Robyn

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Local Club: Friends with minibits

Posted 29 March 2018 - 04:41 PM

Hi!

Thanks!! Was really nervous doing it on my own mini! Sadly it’s not my full time job. I do it weekend and evening and sometimes at car shows! Never done a mini until now!

#7277 paul50

paul50

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 05:25 PM

I fitted my Calver st cylinderhead. Now my clutch is stuck. Think presure plate has stuck to flywheel

#7278 Richie83

Richie83

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 06:48 PM

Painted the inside floor pan with raptor.

#7279 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,491 posts
  • Name: Jamie

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:44 PM

Fitted a bigger exhaust to it. Love the look and sound of it, but want to tweak it a bit as it could do with being tucked in a little more

#7280 Zach P-D

Zach P-D

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:32 AM

not a lot.. usual

#7281 paul50

paul50

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 02:36 PM

Found out why my clutch is not working. Air in system.shame it won’t go. Time for master cylinder or slave cylinder . Fix water leak. And put seatbelts back in. Mot tomorrow if clutch works enough to get there

#7282 drooper

drooper

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 02:46 PM

stripped more off the engine before i take it out of the subframe , slave clevis pin seized so cut the bugger in half ,

BHAOMxV.jpg

then done cold compression test

Jw09fwO.jpg

no1

QaWL8p9.jpg

no2

dt465mD.jpg

no3

Dm4P5sQ.jpg

no4

no2 a bit lower but not too bad all round , approx 60000 mile engine based on last mot milage

#7283 paul50

paul50

Stage One Kit Fitted

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 31 March 2018 - 07:28 PM

Got a mot. Straight threw. How to sort the clutch

#7284 DeanP

DeanP

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:34 PM

Made the most of the dry weather and spent most of the day cleaning and painting the front upper arms and hubs before re-fitting etc.

Quite therapeutic actually disappearing into your own world working on the little motor.

#7285 Aaron3

Aaron3

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Local Club: Sunmc

Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:43 AM

https://flic.kr/p/dX8Ae4
Took it apart and rebuilt it in a different colour

#7286 panky

panky

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:52 AM

Impressive :-)

#7287 Norfolk Boy

Norfolk Boy

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Local Club: Norfolk Mini Owners Club

Posted 03 April 2018 - 05:35 PM

Managed to change my two clock cluster to three, put in my original speedo to keep mileage/calibration correct, also changed temp/fuel gauge all by myself!! Big thanks to 'Kam' for his very helpful post back in 2010, also thanks to 'duffman1993' for the bulbs nice and bright now! Happy days.

#7288 Bungleaio

Bungleaio

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Local Club: Not in one.

Posted 03 April 2018 - 07:37 PM

Mopped all the fuel that leaked out of the hose that I split yesterday.  :shy:

#7289 CarsOrBikes

CarsOrBikes

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 08:49 PM

Three and a half years since I last started my Cooper 35th Anniversary I think, well that's when I last Mot'd it. I bought an unfinished race/track R53 in January and this lost it's garage for a while. Looking at it daily makes me wish I was using it a bit, so I applied for a late entry to the London To Brighton run and was accepted. Now I have a reason to do some bits. I wouldn't do it for any other reason, it would go back to a friends farm. I've done several L2B's many years ago, and I think the little car wants me to take it again ;O) 

So today was about getting it started, yippee! I had tried briefly a couple of weeks ago and had it running on brake cleaner confirming no fuel which is ok. It made me work for it this time, which was (aside from an immobiliser fault in around 1999) the only time in twenty two years it hasn't started. I don't blame it as this time I left it too long. 

The fuel stinks it's so stale, the float bowls have varnish that scrapes off, the needles were green, the fuel pump although I got it going, I think the impact shocks I had to give it while removed were just too much and the impeller just wasn't right afterwards, so that is renewed, and the fuel filter was renewed for the first time since 1995, and that was the first time it had been changed which was just before I went to Germany in it. 

So a time consuming event. The car runs on it's own, really very well considering it has a mechanical partial misfire. I did this for a systems test really before I transfer the complete engine and gearbox for another with 29k I just bought. I think that is a better short term plan so I can focus on the L2B in time, and take my time to do the work on the other motor which had a hard time at the ring in 2005. The little car hasn't been used other than Mot's since then, and a photo opportunity in 2009 sometime. The engine needs a new cam which I have but there's some engineering work required which I'll review when fully stripped. I have to decide if to restore the spi systems or transfer carb's as fitted now, which means I have to swap heads around, but I'm still inclined to do that I think. It'll allow me to test something I wanted to before.

Now I have new cones which arrived today, and discovered the wheel cylinder on the n/s has gone so will do cylinders and shoes, plus the pad remains fell out when I pushed the car out of the garage, which considering they were the ones from the ring I'm not surprised at all. 

The car is looking pretty good for just re-commissioning work like this, and should be ok, so I thought for now I'd stick todays work in here haha. Quite a lot to do though.

#7290 Steve220

Steve220

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,897 posts
  • Local Club: BMC

Posted 04 April 2018 - 11:57 AM

Continued to collect parts waiting for catch up after the easter hols! Been slowed down as a company i decided to get my imperial fasteners sent all my UNF purchases as UNC and now they're not responding :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users