#31 Mart!

Mart!

Speeding Along Now

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Local Club: www.MainlyMinisMontreal.com

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:16 PM

wait 10 years and they might come back in style, just like fluorescent colors and v necks...
personally, i've never seen a model of spinners i liked... but to each their own!

maggies_minder - please dont compare wire wheels with spinners, wire wheels are classic and done correctly they could look good on a mini!!!

#32 TopCatCustom

TopCatCustom

Previously known as C4NN0N.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:36 PM

wonder why no one has sone it before :S is it maybe because everyone can see that spinners are S HIT, pointless, makes any car (no matter how its done) look fudging horrible.

wonder why no one has sone it before :S is it maybe because everyone can see that spinners are S HIT, pointless, makes any car (no matter how its done) look fudging horrible.

finally someone with some common sense around here!

I think these people should GTFO. The guy is trying to do something different with his car, and if you don't like it DON'T POST. Everyone is allowed their opinion, but if your opinion is gonna offend the OP then DONT say anything. If nobody tried different things with minis, the scene would be complete utter gash. IMO we need more people like the OP to spice up the scene, than to seeing the same old ******* at shows with rally reps and miniltes. Granted, spinners are not to my taste, but I completely understand the concept of why the OP is doing it.

EXACTLY what I was thinking. Expensive spinners on a majorly modified car can look very trick, unfortunately these normally cost in the region of $10k and the cars have usually cost $50-100k. I'm talking dollars because the american modifying scene is so much better, and people are always trying new and different things so they dont get stuck in a rut where all modified cars look the same. Cough cough.

#33 minidream94

minidream94

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:42 PM

i can post my opinion if i want to thank you, after all this is a FORUM, a place where people voice there OPINIONS over stuff, and to be frank i dont care if my opinion upset the OP, he asked what they would look like and i told him what i thaught :lol:

#34 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:47 PM

Does anyone know if you can get 13" spinners or seen them on a mini before. So I'm looking for 13" wheels with the spinning centre, I just cnt find them and if there was some nice wheel I would get them. Thanks

doesnt look like hes asking for oppinions...just sources...but ill leave it at that :lol: :)

#35 TopCatCustom

TopCatCustom

Previously known as C4NN0N.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:50 PM

i can post my opinion if i want to thank you, after all this is a FORUM, a place where people voice there OPINIONS over stuff, and to be frank i dont care if my opinion upset the OP, he asked what they would look like and i told him what i thaught :lol:

The OP's first post was "Does anyone know if you can get 13" spinners or seen them on a mini before. So I'm looking for 13" wheels with the spinning centre, I just cnt find them and if there was some nice wheel I would get them. Thanks "

So I was under the impression he was asking where to find them- not what you think they look like? Also as the OP said- he has spent loads and doesn't care what YOU think as HE is spending HIS money on HIS car for HIMSELF.

Maybe you "thaught" wrong, and this forum is for helping people not slagging off their plans for their cars.

#36 Dolly 89

Dolly 89

Previously known as suzzy 273

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Local Club: Humberside moc

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:57 PM

finally someone with some common sense around here!

I think these people should GTFO. The guy is trying to do something different with his car, and if you don't like it DON'T POST. Everyone is allowed their opinion, but if your opinion is gonna offend the OP then DONT say anything. If nobody tried different things with minis, the scene would be complete utter gash. IMO we need more people like the OP to spice up the scene, than to seeing the same old ******* at shows with rally reps and miniltes. Granted, spinners are not to my taste, but I completely understand the concept of why the OP is doing it.

we need a facebook type like button on here because i would have definitely been hitting it then exactly what i think to man

#37 maggies_minder

maggies_minder

TMFs New official Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts
  • Local Club: sutton coldfield mini club

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:45 PM

wait 10 years and they might come back in style, just like fluorescent colors and v necks...
personally, i've never seen a model of spinners i liked... but to each their own!

maggies_minder - please dont compare wire wheels with spinners, wire wheels are classic and done correctly they could look good on a mini!!!

yawn.
i wasnt comparing anything to anything else only making an example using a style of wheels most would also say "wouldn't suit a mini",
when in actual fact if done properly pretty much anything will!

please read things.
:lol:

#38 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:00 PM

Did anyone actually read my earlier warning about spam?? Once again we have people who seem to confuse their opinion with fact. The OP didn't ask for opinions and its his car and he can do what he wants. I really don't want to be handing out warnings so if those people who are guilty(and you know who you are) apologise, I'll take it no further.

I can't be fairer than that

#39 minim@t

minim@t

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:23 PM

Ahh,

I've seen somewhere whist looking for rims for you that you can actually buy just the spinner part of the rim, not sure if it would be in ally tho, it attaches where the center cap goes, what I thought is maybe get this modified by a machinist so it would spin inside the 13" rim, not sure though if you'd prefer it to be infront or behind the spokes?
If you could get a wheel spacer modified to take the spinner then you could fit just about any type of mini rim over it to find 1 that suits the best.

As for the haters please let's keep Tmf a friendly place ( sorry shifty),

Matt

#40 minikev84

minikev84

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Local Club: TVMC

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:53 PM

Check this out its a pic of the JL audio 1961 Austin mini

http://caraudiomag.c...4_rear_view.jpg

Cnt post the pic cus I'm trying to do this on my phone.

#41 DanNomNom

DanNomNom

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:09 AM

http://www.motorator.com/videos/130
Shows the spinners spinning about a minute in >_<

#42 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:32 AM

This link might help

http://www.usacustomwheels.com/

#43 ANON

ANON

More Jammy than a Jammy dodger.

• Traders
  • 2,682 posts
  • Local Club: pony

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:39 AM

try carl at force, sure he would be able to make you something up?

have to say by the way, first thought spinners...BLEURGH, but looking at the ones on the jl mini they look bleedin' nice!!

Edited by ANON, 16 January 2011 - 12:42 AM.

#44 Danny_California

Danny_California

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

I want that dashboard. o_0

#45 mini_mad69

mini_mad69

Let future you worry about it

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,417 posts
  • Local Club: urrrr no

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:12 PM

Given the large budget you seem to have for your car, could you have some made? It seems they where on the JL mini.

Just something to sit inside some other 13" deep dish wheels, that fixes to the wheel nuts or hub nut in some fasion, then some machined centres on a bearing.

And I have to agree, with some people on here, the mini scene in general is very generic. Some variation on minilites, big arches and a sticker on the roof are the most common modified minis. Bringing something new to the scene would be great, although it may not to be everyones tastes, it would be great to atleast see something different at a show, it can get very boring looking at variations of the same theme.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users