#46 blackbelt1990

blackbelt1990

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • Local Club: Minimus Maximus

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:29 PM

These are the two I've had, to which I have replied to...

Dear Sir

Very sorry you were received this way I will have a talk with the person that spoke with you. I was the person you originally spoke to but unfortunately I was away for the day when you arrived

and

Dear Sir

I have now spoken to the person concerned and must apologise for his behaviour, he was under massive pressure at the time to parcel many export orders that had to be shipped on the Friday.

He informed me that you stated the pistons were 7cc dish but the pistons you produced were “DEFINATELY NOT 7cc” and he did not have the time to start to check your pistons and “cc check your cylinder head” for you

He did say that you never even brought the head into the reception but went out to your car and then just popped your head around the door and said you were going to leave it

#47 mini-geek

mini-geek

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:33 PM

is that a fair reply? is it the truth?

#48 blackbelt1990

blackbelt1990

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:29 PM

I don't think it's a fair reply no, what is written is the truth yes, but not the whole truth, such as;

"He did say that you never even brought the head into the reception but went out to your car and then just popped your head around the door and said you were going to leave it"

What was actually said was;

"have you got your head? Go bring it in then, that'll be a laugh"

Ryan...

#49 bigand

bigand

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:32 PM

1st of all M.E.D dont do ALL there own machine work they sub it out thats why there so expensive there not the best never have been the best engine builders.i have had engines built by them and they are good but no better than any number of engine builders charging a lot less. steve who owns m.e.d as no real interest in motorsport. most of the development work is done by M.B.E race engines in lincoln who are up there with the best builders of A series race engines in the country and mike who owns it is a real enthusiast and chargers a lot less than all the well know so called experts .to be honest guys for general machine work local machine shops are as good as any were

Edited by bigand, 26 May 2010 - 07:06 AM.

#50 mini-geek

mini-geek

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:35 PM

Oh my god are you on commission to MBE?

or a bit bitter about MED????

#51 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:44 PM

M.B.E race engines in lincoln who are the best builders of A series race engines in the country

thats probably the biggest boast iv ever heard on this forum and because of which, your now going to supply the evidence to back this up... perhaps??

ill keep on at SMMC :) who also are the best :D but then again so are alot of people down to the owners preference/experience

#52 bigand

bigand

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:56 PM

ive been around a bit and have raced minis/metro/midget and have had most of the engine builders at some point build me a engine and MBE are the only ones to guarantee there s which says alot

#53 blackbelt1990

blackbelt1990

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:59 PM

Mines gone to MRA now instead... I'll report on their progess though :D lol

#54 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:04 PM

ive been around a bit and have raced minis/metro/midget and have had most of the engine builders at some point build me a engine and MBE are the only ones to guarantee there s which says alot

im pretty sure SMMC garantee theirs, well, it has been for me before and a bunch of other people i know, by all means your allowed your own oppinion but its a mighty bold statement to make..but hey, as i say, your allowed your oppinion but its a tad strange to come and dig up a post from a couple of months back to brag about the apparent best engine builder without being questioned

#55 bigand

bigand

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:12 PM

its not a boast its my personal opinion having used in the past

morespeed
green&white
racespec
peter may
swift tune parts only
med
minispeed
jonspeed

none of them were bad but none gave the service mbe gave like i said my personal opinion

#56 mini-geek

mini-geek

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:14 PM

so why make your first post slagging off a builder? you have to admit it seems a bit odd.

#57 fastcarl

fastcarl

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:43 PM

so why make your first post slagging off a builder? you have to admit it seems a bit odd.

i don't think Andy was slagging off MED, he did not make a derogatory remark as such about them, he just said what those with there ear to the ground already know,

carl

#58 bigand

bigand

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:51 PM

cheers carl i wasnt slagging anybody just giving a informed opinion

andy wilson owner of the fastest race mini in the world

Attached Files

#59 Rich.

Rich.

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:45 PM

I think im in love!

#60 puresmartie

puresmartie

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:03 PM

i had some stuff from med a few weeks back, i had problems with my card and wanted the stuff before the weekend, couldnt go up in the day due to work. so i met steve after work to pick up the stuff after paying a bit by someone elses card and some cash on collection. brill service for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users