422 replies to this topic

#46 WRLondon

WRLondon

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:12 PM

why dont we have a seperate section for metros then?
or moggy minors?

theres already a Bini forum and let it stay like that
no point splitting the forum in two

the whole reason the majority of people joined this forum was because its for classic minis
real english minis

its not like new mini owners with turbo engines join turbominis.com
just like i would never join mini2 or www.miniforum.com or bimmerforums.com

if a bini section is added then alot of people will leave
whats next a bini tmf calender :)

#47 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:22 PM

lots of VW camper owners on here can we please have our own section

#48 WRLondon

WRLondon

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:33 PM

yeah have a pole
Would you like TMF to turn into a
Bmw mini forum
Classic Mini forum
Audi forum
Metro / Moggy Forums
Vw camper forum

or the broader
General Car forum

#49 dave585

dave585

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Local Club: Carry on mini'in

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:50 PM

Are some people on here just replying for the sake of a row And not giving helpful ideas? It's a wonder why people don't come back on the forum!!!

#50 Tanya

Tanya

Snuggle-Buddy

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Local Club: Abingdon Mini Owners Club

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:28 PM

We are not The Metro Forum or The Morris Minor Forum, we are The Mini Forum. However while I think most mini enthusiasts think of classic minis when we see the word 'Mini' and new minis when we see the word MINI, I think those subtleties are lost on all but the diehards!

I am a mini enthusiast through and through and I am not interested in MINI. HOWEVER, personally I do feel that the mini scene is and will be better and stronger by working with BMW/MINI/MINI owners. At the end of the day, all I care about is what I feel is in mini's best interest (keeping mini alive with the public, a vibrant scene, new blood etc) and it is my personal view that this is best done by being with MINI. Therefore, I welcome any way that TMF makes it clear that MINI owners, their views, questions and opinions are welcomed, appreciated and valued. Of course I understand that we are predominately a mini rather than MINI forum.

I also feel frustrated by comments that try to curtail MINI/mini discussion such as 'let's agree to disagree' and 'we've covered every base nearly twice now maybe more'. Also, MINI/mini threads should be discussed without the threat of closure because the staff feel it is exhausted. The human brain works by continued discussions and people slowly (years!) alter their perspectives through discussions. As a country, we constantly discuss the same issues, Europe, immigration etc and arguably the comments like 'we've covered every base nearly twice now maybe more' could also be used in answer to those debates.

I would like mini/MINI debates to continue especially as BMW are showing an increased eagerness to be involved in the mini scene. I would be reluctant to have a one-off vote (to determine once and forever) what MINI's place in this forum should be and suggest we need to constantly review their place within this forum as opinions and memberships change.

Edited by Tanya, 24 December 2010 - 07:29 PM.

#51 mab01uk

mab01uk

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 11,804 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Cooper Register

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:41 PM

The Following User Says Thank You to Tanya For This Useful Post: Mab01uk :)

(I wish all forums had a 'Thanks' button on each post to show agreement!)

#52 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:42 PM

problem is if we have a BINI section we don't have much info or members with one

at the moment if a BINI question is asked we can direct them to a forum with the answers

if we have our own BINI section and a question is asked we can't send them else where to get the answer and classic mini owners will stay out of that section

so new member will get a hand full of views and no replays

doesn't that look good for us ?

i would rather send them somewhere else and help them than leave them high and dry with no replays

#53 minidream94

minidream94

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:42 PM

a poll would be pointless, i mean lets face it, how many MINI owners are there on this forum compared to mini owners? and i could guarentee that all mos every mini owner would vote in favor of there NOT being a MINI section.

#54 WRLondon

WRLondon

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:51 PM

a poll would be pointless, i mean lets face it, how many MINI owners are there on this forum compared to mini owners? and i could guarentee that all mos every mini owner would vote in favor of there NOT being a MINI section.

true

and tanya
of course bmw are eager to get into the scene

theres alot of money to be made!

they want the products they sell to be a part of the family like a classic mini

thats why they bought the brand in the first place

fact is they arent mini they are massive
and there are more BINI forums then classic mini forums!!!

#55 WRLondon

WRLondon

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:55 PM

and of course as bungle says, not alot of input can be made
and if suddenly tons of bini owners join then TMF has to not only support them
but pay for the extra bandwith being taken up for silly questions only a few members know the answer too when mini2 etc. are better suited for the big german mini lover..

but then again it would even out as other members would leave..

#56 littlemissmagic

littlemissmagic

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 07:58 PM

there are few classic mini forums, and i like being able to come on here and know that what i am looking at will be useful information for my classic and not be having to search through a load of new MINI stuff.

its bad enough already when you type mini in ebay and get a whole load of BINI stuff >.<

i have no problem with the New MINIs but lets face it, they're not exactly very similar to the classic mini and is it really useful to everyone to have a MINI section?
As said, if people have questions about their MINI then they should be going to the correct forum for them.

I wouldnt go on MINI2 and expect people to answer my technical problems?

#57 WRLondon

WRLondon

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:00 PM

exactly
and would we need another sub forum for MINI classifieds as once again it will be filled with Bini parts and not Classic mini parts :)

#58 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:04 PM

Why would members leave?

We are already very tolerent to other varients, metros/gtm/marcos etc, so why not extend our hospitallity?

What ever we do then Bini is here to stay and as I've already said the prices are falling to the the point that they make a good 2nd hand buy. This situation can only get more favourable to the 2nd hand buyer.

We can sit here on our rocking chairs, guns at the ready but the the onslaught will become even worse as the years go on.

As the prices drop they will fall into the hands of people who are more like us(enthusiasts).

I'm not a huge fan but I do find my opinion has mellowed over the years, I have mates who have bought them, we have them in our club. I don't see the point in being hostile to other enthusiasts?

#59 WRLondon

WRLondon

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:05 PM

yeah but those variants use mini bits
try bolting a bini subframe to a mini lol

#60 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:06 PM

yeah but those variants use mini bits
try bolting a bini subframe to a mini lol

I bet you'd bolt a bini supercharger on though?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users