47 replies to this topic

#16 redhotminilewis

redhotminilewis

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:46 PM

There was a mini that JL audio made to showcase their I.C.E. in and they had 13 inch spinners. They looked smart and not too tacky. However, they were custom made and because its a showcase car for a large corporation, they would have spent a bomb on them!

Ill try and find the link for you. was only just watching it the other day.

In addition, its your mini so do what you want with it and spinners would defiantly be something different :)

#17 GINO R32

GINO R32

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:58 PM

they need to be metal realy to make them spin quick
use the plastic spiners then get some alley spiners made up

#18 crazycoleman118

crazycoleman118

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:53 PM

Just get some deep dished 13's trim the plastic trim ones down so they sit furthur into the rim, shouldnt look as tacky,

I say go for it, if you want spinners do it, ( even if you do have to cable tie them )

may work out very expensive to get some made for you though

I have spent over 25K why stop now. I have some deep dish wheels so I may have a go just for a laugh.

sorry off topic... 25k on what!????

#19 minikev84

minikev84

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Local Club: TVMC

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:42 PM

Just get some deep dished 13's trim the plastic trim ones down so they sit furthur into the rim, shouldnt look as tacky,

I say go for it, if you want spinners do it, ( even if you do have to cable tie them )

may work out very expensive to get some made for you though

I have spent over 25K why stop now. I have some deep dish wheels so I may have a go just for a laugh.

sorry off topic... 25k on what!????

Take every part on a mini and the shell and replace it for new and add some custom work. My mini took about 3year to finnish and I still want to do more.

#20 sweeny

sweeny

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Local Club: no

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:09 AM

buy a lathe :ermm: lol

#21 minidream94

minidream94

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:16 AM

wonder why no one has sone it before :S is it maybe because everyone can see that spinners are S HIT, pointless, makes any car (no matter how its done) look fudging horrible.

#22 sixtyeight

sixtyeight

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Local Club: forums.minidriver.com.au

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:35 AM

wonder why no one has sone it before :S is it maybe because everyone can see that spinners are S HIT, pointless, makes any car (no matter how its done) look fudging horrible.

finally someone with some common sense around here!

#23 TfcIan

TfcIan

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:26 AM

I don't like them, I think they have too much of the 'bling' factor and they are what American rappers but on their big humvees. But, it's your mini and it would definitely be eye catching at shows :ermm:

#24 ap0llo_*

ap0llo_*

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:20 PM

just no.

#25 maggies_minder

maggies_minder

TMFs New official Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts
  • Local Club: sutton coldfield mini club

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:26 PM

have a go and see how it looks.

i bet most would say a mini looks rediculous with wire wheels, like a db5 or american style "pimped" out car.

but theres one on here, and so long as the car can pull it off with other styling mods it can look sick.

#26 minikev84

minikev84

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Local Club: TVMC

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:35 PM

I dnt care if people dnt like them you dnt need to tell me. I did not do my mini for people to like I did for my self, there are a lot and I mean a lot of S HIT mini's on here but they are not mine so I dnt care they can do what they want. And that's also to the other people who write pointless comments.

Thank to the people who are trying to help me find some spinners.

#27 HARBER07

HARBER07

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,498 posts
  • Local Club: Naaa......

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:05 PM

I think these people should GTFO. The guy is trying to do something different with his car, and if you don't like it DON'T POST. Everyone is allowed their opinion, but if your opinion is gonna offend the OP then DONT say anything. If nobody tried different things with minis, the scene would be complete utter gash. IMO we need more people like the OP to spice up the scene, than to seeing the same old ******* at shows with rally reps and miniltes. Granted, spinners are not to my taste, but I completely understand the concept of why the OP is doing it.

#28 crazycoleman118

crazycoleman118

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:34 PM

+1 i dispise them, but its your car so i say do it! it'll be nice to see something different

#29 minim@t

minim@t

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:06 PM

have a go and see how it looks.

i bet most would say a mini looks rediculous with wire wheels, like a db5 or american style "pimped" out car.

but theres one on here, and so long as the car can pull it off with other styling mods it can look sick.

check these out never seen a mini with them on might look good on the right car:

http://www.rimmerbro...em--i-RS1087PEC

have searched for some spinners, smallest seem to be 17"

#30 wardyxxx

wardyxxx

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Local Club: Leicester Mini Club

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:31 PM

I think they'd look a bit naff, but it's your mini! Go for it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users