#406 minispaniard

minispaniard

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club, CMC.

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:09 PM

The Section heading and subheading are quite clear!!

Mini Chat
This is the place to chat about anything to do with your Minis - please post technical queries in the technical sections

#407 WRLondon

WRLondon

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:20 PM

General Chat
Do you have a serious topic you want to discuss that isn’t related to Minis? This is the place for it.

Edited by WRLondon, 12 January 2011 - 08:21 PM.

#408 Sir Cheat

Sir Cheat

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:25 PM

General Chat
Do you have a serious topic you want to discuss that isn’t related to Minis? This is the place for it.

So thats means Mini metro topics can be posted in Mini Chat to then, After all they were made by the same company and share the mini engine & size...ummm

#409 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:03 PM

The thread "Proof the binis can look cool" should never have been in Mini Chat. It was obviously overlooked or ignored by the mods which lead to the "Thread Closure" topic.

what would of been a better section ?

General Chat

#410 1995 MK2 IOM

1995 MK2 IOM

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • Local Club: NO CLUB HERE.... YET

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:12 PM

I quite like the MINI... but for me... they are more feminine than the mini (IMO) - in their standard form.

but logistically...

TMF starts to allow/promote the MINI on the site...

...surely this will lead to so many threads having posts like:
"in the wrong section"
"you should go to the MINI part of the site"
"Are you referring to the MINI or the mini here?"
"topic moved" (how much work for the (already busy mods))?

I just don't see it working logistically...

Im only 1 person... with very little knowledge of mini's in relation to most on here... but i've stayed quiet for so long reading these kind of topics... but I just don't see it working... for that reason... I think TMF should remain the way its always been...

That is all

#411 crazycoleman118

crazycoleman118

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:30 PM

maybe it should have been in general chat.. and MINI stuff shouldn't be in there, alas I am only human and thought it would have been relevant for it to be in there as it was titled Mini....

but i didnt actually see the problem, the thread generated interest, and wouldnt have done so in the general chat, it was just banter...

#412 1995 MK2 IOM

1995 MK2 IOM

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:33 PM

but i didnt actually see the problem, the thread generated interest, and wouldnt have done so in the general chat, it was just banter...

I dont even take note of what section the post is in... I come online... click new posts and read them... why does it really matter what section things are in etc?! "general chat" "mini chat" "questions and technical" hang on... does that mean people cant ask questions in the "mini chat" section?

J

#413 crazycoleman118

crazycoleman118

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:35 PM

i dont know but it seemed to create a stir seeing as it should have been in general because it wasnt specifically about the classic mini

#414 1995 MK2 IOM

1995 MK2 IOM

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:43 PM

i dont know but it seemed to create a stir seeing as it should have been in general because it wasnt specifically about the classic mini

from where im sitting - it looks like its the mods just proving a point... TMF is going to allow the "MINI crowd" in... "mini chat" will be a place for both MINI and mini chatting... but in doing that... there is going to be a lot more work for them in my opinion...

That's my view on why its been left where it has...

#415 minispaniard

minispaniard

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:56 PM

I dont even take note of what section the post is in... I come online... click new posts and read them... why does it really matter what section things are in etc?! "general chat" "mini chat" "questions and technical" hang on... does that mean people cant ask questions in the "mini chat" section?

J

that's the point of having different sections on a forum, to keep it tidy.

If someone is not interested in, for instance, the rebuilds section he/she doesn't need to scroll down all the posts in there!!

#416 minispaniard

minispaniard

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:57 PM

from where im sitting - it looks like its the mods just proving a point... TMF is going to allow the "MINI crowd" in... "mini chat" will be a place for both MINI and mini chatting... but in doing that... there is going to be a lot more work for them in my opinion...

That's my view on why its been left where it has...

and yes, I'm with you on this one. I think they are proving this point. ;)

#417 Burnard

Burnard

4 gears good........... .......................5 gears Better

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:15 PM

I havent read the full topic, but i want to put accross my opinions.

1. There are very few people on this forum who own bini's let allone can help people with problems.
2. there are an awfull lot of bini bashers on here, so allowing them into the normal classic mini sections is simply a bad idea, and would get very confusing anyway.
3. if we had a specific bini area's people wanting to start arguments would always go there and provoke people.
4. the BMW mini has its own forums, with far more info than we can posibly provide.
5. we dont have sections on bini forums, why should they get one on ours?

My conclusion:

Not only should the bini not have its own section on here, but i believe that it should be treated the same as any audi, honda, mazda etc. Meaning topics involving the BMW mini are kept STRICTLY to the general chat, off topic banter and other projects sections, the same as the other makes of car.
Any topics involving a BMW mini should be moved to the correct area. Any technical questions from new members should result in a polite PM from a moderator, explaining that this is a classic mini community and provide a link to mini2, and the topic removed from the board completely. (any posted answers to the questions could be sent to the member in a PM so they still have access to possible solutions).

I dont see any reason why a setup similar to this would not work and i believe it would be the best thing for the forum.

Chris

#418 littlemissmagic

littlemissmagic

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:57 PM

exactly.
so why did the mods not move it??
and why is it STILL there?!?

#419 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:14 PM

Its there because there are sensible and open minded people enjoying posting in it.

This one seems to have just degenerated however and I don't feel that much good can come of it , I'm pretty close to closing it.

#420 littlemissmagic

littlemissmagic

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:21 PM

im sure people would still enjoy it just as much if it was in the correct section!!

why has it been allowed to stay in mini chat when it is not a mini???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users