Super Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 05:07 PM

Fitted new front donuts

The old ones actually look like donuts as well

I went for the new Evo ones

I’ll get the rear ones fitted tomorrow while I am waiting for helicoil kit to arrive

Then I can put the diff back on and drop the engine back inAttached File  DDDF5123-D08E-4E5F-871A-6831A55FDEE5.jpeg   44.99K   3 downloadsAttached File  DDDF5123-D08E-4E5F-871A-6831A55FDEE5.jpeg   44.99K   3 downloadsAttached File  56DF3EA1-E643-4805-B605-78B924FCFFE8.jpeg   61.67K   1 downloads

#8642 Tones61

Tones61

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 06:40 PM

Fitted new front donuts

The old ones actually look like donuts as well

I went for the new Evo ones

I’ll get the rear ones fitted tomorrow while I am waiting for helicoil kit to arrive

Then I can put the diff back on and drop the engine back inattachicon.gif DDDF5123-D08E-4E5F-871A-6831A55FDEE5.jpegattachicon.gif DDDF5123-D08E-4E5F-871A-6831A55FDEE5.jpegattachicon.gif 56DF3EA1-E643-4805-B605-78B924FCFFE8.jpeg

Great pics for comparison dude, thanks for posting :-)

#8643 Mini-Hazel-Nut

Mini-Hazel-Nut

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Local Club: Birmingham Mini Owners

Posted 26 February 2021 - 07:38 PM

I did the best thing I possibly could to my Mini today - I collected it! Very boring train trip to Middlesbrough and a very enjoyable trip back home in the Min. Here he is taking a breather at Wetherby services.

Attached File  P1012552 (1) Tiny.jpg   85.02K   6 downloads

Edited by Mini-Hazel-Nut, 26 February 2021 - 07:39 PM.

#8644 cooperd70

cooperd70

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 07:53 PM

I did the best thing I possibly could to my Mini today - I collected it! Very boring train trip to Middlesbrough and a very enjoyable trip back home in the Min. Here he is taking a breather at Wetherby services.

Great weather today to pick up your newly purchased pride and joy! Looks great! Not been able to drive mine as lockdown prevents me from visiting it ☹️

#8645 JXC Mini GT

JXC Mini GT

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 08:08 PM

Took my daughter for her Covid Jab today, it made her day to be taken in the Mini, the vaccination centre parking attendant told me to park it alongside the entrance so that everyone having there jab could go in with a smile on there face :D

#8646 cooperd70

cooperd70

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 08:27 PM

Took my daughter for her Covid Jab today, it made her day to be taken in the Mini, the vaccination centre parking attendant told me to park it alongside the entrance so that everyone having there jab could go in with a smile on there face :D

Fantastic 😊😊 I can only just dream of taking mine out of SORN and giving her a run out!

#8647 Readers14

Readers14

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 02:13 PM

Car cover came off........ this means one thing....... I’ll be spending more money on the mini!

#8648 Quinlan minor

Quinlan minor

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 27 February 2021 - 08:28 PM

Fitted a new nearside rear speaker, the old one was distorting badly. Since it was less than a year old, probably less than 700 miles, I took it back to Halfords. The young lady told me "It's blown, it's a blown speaker, that's not covered by the guarantee!" I enquired as to why this one would've blown since the offside one is fine. She told me, with a straight face, it might be because I had "played music through it. That can blow them and it's not covered by the guarantee!" I was so flabbergasted I couldn't be bothered arguing. I went elsewhere and bought new ones!

#8649 Mini-Hazel-Nut

Mini-Hazel-Nut

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Local Club: Birmingham Mini Owners

Posted 28 February 2021 - 01:34 AM

Great weather today to pick up your newly purchased pride and joy! Looks great! Not been able to drive mine as lockdown prevents me from visiting it ☹️

Lockdown or not I drove "Tommy" well over 200 miles bringing him home, best Mini journey ever. X

#8650 Readers14

Readers14

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 09:52 AM

Fitted a new nearside rear speaker, the old one was distorting badly. Since it was less than a year old, probably less than 700 miles, I took it back to Halfords. The young lady told me "It's blown, it's a blown speaker, that's not covered by the guarantee!" I enquired as to why this one would've blown since the offside one is fine. She told me, with a straight face, it might be because I had "played music through it. That can blow them and it's not covered by the guarantee!" I was so flabbergasted I couldn't be bothered arguing. I went elsewhere and bought new ones!

Didn’t you know speakers are only to be looked at, not for playing music through? :lol:

#8651 milton80

milton80

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 11:58 AM

It was project go time! If it didn’t start it now it may have sat a lot longer..... 1988 Austin Jet Black... rust, rust nothing to rust

#8652 Readers14

Readers14

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 05:15 PM

Removed the old Mini Sport (??) twin box exhaust ready for the full Maniflow twin box system.

5FFOwjP.jpg

Edited by Readers14, 28 February 2021 - 06:40 PM.

#8653 panky

panky

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 10:46 AM

Tried to start it (been in the Trikehome since MOT in December), fully charged battery but no, it wouldn't fire. Checked spark - all good, checked fuel at the carb with the electric pump running - loads of it but still no go. Poured a dribble of fuel down the carb and it burst into life then died again. Tried this a few time and eventually it ran absolutely fine, I'm thinking the carb is maybe starting to get gummed up and a restriction in the float valve. Time for a strip down.

Gave the car a wash too :proud:

#8654 GT Jimmy

GT Jimmy

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 02 March 2021 - 04:11 PM

Took the GT for its MOT, was never in doubt lol. Hopefully I'll get more than 980 miles done this year

#8655 JXC Mini GT

JXC Mini GT

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 04:33 PM

The radio has always been a bit hit and miss so I changed the power and speaker plugs which solved part of the problem, I still need to find an aerial that works without requiring me to drill holes in the bodywork.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)