andywaller

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Local Club: turbominis.co.uk

Posted 13 March 2006 - 08:40 PM

what bits have you got for sale MOWOG?

just some of the old trim bits and the ERA alloys.
yeah i know the wheels will be worth it and its not like i can use them, just want to look at them!

just been on ebay too and got a load of stainless button head bolts, washers and nuts.

#92 andywaller

andywaller

• Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:26 PM

ok worked it out and i can now put up piccies in no order these pictures show what i have done over the week end. theres also a picture of my mini spares rocker cover with cut outs for 11 stud and a braided oil transfer pipe.

i have been out on the car for about half hour today and taken the drivers door off and boxed up some of the rubbish that was inside the car. over the week i hope to get the passenger door off and stip the inside completly bare this means over the weekend i can take out the engine, petrol tank and wiring loom. ( once the tank is out i can take off the last arch and rear light too!)

i will then be taking the engine to work and me and my mate ant are gonna rebuild it!

Attached Files

#93 Mincento

Mincento

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:58 AM

nice project youve brought all the right bits and got all the ideas if you can put it together and finnish it as well as youve thought it out it will be damn good

as a random question how much have you spent so far? i know for a fact the wheels are by no means cheap

wayne

#94 andywaller

andywaller

• Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 07:14 PM

cheers mincento at a rough guess so far i rekon its about 4k, things got a little out of hand i thnk the total bill will be way more than that though.

i have been out again tonight and done another hours work, i have now removed the passenger door and the boot again. i also romoved the front dampers and there mounting under which i found some rust that will need to be cut out.

i have also pretty much decided that i am going to have both subframes, roll cage and petrol tank powder coated in blue as close to the colour of my harnesses as possible, this will give added rust protection and looks.

#95 andywaller

andywaller

• Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 09:25 PM

i have been in the garage tonite and put in a few hours on the car, it know has no head lining or glass and i have started to stip the soundproofing off the floor and uncovering some of the nasty rust spots.

Attached Files

#96 andywaller

andywaller

• Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 05:58 PM

i have been busy working on the car again all weekend and i am now completely knackered.

i have now:

Remove the petrol tank which ment i could remove the rear light and sportspack arch from that side.
Taken off the exhaust
Removed the gear change unit
Taken out the pedal box and components
Got the heater out and also the steering rack so the inside just has stuff stored in it
Removed the ancileries from the engine so i know just need to lift it out.

i have no space to store stuff at the moment so i am gonna have to buy a shed or somethink because i am finding it difficult to see what needs doing with all the junk in the car.

Attached Files

#97 andywaller

andywaller

• Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 07:48 PM

just been out this evening with my bro and have lifted the engine out of the front end so i now just have a stripped shell on subframes, and the roll cage which i am yet to take out. ( i did lower his hi-los for him first)

the mini films dvd is due out at the end of the month so will be buying that and building my engine to that spec over 100bhp and 100lb/ft of tourqe really cant be a bad thing ;D

i have manage to get hold of curley to sort my order out and have now change it so the gel coat on my arches and bonnet will be in black instead of white, this means if i get any stone chips in the paint they will not be so obvious, and i also asked that all the joins are visable i the roof as origionaly i asked for them to be covered in gel coat but after looking at a few of thier roof i decided agaist that! they also said that the parts should be sent to me in about 10 days :)

#98 STEVEBLACKER1960

STEVEBLACKER1960

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 07:56 PM

keep it up mate
wouldnt mind popping over for a nose one day
steve

#99 andywaller

andywaller

• Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 08:06 PM

keep it up mate
wouldnt mind popping over for a nose one day
steve

cheers i am trying to stick to my time plan!

your welcom to come and have a look we will have to arrange something.
andy

#100 andywaller

andywaller

• Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 09:19 PM

just done a bit of shopping from frost and have ordered:

brake pipe
silicon brake fluid
washer tube
vac advance tube
spot weld drill bit
seam sealer

i thought i may as well fit all new brake pipes seeing as the cars going to be a bare shell, i may also run them inside the car with the battery cable.

i am going to move the battery into the back seat area of the car.

#101 THedooBZ

THedooBZ

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 09:36 PM

wow really startin to pick up speed and get stuck in.
now its in bits you have got the fun part of restoring and rebuilding it ;D

keep up the good work!!!

#102 Mini bullet

Mini bullet

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG

Posted 24 March 2006 - 08:19 PM

bugger

i was out in the garage a while ago starting to strip the engine and was moving it and it tipped over, the worst part is that the gearchange stabiliser bar was still on the box and it swung over and spanked me in the head :'(

now i have a engine and garage with blood all over it, a cut about half and inch long that bloody hurts and a large head ache. :rolleyes:

*male chicken*

#103 andywaller

andywaller

• Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 08:23 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :-

see things must be bad, i used my brothers name again. really annoying when hes last one to have logged on.

and *male chicken* come out as male chicken whats that all about :rolleyes:

Edited by MOWOG, 13 July 2006 - 07:26 PM.

#104 Mini bullet

Mini bullet

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG

Posted 25 March 2006 - 12:29 PM

:rolleyes:
you been stealing my id again!

#105 andywaller

andywaller

• Members
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 26 March 2006 - 09:41 AM

ok so after bumping myself in the head i have picked up the pace and have started to strip the engine down i got a flywheel puller from halfords so have been out trying to get the flywheel off.

i have also set up a photo bucket account so i can take better quality pictures and post more up with out worrying about the limit.

Posted Image

also thought id put up a recent pic of the body although not much has been done. but i have ordered some seam sealer so i am going to strip the bulkhead to bare metal and redo the seam sealer for a neat finish in the engine bay.

i am also going to place an order for a set of omega 73.5mm 7cc offset dish pistons and some valve guides, this means that i will be able to do the machining on the block and head.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)