#61 blackbelt1990

blackbelt1990

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • Local Club: Minimus Maximus

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:33 PM

The yellow could be paint off something it's been hit with?

#62 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:39 PM

is there an echo in here ?

#63 Charliezminiz

Charliezminiz

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:47 PM

is there an echo in here ?

lol i think so bungle :lol: either that or its one of them days lol
on a serious note they are just fobbing you off dont give up and keep onto them. next time you ring up tell them your take them to a small claims court or something as your within your rights to and it will go in your favour as you have logged all your calls and email to them here.
hope they get the arses into gear let us no how you get on matey.

#64 Big Sam

Big Sam

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:55 PM

It's not your obligation to get a refund off the courier, you entered in contract with Huddersfield Spares then they entered into the contract with the courier. If they believe the courier is at fault they should give you the refund then charge the courier for the cost of the wheels.

#65 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

Has Ratchet, Will Make Noises

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:57 PM

Ah I forgot to mention that I had to send them back myself, so I arranged the courier etc

I just do not believe that the courier damaged the wheel like that

Can I still say it is not my problem and they have to sort it out themselves?

Edited by GreaseMonkey, 29 March 2010 - 08:57 PM.

#66 sazal

sazal

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,512 posts
  • Local Club: DCMOC

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:58 PM

Im really gutted for you monkey, especially after I reccomended them to you :lol: Sorry monkey :thumbsup:

#67 Big Sam

Big Sam

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:59 PM

If something is being returned for a refund they have to provide the courier don't they?

I can't possibly see how a courier could cause that damage to that wheel in any manner that doesn't involve taking it out of the packaging. I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't your wheel.

Have you forwarded them the link to this thread?

#68 Charliezminiz

Charliezminiz

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:07 PM

If something is being returned for a refund they have to provide the courier don't they?

I can't possibly see how a courier could cause that damage to that wheel in any manner that doesn't involve taking it out of the packaging. I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't your wheel.

Have you forwarded them the link to this thread?

yeah brill idea forward them the link to this thread you dont have to be a member to read threads (although they probs are)

#69 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:11 PM

It's no problem Sazal, I knew they could give me problems and I guess I was just unlucky.

Yes they are supposed to arrange collection but it was a Sunday I decided to just send it all back in and was only available to stay in for courier on Monday which is why I booked it myself thinking it would be sorted quick/

I think I'll ring them and give them one last chance tommorow?

Argh!!

#70 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:19 PM

Did you have to pay for the courier or did they reinburse you for that already? Are they going to or will you surely be out of pocket after paying to send them back?

#71 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:22 PM

I haven't mentioned the cost of the courier to them yet, was about £30ish if I remember correctly.

Edited by GreaseMonkey, 29 March 2010 - 09:22 PM.

#72 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:55 AM

I phoned in this morning and they are refunding me for 3 of the 4 wheels. I've been left to claim for the damaged wheel from the courier.

Fair? I think it's the best I'll get.

#73 Charliezminiz

Charliezminiz

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:01 AM

i think as you booked the courier back to them thats as fair as your going to get to be honest mate. its probs not what you would have wanted but now its down to you to get the last wheel back off them as its still your wheel and go and show the courier if there near you if not look at it yourself.

when you next speak to them tell them to send the 4th 'damaged' wheel to your address.

glad your getting somewhere mate.
hows the rest of the mini coming along?

#74 silva_mini

silva_mini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:38 AM

How many more threads do there have to be about this company?!

The cowboy attitude to customer service at Huddersfield I thought was common knowledge in the mini community??

Yes, you should be able to order some wheels without seeing them and get good quality as you've paid for them, but please, people, either go down and buy them in person, or ring them a couple of days before a show in your area and ask them to stick them in their van for said show with a peice of paper with your name on them. If you like what you see, pay for them, if you dont, walk away. But the main thing is, dont buy them blind, getting a return is like dealing with Del and Rodney!!!

I know its not realistic for everyone to search the forum with regards to companies, but is anyone else tired of hearing the same old Huddersfield tale??? Of course it cant be stickied at the top of the forum, because "TMF has to be impartial" or whatever, but how many more messed around people on here are there going to be??

Recommendations are needed BEFORE someone places an order, not after. It's not TMF's duty to do this I know, but considering this keeps happening, help is the way forward, right?? Feedback links, good or bad, for EVERY mini supplier that are made on this forum could be put in one thread and stickied at the top of Mini Chat, the thread could be called "Mini Parts Suppliers Reccomendations" and everyone could use that to gauge different members experiences before using whichever company. Does something like this exist on the forum elsewhere? If it does it needs to be at the top of Mini Chat.

Good idea or not??

Edited by silva_mini, 30 March 2010 - 09:39 AM.

#75 sazal

sazal

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,512 posts
  • Local Club: DCMOC

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:48 AM

But I think people have had a problem with all the companies, but you need to get the bits from somewhere?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users