price of the tv back!!)

Hope that helps.

Tom

#54 phelan89

phelan89

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:08 PM

yeah, how could have the courier damaged the middle anyway, they come cabled up in twos dont they? and the top of mine were covered by cardboard.

#55 cooperdan

cooperdan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 3,729 posts
  • Local Club: N/A

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:15 PM

yeah, how could have the courier damaged the middle anyway, they come cabled up in twos dont they? and the top of mine were covered by cardboard.

same here

#56 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:56 PM

I sent them back in singles as I had undone the straps and checked the wheels over

but they were packed properly with the card protecting the face of the rim

they sent me the picture and it looks like a nasty chip on the rim, not something a courier would do, will post s picture of it later

As tomdale kindly said the courier damaging them is not really my prob and they should sort it out themselves

I phoned my credit card company asking for a charge back and they're sending me the form for it

funy thing is this chip/knock in the rim the courier supposedly has done wasn't described to me on Friday, I was told it was a scratch!!!

Edited by GreaseMonkey, 29 March 2010 - 06:57 PM.

#57 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:24 PM

The chip blamed on the courier

Posted Image

Edited by GreaseMonkey, 29 March 2010 - 08:25 PM.

#58 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:26 PM

Any advice on what I should do now?

Just go ahead with a charge back with credit card company or ring them back? But say what?

Edit- What is the yellow in the chip? Is that something with takes time to form on a chipped alloy? It's been with them for a few days

That is, if it is my wheel!!

Edited by GreaseMonkey, 29 March 2010 - 08:27 PM.

#59 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:32 PM

The chip blamed on the courier

Posted Image

Looks like a badly operated tyre fitting tool did that one!!

#60 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:32 PM

a bit of paint from what the hit the wheel with ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users