John

#17 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:38 PM

I am interested to see how MED handle this.

If I was in the market for an engine, this would put me off. But the thing is I have heard so many good things about MED, and this is the first Bad thing.

The thing is, Bad reviews are remembered and have more impact than good ones. I have heard loads of good things about MED, but all thats in my mind at the moment is your bad experiance!

#18 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Local Club: Nottsaboutminis

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:40 PM

I wanted my cam bearings doing and head skimming. They told me that it would take about 6 weeks and thats only if they got enough of the same type of work in to warrant getting the equipment running. They also quoted £60 for the cam bearing work and £80 for a skim :o

I very politely said that as this was the case i'd go elsewhere because i was in a hurry. He said that i might aswell because that type of work doesnt cover the bills and not worth their while. WT :xxx: ?, dont companys need 'bread and butter' jobs to survive.

I popped to morspeed on the way back, and got it done while i waited for hell of a lot cheaper. Oh and before anyone jokes about it being done right, It Was!

#19 analogue_radio

analogue_radio

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:41 PM

The internet is a vicious weapon isn't it, I think a lot of companies forget this. Have a bad experience with a company and the first thing you are gonna do it spread the word so other people don't fall into the same problem.

I have never used them, and never will.

There must be someone who works for MED on here?

#20 blackbelt1990

blackbelt1990

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,605 posts
  • Local Club: Minimus Maximus

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:48 PM

There must be someone who works for MED on here?

I was thinking that... couldn't decide on the long drive home tho! lol

I know they wont go out of business just because of this... but the guy I spoke to won't have had a clue how much I was planning to spend in total, nothing now!

#21 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:26 PM

Looks like you've managed to have a bad experience there...

Were you taking parts to exchange or parts to have work done too ?

I can't defend what has happened, but MED are one of the best in the business and their time is under great demand, and I suspect they are really up against it at the moment with the Mini Se7en and Miglia season nearly upon us ( think the first race is in a couple of weeks at Rockingham ), and you've just managed to catch them on the wrong day at the wrong time.

#22 MRA

MRA

Previously known as 'mra-minis.co.uk'.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,607 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:29 PM

PM sent :o

#23 blackbelt1990

blackbelt1990

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:35 PM

I can't defend what has happened, but MED are one of the best in the business and their time is under great demand, and I suspect they are really up against it at the moment with the Mini Se7en and Miglia season nearly upon us ( think the first race is in a couple of weeks at Rockingham ), and you've just managed to catch them on the wrong day at the wrong time.

I was taking parts to have work done. I can understand people can be busy but I'd specifically been told I could go down on the Friday and someone would be happy to talk.

Going to read it in a sec, thanks :o

#24 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:35 PM

That might be the case, but it sounded like it wasnt a one off. happened on phone and in person? Is that right?

#25 blackbelt1990

blackbelt1990

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:41 PM

That might be the case, but it sounded like it wasnt a one off. happened on phone and in person? Is that right?

Yeah, on Monday I got spoke to abruptly by who I believe was the same person, but on Thursday I had a plesant conversation with a younger sounding bloke.

#26 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:36 PM

heard nothing but good usualy, if it wasnt for me using southam mini metro centre id probably go MED still anyways

#27 aidenrr

aidenrr

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 09:18 AM

i bought a few things of med that was good
grumpy old people are the sort of people that drag companys down there ready for retirement and really can not be assed with life (not speaking about all old people)

#28 1380rich

1380rich

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • Local Club: nope

Posted 27 March 2010 - 09:27 AM

i've never had a problem with med, always helpfull and i dont spend mega money with them. same as dave really , if i didn't use smmc then med would be next on my list in terms of engine builder

#29 blackbelt1990

blackbelt1990

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 04:01 PM

Havn't had an email or phone call today... i didn't write a stupid message either, knew I wouldn't though...

#30 Sleepy Stu

Sleepy Stu

formerly Stewart_GT

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 04:37 PM

Hmmm worrying. As everyone else has said I thought MED was one of the good ones. Making me think now as in the next few months I was looking at spending just under £2000 with them. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users