#46 rick.spi

rick.spi

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts
  • Local Club: "WOT NO BRAKES"

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:55 PM

if you get rid of the mk1 heater give me a shout i want one as its shallower and allows for my turbo box. i also love the flap on them :D haha :thumbsup:

making good progress mate, glad youve decided to keep the comercial grille, they look best with them, just look at anelbeaterpeaters car, thats stunning with a comercial front.

I will try look for it, but if you got an easy link to it mate feel free to PM it to me! :mmkay:
Yeah The heater will be changing for a newer one, alough it is pretty cool with the flat thing! Do you know if it is a straight forward swop?

i think that its a completly different fit, dont quote me on it tho. the modern ones hang off 2 hooks at the back and self tappers at the front i think, the mk1 heater i saw at the show had a completly different fitment.

i think im right in this but dont hold me to this info tho. :

drop me a pm if you do swap as i like the old ones. =]

#47 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,684 posts
  • Local Club: J19 Mini Owners Club

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:16 PM

Nope, they hang from the same place. I just had to drill 1 new hole in the dash rail to match up with the holes on my later heater for my Pickup.

I chucked my old heater away... oops! :)

#48 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:28 PM

Check the d/s inner wing for the fuse box.

I think it only has 2 fuses.... I found one! Will take a look in the inner wing for the other! Ta

:o i now want this pickup and its taxdisk holder... hmmm better bring my balaclaver to the shows :) lol ;)

:) I did ask Martin not to post up pictures of my order. I like to have Unique things like stickers different from everyone else. I wanted to reduce the risk of someone having the same sticker as me made up. I know people will see it at shows and in pictures posted on the forum but I wanted to reduce the risk of someone copying them. :dontgetit:
Martin, Can you remove them please. And I emailed you the other day. There was a couple of issues with the order and I didnt receive the Tax disc holder with the rest of the order.

its only a joke lol. dont take it too seriously. i think ive seen this on a tax disk before tho. ;)

I know you were joking, its just I really wanted something unique and I had already asked him not to post them up so I was just a little miffed more than anything mate. Dont worry I wasnt annoyed or anything, just a little surprised and disapointed! I really want something different and on the mini scene its pretty hard to do anything that hasnt been done before.

if you get rid of the mk1 heater give me a shout i want one as its shallower and allows for my turbo box. i also love the flap on them :crazy: haha ;)
making good progress mate, glad youve decided to keep the comercial grille, they look best with them, just look at anelbeaterpeaters car, thats stunning with a comercial front.

I will try look for it, but if you got an easy link to it mate feel free to PM it to me! :)
Yeah The heater will be changing for a newer one, alough it is pretty cool with the flat thing! Do you know if it is a straight forward swop?

i think that its a completly different fit, dont quote me on it tho. the modern ones hang off 2 hooks at the back and self tappers at the front i think, the mk1 heater i saw at the show had a completly different fitment.
i think im right in this but dont hold me to this info tho. :
drop me a pm if you do swap as i like the old ones. ^_^

Nope, they hang from the same place. I just had to drill 1 new hole in the dash rail to match up with the holes on my later heater for my Pickup.
I chucked my old heater away... oops! ;)

Cool, are all the pipes the same also? Jut a straight forward change over?

Edited by E.L.M.O, 11 May 2010 - 07:30 PM.

#49 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:41 PM

Right.... News!
Sonic met Freddie (hannas car) for the first time on his way back from getting his brand new MOT! :)
Posted Image
And yes the roof does still have masking tap on it! Its now back at dels to have the black done over the next few days. however, with the weath the way it is he isnt sure if it will be done in time for L2B so It might have to go back to him afterwards for the final coats and laque.
Posted Image

The arches were sprayed while I was at the MOT station. They still need a few more coats but look nice. I cant wait to see what they look like on Sonic with the black wheels on
Posted Image

The wheels that were painted yesterday have dolled down and look fab. I am so happy they arent no where near as shinney as they were when we first painted them! I was getting worried. They look pretty shiney here due to the flash
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The other two wheels had their first coat of paint today
Posted Image
Posted Image
The centre caps are even more temp than the wheels. Providing MWS remember to bring them to L2B as they forgot to bring them to Newquay ;) I have already lost one so will have to do without for L2B. prep work on these was hard and not very good.

The second set of wheels havent been painted black yet as it started to rain, which also meant the first pair didnt get their second coat
Posted Image

#50 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:47 PM

Old gear knob is off
Posted Image

And new Gear knob is on Sonic sticker was a great job by roofless
Posted Image

I found a standard handbreak cover
Posted Image

I also had a blue one, but I dont think I like it. Its a bit "Jazzy" for the pick up
Posted Image
Posted Image

And then Sonic tucked up for the night ready for more work tomorrow. Unfortunately I really cant take any more time off so its all up to my mate Del now!
Posted Image

#51 miRon

miRon

• Banned
  • 1,993 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:04 PM

Not bad with the wheels and mods ?

I dont think its brilliant for a 998. I am almost 30 with 2 years no claims (the other no claims is in use on the Audi A8)
and over 5 years clean company car useage. Hey ho.

Cool pick up Neil, just read the thread. Loving the styling ideas. Now how about a nice big bail of hay in the back, or a stage prop crate, just for looks lol

Cheers mate
But i am not sure the hay etc will suit the new look as much!

Ive spoken with Del, he said the pick up will be ok to take to the MOT. He said he is going to put the first layer of black on and I can air dry it on the way! He can then rub that back when I return with a nice MOT cert............!

neil,
i only pay £138 Fc on the truck,

#52 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:32 AM

i only pay £138 Fc on the truck,

:thumbsup:

And Uber >_< >_< >_< for the rain today. Looks like Del isnt going to get anything done on it at all with this weather. He only has Tomorrow and a few hours Friday as he has an exam on Friday.

#53 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:25 AM

The painting is almost done, My mates says the roof is not as good as he wanted but best is can do given the time aspect and weather, havent had time to do the cv yet may have to do it saturday morning, arches and wheels look good though! pictures to follow when I get some

To do for L2B

-Finnish painting roof Sort of Done
-Finnish fitting Arches Done
- Paint Arches Done
-MOT Done
-Tax
-Insurance Done
-Paint wheels Done
-Move rev counter Done
-Fit new plates / fit and wire in air horns (I dont want to drill into the plates so will be using the stick on pads, trouble is there isnt much metal to stick them onto, so I might use the platic/chrome faced number plate surround, screw that into the number plate mounts with flat screws then stick the numberplate to that. I also might mount the airhorns being the number plate using the numberplate surround to mount them from
-Fit new Gear knob Done
-Fit new stickers
-Secure battery
-Buy and fit Mini spares rear load bay cover
-Buy and fit new Hilos
-Fit Spax
-Replace outer CV gaitor
-fit small Amp and subtle speakers behind seats Might not do
-Buy and fit new Stereo Might not do

Edited by E.L.M.O, 13 May 2010 - 11:30 AM.

#54 mini_toaster

mini_toaster

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:09 PM

Looking great so far, can't wait to see the arches on. Hope you get those things for L2B, I wanted to be able to drive my mini to L2B this year but I'll have to wait till next year :<

#55 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:39 PM

Its going to be a race to the finish!

Still needing doing-
-Road tax
-Fit steering wheel lowering bracket
-Remove steering wheel from KOD father, Fit snap off boss, then fit steering wheel to Sonic
-Remove head lights off KOD Father, fit to sonic
-Fit air horns to numberplate surround, fit number plate surround to car and wire up air horns
-Fit number plates
-Get Hi los from mate (will have to replace them next month) Fit hi los
-Replace CV gaitor
-Fit adjustable SPAX
-Fit new bonnet badge

I have tonight and tomorrow morning to complete all this, its easily do able... but I feel like poo as well! :)

Edited by E.L.M.O, 14 May 2010 - 12:42 PM.

#56 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:41 PM

Just got back from the post office................ without my road tax. the F'ing stupid dumb mother fers at Adrian flux cked up my policy and wrote the wrong registration number down. So they wouldnt issue me road tax for the vechile. Would you adam and eve it?! :bah:

So now as well as everything else that needs doing tomorrow I now also have to go ge the road tax. That is providing they manage to sort there crud out there end and actually figure out how to send an email to me with the correct policy details on it attached in a timely fashion... ie now.

#57 MiniBonkerz

MiniBonkerz

• Traders
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:45 PM

hope you make it i want to see this sunday :bah:

#58 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:50 PM

hope you make it i want to see this sunday :bah:

Dont get your hopes to high.... even if it is there its still tatty!

#59 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:13 PM

Ima be looking for it too, mate!

#60 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:30 PM

Ima be looking for it too, mate!

:thumbsup: fair enough

I just got back from my mates. the roof might need a bit of work at a later date but I am pretty happy with it. The arches are great! Its just a shame the rest of the bodywork is so tatty! It needs a good clean, that will obv be the last job (with the excemption of loading it up with the L2b gear) tomorrow

fitted black plates (first I cleaned the surface.) I decided to fit the spare plates, as I will need to take these off later to spray the rear number plate "mount" and the fronts need to be re done.
Posted Image
Posted Image

I also fitted my new badge. but i need to get it made up to twice the size I think, its way to small! :lol:
Posted Image

Newly painted roof
Posted Image

I am pretty disapointed with my bonnet badge. I need to respray it for a start... as the spray job is pretty bad with runs etc.... but the black hasnt worked as well as I hoped it would :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

I think it would look a lot better with a black bumper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users