#8611 MiniCarJack

MiniCarJack

Formally known as W1NG3D

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Local Club: Midweek Minis

Posted 30 December 2020 - 04:35 PM

Picked it up from the docks in Southampton after its long journey over from NZ, and drove it home  :proud:

8NT6lvP.png

#8612 Chris1275gt

Chris1275gt

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 31 December 2020 - 12:23 PM

After 3 years finally managed to re-install the door quarter windows in my 75 W&P 1275gt after my young assistant, despite the don't throw anything away except the old carpet, managed to throw the frames in a skip. Managed to fabricate some alternative frames and I'm quite pleased with them. Just need a new rear bumper when Minispares get them back in stock and all finished, bearing in mind it's a mini so it's all finished for now!

Attached Files

#8613 GT Jimmy

GT Jimmy

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 31 December 2020 - 12:48 PM

After 3 years finally managed to re-install the door quarter windows in my 75 W&P 1275gt after my young assistant, despite the don't throw anything away except the old carpet, managed to throw the frames in a skip. Managed to fabricate some alternative frames and I'm quite pleased with them. Just need a new rear bumper when Minispares get them back in stock and all finished, bearing in mind it's a mini so it's all finished for now!

Looks well smart, any photos of the interior?

#8614 GT Jimmy

GT Jimmy

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 31 December 2020 - 01:26 PM

Wasted an afternoon trial fitting my passenger side alfa seat to the runners I'd knocked up, seats sit too high, I'm now ditching the frames I spent a day welding up and have revised my plans

uWR3IWy.jpg

yelRb7G.jpg

I'm having to isolate for 10 days so  I'll try to have them fitted before I'm back in work

#8615 Chris1275gt

Chris1275gt

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 31 December 2020 - 02:06 PM

Looks well smart, any photos of the interior?

Spi seats recovered in leather by optimise automotive.

Attached Files

#8616 roblightbody

roblightbody

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 05:27 PM

Tried to start it, given that its 30 years to the day since it was registered.

But it was having none of it (its below freezing here and its been sitting for 3 months) so I just left it.

#8617 Quinlan minor

Quinlan minor

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 02 January 2021 - 07:53 PM

Fitted a new dashboard 'cause I was tired of looking at my faded original.

Like Mini body panels, it required a bit of fettling to get it all together, but it looks a lot better now it's done.

Apologies for the photo quality I'll take better ones when I get it out of the garage.

Old one at the top.

Attached Files

Edited by Quinlan minor, 02 January 2021 - 07:55 PM.

#8618 Gcal

Gcal

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 09:10 PM

Looks great,where did you get the chrome for round the clocks?

#8619 Quinlan minor

Quinlan minor

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 02 January 2021 - 09:29 PM

Looks great,where did you get the chrome for round the clocks?

The dashboard came complete with them.

#8620 Gcal

Gcal

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 09:38 PM

Thanks mate,mine doesn't have them but they look great on the dashboard

#8621 Tones61

Tones61

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 07:19 PM

Spent a couple of hrs sanding,wetflatting and polishing the underside of my Weber 45 inlet manifold today,
Heat reflection for more power 🚘👍

Attached Files

#8622 Tones61

Tones61

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 10:07 AM

New carbon bumper,bought from pete649
🚘👍

Attached Files

#8623 riktanius

riktanius

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 04:47 PM

Picked it up from the docks in Southampton after its long journey over from NZ, and drove it home  :proud:

8NT6lvP.png

Damn Beautiful. Did they not give you any trouble for the wheels on top? I have heard that RORO services dont allow ANY parts in or on the car that arent essential to it driving to the destination. 

#8624 riktanius

riktanius

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 04:50 PM

Any details on that fabrication? It could really help with the Italian minis here that all seem to have those tiny windows and are all destroyed from the sun. 

#8625 Chris1275gt

Chris1275gt

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 06:22 PM

Any details on that fabrication? It could really help with the Italian minis here that all seem to have those tiny windows and are all destroyed from the sun.

The actual small 1/4 window frames and glass I'd saved from the car when I stripped it,
The frames that they fit into in the door is what I fabricated from various aluminium profiles is that what your looking for.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users