leaky

Iv never hit a penguin in the face with a casserole

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,890 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:54 PM

More stripping today!

Took everything out the boot. Removed the fuel tank and took the rear lights off.
Posted Image

Boot floor is pretty solid which is nice.
Posted Image

So is the battery tray.
Posted Image

I also found out where my car was leaking from.

Posted Image

It was only a small hole when I started. I poked it with a screwdriver and got all the filler out and was left with this.

Anyway thats about it. Thanks for reading! :)

#47 yousmeg

yousmeg

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet...

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:20 AM

Posted Image

Bet that made a mess of your roof lining!

Looking good though :thumbsup:

#48 leaky

leaky

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,890 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:09 PM

Bet that made a mess of your roof lining!

Looking good though :thumbsup:

I don't think the headlining is too bad actually although I'm gonna replace it anyway. Its raining again now so the car will be full of water again. Although i did leave the drain plugs out so hopefully it should run out the bottom of the car now.

Anyway I'v arranged to have the car collected this Friday lunch time! So excited now. Cant wait to have it back all rust free!

My next step is too start on the engine now so watch this space. ;)

Edited by Mini-jon, 23 February 2011 - 01:09 PM.

#49 leaky

leaky

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,890 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:13 PM

Wiring loom is completely out. Head headlining is out. And the lower dash rail is out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now the job for 2moz morning is too drop it down off the blocks of wood its on as its being picked up lunch time. Yay!!!!!!!

Thanks for reading. :gimme:

#50 chubbyclubby101

chubbyclubby101

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:07 PM

just spotted this on your other thread, this was my first car!!! i bought it in feb 2008. its nice to see that all that work has been done to it, wen i got it, it was in pretty good shape,the last 3 years havnt been kind.i bought it with 2 months mot left,so put it through which it passed with just the brakes having to be adjusted. i then put new rear subframe on,made the dash,got the wheels for it and did all the engine work, i remember how nippy it was.also did a 19.4sec 1/4 mile at shakespear county raceway in 2008,also completed my first london to brighton in 2008. this was the car that got me hooked on minis,as it never let me down and i drove it everywhere. nice to see its still around, do you have a completion date for it? would love to see it at one of the shows again. good luck with it. all the best >_<

#51 leaky

leaky

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,890 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:53 PM

just spotted this on your other thread, this was my first car!!! i bought it in feb 2008. its nice to see that all that work has been done to it, wen i got it, it was in pretty good shape,the last 3 years havnt been kind.i bought it with 2 months mot left,so put it through which it passed with just the brakes having to be adjusted. i then put new rear subframe on,made the dash,got the wheels for it and did all the engine work, i remember how nippy it was.also did a 19.4sec 1/4 mile at shakespear county raceway in 2008,also completed my first london to brighton in 2008. this was the car that got me hooked on minis,as it never let me down and i drove it everywhere. nice to see its still around, do you have a completion date for it? would love to see it at one of the shows again. good luck with it. all the best >_<

Hi. Thanks for the comment. I don't have a date for it too be finished as such no. I would like it done for Riv Run next year though. Nice to hear about some of the history of the car. This is the oldest pic I have of the car. I'm guessing this must be from around the time you owned it.

Posted Image

I would love too see any pics you have of it.
I dont think the person I bought it off looked after it much or did much to it. When I went to view it it looked like it had been sat for a while. I still have the slips for the quarter mile times in the box of paper work I was given with the car. Once its done we will have to meet up at a show and you can have a look at it.

Thanks.

#52 leaky

leaky

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,890 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:27 PM

Bye bye mini!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The driveway looks so bare without her!

I did find this in the boot just before it went. I'll have to get this sorted at some point.

Posted Image

Anyway. I'm hoping the chap doing the work will take some pics so I'll put these up as I get them. Next step it striping the engine!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

#53 twrminisport

twrminisport

Jesus

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:53 PM

Sounds good Jon, Whats Will doing to her?

#54 leaky

leaky

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,890 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:59 PM

Sill's, Floors, door steps is the main work but theirs a few other little bits like welding the air vents up and doing a few odd patches.

#55 twrminisport

twrminisport

Jesus

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:44 PM

cool. Are you going for a full respray then?

#56 leaky

leaky

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,890 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:46 PM

Well the outside and the engine bay. I'm gonna do the bits on the inside and the boot that need doing. But yea. The chap that sprays Will's cars is gonna do it. Gotta pay for the welding then save up another £400 to pay for the re-spray. I need a better paying job lol.

#57 twrminisport

twrminisport

Jesus

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:55 PM

Mini's sap money :lol:

#58 leaky

leaky

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,890 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:57 PM

They do indeed. This is the reason I'v been selling so many of my spares recently. Need the wonga!

#59 chubbyclubby101

chubbyclubby101

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:16 PM

just spotted this on your other thread, this was my first car!!! i bought it in feb 2008. its nice to see that all that work has been done to it, wen i got it, it was in pretty good shape,the last 3 years havnt been kind.i bought it with 2 months mot left,so put it through which it passed with just the brakes having to be adjusted. i then put new rear subframe on,made the dash,got the wheels for it and did all the engine work, i remember how nippy it was.also did a 19.4sec 1/4 mile at shakespear county raceway in 2008,also completed my first london to brighton in 2008. this was the car that got me hooked on minis,as it never let me down and i drove it everywhere. nice to see its still around, do you have a completion date for it? would love to see it at one of the shows again. good luck with it. all the best :lol:

Hi. Thanks for the comment. I don't have a date for it too be finished as such no. I would like it done for Riv Run next year though. Nice to hear about some of the history of the car. This is the oldest pic I have of the car. I'm guessing this must be from around the time you owned it.

Posted Image

I dont think the person I bought it off looked after it much or did much to it. When I went to view it it looked like it had been sat for a while. I still have the slips for the quarter mile times in the box of paper work I was given with the car. Once its done we will have to meet up at a show and you can have a look at it.

Thanks.

the pic u have there was the one i took on my drive. when you brought it, it looks exactly how i sold it, just with more rust, i sold it for 1600 pound aswell!! i always kept it garaged to try keep the rust at bay. im sad i sold it but went in a different direction, but then came back to minis! heres a pic i have, i will try adn find more for you as there on an old laptop

Posted Image

#60 leaky

leaky

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,890 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:12 AM

just spotted this on your other thread, this was my first car!!! i bought it in feb 2008. its nice to see that all that work has been done to it, wen i got it, it was in pretty good shape,the last 3 years havnt been kind.i bought it with 2 months mot left,so put it through which it passed with just the brakes having to be adjusted. i then put new rear subframe on,made the dash,got the wheels for it and did all the engine work, i remember how nippy it was.also did a 19.4sec 1/4 mile at shakespear county raceway in 2008,also completed my first london to brighton in 2008. this was the car that got me hooked on minis,as it never let me down and i drove it everywhere. nice to see its still around, do you have a completion date for it? would love to see it at one of the shows again. good luck with it. all the best :lol:

Thanks.

the pic u have there was the one i took on my drive. when you brought it, it looks exactly how i sold it, just with more rust, i sold it for 1600 pound aswell!! i always kept it garaged to try keep the rust at bay. im sad i sold it but went in a different direction, but then came back to minis! heres a pic i have, i will try adn find more for you as there on an old laptop

O right. You sold it for £1600. Jeees. The guy I bought it from took a big loss on that then. I paid £670 for it. Also while stripping it out the other day I found that green air freshener in the above pic in one of the rear bins lol. I still have the PG tips monkey as well! I cant believe how good she looks in the above pic. This is one of the best pics I have of her. Taken not long after buying her and after I gave her a good clean.

Posted Image

She came up quite well with a good polish! Just a shame the rest had started to come though.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users