roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:47 PM

:tumble:|

Edited by roofless, 11 May 2010 - 08:18 AM.

#17 rick.spi

rick.spi

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts
  • Local Club: "WOT NO BRAKES"

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:51 PM

:) i now want this pickup and its taxdisk holder... hmmm better bring my balaclaver to the shows :tumble: lol :)

nah lovely pickup.

Edited by rick.spi, 04 May 2010 - 09:52 PM.

#18 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:30 PM

I just got back from my mates. he has made some progress while I have been in Newquay but bad weather has slowed him somewhat! I hope its ready in time for L2B!

The wheels and Arches have been fitted (Wheels need to come off to be repainted- I will hopefully be doing this tomorrow) and the Arches will be painted black, same colour as the roofs being painted. Its a really shiney deep gorgeous black. I also have some edging trim/beading to go on the arches to cover up the huge gaps between arch and body!
Posted Image

The imperfections in the roof have been smoothed out, as well as the hole that was in the centre. I think it once had a single centre spot in the middle of the roof. This is poss why there is no headlining also. I cant wait to see it black. All nice and shiney! Hopefully it will be done this weekend, or early next week.

Posted Image

This is the view from inside the cab looking up where the hole has been welded up

Posted Image

Italian job wheels are now in the back of the pup. I will be selling these along with the seats, and poss an italian job light bar I have. Posted Image

Italian job seats (soon to be replaced with Speedwell Cubs)
Posted Image

Cab
Posted Image
Posted Image

There has been an after market rev counter fitted, but its current position makes it useless as I cant see it! (Bottom right) Posted Image

I am going to mount it on the steering coloum.
Either here
Posted Image
or further down here (slightly more subtle) I have decided where yet. Thoughts people?
Posted Image

#19 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:33 PM

Good news, it comes with a fire extinguisher! so should anyones match get out of hand, I can come to the resure and extinguish it! Should said match however set light to anything, perhaps another match then I fear two matches may be out of the capabilities of this little thing!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Retro switch pannel and heater. I have a heater sitting around from my old mayfair... does anyone know if It is an easy swop?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I also have a Blue 13" Dished Mountney race steering wheel and snap off boss to go in.
Posted Image
I dont feel the wheel suits the pup (even with the wheels and Arches) but the existing wheel is falling to pieces
Posted Image
The Pup is getting a Deep DEEP dish drift wheel when I find one that I can mod to fit the snap off boss. Its getting a nice black dished wheel like the Nardi wheel
Posted Image
I will also be dropping the coloum with a lowering bracket. So I think I will need the snap off boss just to get out the Pup, or I think I will be pinned in!

It should be better once the Speedwell cubs are in as they sit a lot lower than the italian job seats.
Posted Image

The battery is being a pain in the butt as I guessed it would. I have a Pug 306 Diesel battery but it wont fit where the battery sits. It might do if I remove the carpet from this section...? Anyone done this? I guess I will need to place something on top of the battery to stop it shorting out on the body? What battery does everyone else use? I have a couple, standard and this and none of them fit under! [annoyed]
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:34 PM

I make a habbit of removing show stickers from Minis that I didnt attend the show in. I was at L2B 2009, but Not in this Pup
Posted Image
So off with the sticker!
Posted Image
I just need to clean the window now then stick on the Sonic and ELMO club stickers! :thumbsup: I normally cake my minis windows in stickers, but the pups only getting a couple. The Sonic ones I had made (and one custom sticker for the tail gate) and My own club sticker (ELMO mini club East London Mini Owners) You can see my Audi A8 sneaking into shot in the picture below also! lol
Posted Image

The bonnets not a great fit.... so I have nice thick BLACK bonnet straps. Yes, I said BLACK THICK straps! I know they are hard to come by! You can only normally get the thin horrid straps in black
Posted Image
Posted Image

I have decided I dont want to cut off the perfectly good pressed grille (yet...) I know some people will sigh with relif. So I have been coming up with other looks

Just black moustach (I hate it!) It look bloody daft
Posted Image

If i did cut it off and put the mk1 grille and moustach on
Posted Image
Posted Image
I think I will be leaving it as is. Without the moustach and without the Mk1 grille. Just leave it with the pressed grille. Otherwise it might be a little OTT with what I will be doing. I want to change the bumper with the missed (as the bumper on Sonic is brand new, so i will take one of the GFs and spray that black) and Sonics getting a custom black winged badge and black bonnet straps. It was hard holding it in place and taking the picture at the same time!

Black plate on the rear. I will fit during the week. I dont want to drill the plate, what shall I use to stick the number plate on? Ta. (ohh and I dont need to be told about the legality of black plates!)
Posted Image
Front
Posted Image

Second hand spax. I bought the front and rear seperatly both second hand. I hope there good.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Some more pictures of the PUP on his 13x7 black wheels. I am looking forward to seeing the arches and wheels painted!
Posted Image
Posted Image
The rear needs to be lowered. I am buying some new Hilos for it this week and I have some SPAX to go on to stiffen up the ride
Posted Image

A boot full of goodies (and this isnt all of it!) Mk1 grille and black moustache (not sure its going on yet) Spax, New number plates, some trim, brand new gear knob with custom Sonic badge, new wing badge to be customized (painted back) with custom Sonic sticker) and more
Posted Image

I know it wont be to everyones taste, but hopefully some of you will like!

Put 10s on it !!!

Agreed

There coming! Just need funds!
In the future I will be getting 10x7 MB split rims. Like these (sorry for the picture theiving Rich)
Posted Image

Edited by E.L.M.O, 08 May 2010 - 09:36 PM.

#21 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:41 PM

:thumbsup: i now want this pickup and its taxdisk holder... hmmm better bring my balaclaver to the shows :) lol >_<

:thumbsup: I did ask Martin not to post up pictures of my order. I like to have Unique things like stickers different from everyone else. I wanted to reduce the risk of someone having the same sticker as me made up. I know people will see it at shows and in pictures posted on the forum but I wanted to reduce the risk of someone copying them. :thumbsup:

Martin, Can you remove them please. And I emailed you the other day. There was a couple of issues with the order and I didnt receive the Tax disc holder with the rest of the order.

#22 backstreetclassics

backstreetclassics

Previously known as minidan07

• Members
  • 1,898 posts
  • Local Club: essex mini club

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:45 PM

nice pick up neil but im not a fan of big wheels and arches on a commercial mini just doesnt suit it so the sooner it back on tens the better nice find tho

#23 leaky

leaky

Iv never hit a penguin in the face with a casserole

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,890 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:10 PM

Looks good mate. I like the mirrors. Can you not just fit the mk1 grill over the top on the pressed grill.

#24 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,684 posts
  • Local Club: J19 Mini Owners Club

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:14 PM

Looking very nice!
Bodywork does look very straight, good find!

Wide wheels & arches is the way to go for the P'ups I think, looks mean!

Need to sort the pee-shooter exhaust now :o

Dan :lol:

#25 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:54 PM

nice pick up neil but im not a fan of big wheels and arches on a commercial mini just doesnt suit it so the sooner it back on tens the better nice find tho

Hey mate, each to there own aye. Its going on 10s soon but only when funds allow. but they will be fat 10x7s so would have needed to cut the front anyway. Cut the front for the wheels today actually. Most of it was bloody filler! So not to worried about it. Anyway I dont mind the one off comment from people about the 13s (which are only temp anyway) but as long as you dont whin on and on like Rick at Riv. Got on my f´ing tits in the end. I dont mind them on 13s personally. Cant wait for the 10x7s however! :o

Looks good mate. I like the mirrors. Can you not just fit the mk1 grill over the top on the pressed grill.

You know what, I hated the mirrors when I got it. But they have grown on me. there utterly useless however, but still.... I have learnt to love them! as for the grille, that has also grown on me! I now prefer the pressed grille look to the chrome mk1! Its a little different, and thats what I like about it.

Looking very nice!
Bodywork does look very straight, good find!
Wide wheels & arches is the way to go for the P'ups I think, looks mean!
Need to sort the pee-shooter exhaust now :)
Dan :dontgetit:

Hi Dan. Yeah the body works fairly straight. the fillers helping give that impression! The pannel had to be slightly alighned to fit the arch and a couple of cracks in the filler apperared! :lol: Never mind, it will get a new front at some point. glad you like the big wheels and arches! It does have a great stance when slammed on them.

I got a bit done today! I had the day off so was able to spend half a day helping my mate get the prep work done. I mostly did the wheels. I rubbed the chipped and corroded paint back (my fingers are pretty dam sore!) with wet and dry. My mate Finnished prepping the roof

Arches have been fitted, now removed and primmered. Hopefully will be painted tomorrow while I am at work :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

A couple of random pictures of pup on stealies at the front and the Italian jobs at the back. I am working on the 13s and didnt want the Italian job wheels getting paint on them
Posted Image
Posted Image

This is an interesting one. I couldnt get the battery under the rear bulk head (making sure to turn it around so it didnt short out on the bodywork) So I took up the carpet to see if it gave me much more room to work with. Under the carpet I found this piece of metal stuck to a pretty good floor! strange one!
Posted Image

Edited by E.L.M.O, 11 May 2010 - 11:18 AM.

#26 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:54 PM

Me getting stuck in to the wheels....you can see in the picture how corroded they had gotten
Posted Image

A work in progress getting the wheels flat enough for primmer
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ready to start on the next wheel! Why does there have to be so many dam wheels on cars?! lol
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ready'ish for primmer
Posted Image

Once I cover them up! (brand new´sih tires!)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

First coat
Posted Image

Del attacks the many gaps I left!
Posted Image

And so after a few goes......
Posted Image
Posted Image

A short while later.... and on goes the Satin black (even if it does look way to shiney at first!) I am looking forward to seeing how it drys. It shouldnt be any where near as shinney, and i dont want it to be!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by E.L.M.O, 10 May 2010 - 10:56 PM.

#27 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:02 PM

Starting to mask up the pup

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Del giving it a little rust proofing
Posted Image

Ready for first coat of primmer! 10 mins later I remember I left my wallet on the passanger seat! :lol:
Posted Image

We also got the wing badge in primmer and ready for paint!
Posted Image

Edited by E.L.M.O, 10 May 2010 - 11:21 PM.

#28 rick.spi

rick.spi

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
  • Local Club: "WOT NO BRAKES"

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:03 PM

if you get rid of the mk1 heater give me a shout i want one as its shallower and allows for my turbo box. i also love the flap on them :lol: haha :o

making good progress mate, glad youve decided to keep the comercial grille, they look best with them, just look at anelbeaterpeaters car, thats stunning with a comercial front.

Edited by rick.spi, 10 May 2010 - 11:04 PM.

#29 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:07 PM

If it was mine I would keep the mirrors and pressed grill as it adds a mix of retro to modern.

Your car to do what you want with. Do what you like, not what others do.

#30 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:26 PM

if you get rid of the mk1 heater give me a shout i want one as its shallower and allows for my turbo box. i also love the flap on them :dontgetit: haha :)

making good progress mate, glad youve decided to keep the comercial grille, they look best with them, just look at anelbeaterpeaters car, thats stunning with a comercial front.

I will try look for it, but if you got an easy link to it mate feel free to PM it to me! :o
Yeah The heater will be changing for a newer one, alough it is pretty cool with the flat thing! Do you know if it is a straight forward swop?

If it was mine I would keep the mirrors and pressed grill as it adds a mix of retro to modern.

Yeah I agree. I think mirrors and pressed grille with the big arches and wheels are the way to go :lol: a mix of old and modern. Not that it will be subtle at all!

Your car to do what you want with. Do what you like, not what others do.

I couldnt agree more. I dont pester people when they do stuff to there cars. I might make a fair commet on wheather i like it or not then I drop it. I wouldnt dream of going on about it over and over (unless it was BMW of course.... that goes without saying! lol :) ) But my point being, it really annoys me when people DEMAND I do what they tell me to do to my car. the f'ing cheek.

Edited by E.L.M.O, 10 May 2010 - 11:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users