54 replies to this topic

#16 davies145

davies145

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:21 PM

no i didnt because it dont realli need it mine rattles some thing like my reverse light but no much and i change number plates to press and stuck them on to stop them from rattling and seems fine the only think that rattles on mine is the new door skin somone fitted as they haven't put sound deeding in there, but only does a little,

ashley

#17 Ruckus

Ruckus

Ice Ice Baby!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts
  • Local Club: SMOC

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:42 PM

Subs move air... a lot of it.

If you have a set of full range speakers in the same air space then its going to at best distort their response, and at worst kill them.

This is FACT not made up Halfords logic.

#18 davies145

davies145

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:55 PM

yes they move air but if you didn't have it turned up much then not as much air?
so then wouldn't do it?

ashley

#19 Ruckus

Ruckus

Ice Ice Baby!!!

• Members
  • 2,071 posts
  • Local Club: SMOC

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:28 PM

Then you would not hear the sub, as sound waves/air pressure are one and the same thing.

If you think putting full range speakers on the rear shelf and having a sub in the boot is a good idea than that's great for you, it's wrong but if that's want you want to belive that's fine.

Just don't tell people it's a good idea, not on my watch...

#20 davies145

davies145

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:32 PM

but why do you need a sub turned up so much?
so you cant har the song just bass i dont know why you would want that but you might do,
i dont want the sub to over powering speakers as i lik the song i have turned on not just for bass,
so he has hole cut in his parcel self and has to take to speaker out which then it might not sound as good as to much air is aloud to escape?

#21 SimonWicklow

SimonWicklow

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:32 PM

Ruckus laying down the law.
i have full range speakers and a sub in the boot and it sounds rubbish compared to other systems i've heard.
order some speaker pods, it's not as if they cost a fortune...

#22 davies145

davies145

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:36 PM

my sub is a sealed one not ported, mine sounds fine as my sub isnt that turned up and my speaker a good ones which where bassy on there own but i stopped bass from going to them so i can have a sub and make it sound clearer,

#23 davies145

davies145

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:39 PM

and i said to lee that if it dont work well then just move the speaker i was just saying you dont have to as you can make it work fine

#24 SimonWicklow

SimonWicklow

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:40 PM

You're still slowly damaging your speakers though and it could sound 10x if you moved the speakers to the front. better sound staging and the sound from the sub would actually be able to get into the cabin rather than it just being stuck in the boot shaking your speakers.

#25 davies145

davies145

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:42 PM

i have 6x9s in the rear pacel self and some small speakers in my dash board, and moving 6x9s under the seat is okay but its qutie when th car is on the motorway as my dad has his there

#26 Dolly 89

Dolly 89

Previously known as suzzy 273

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Local Club: Humberside moc

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:27 PM

cheers for the help everyone, firstly ashleigh i am listening to ash and think that is what i am going to do except i think i am going to make some pods up for them as it will only take a few minutes and wont cost much either, but i will hold out on the sound deadening and just see how it sounds as i am not going to be chavving round with the base turned right up like some do

#27 Brams96

Brams96

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,308 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:49 PM

Davies - You might think it sounds good where as others think your system sounds rubbish, it's your own personal opinion. What Ruckus & I are doing is giving the facts about how sound waves & speakers react, not giving opinions on 'well mine sounds fine, you should do it this way'. No offense but you're 17 & have probably just got your license & just starting out learning about car audio whereas Ruckus has been working with car audio since before you were born & I'm not far behind. We are basing our opinions on experience & knowledge, not guess work. The fact you have 6x9's in the parcel shelf & 4" speakers in the dash just shows your lack of understanding of speaker positioning, sound staging & imaging.

#28 apdxxx

apdxxx

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:25 PM

cheers for the help everyone, firstly ashleigh i am listening to ash and think that is what i am going to do except i think i am going to make some pods up for them as it will only take a few minutes and wont cost much either, but i will hold out on the sound deadening and just see how it sounds as i am not going to be chavving round with the base turned right up like some do

Good to hear your listening to the right'uns :D

#29 apdxxx

apdxxx

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:27 PM

Davies - You might think it sounds good where as others think your system sounds rubbish, it's your own personal opinion. What Ruckus & I are doing is giving the facts about how sound waves & speakers react, not giving opinions on 'well mine sounds fine, you should do it this way'. No offense but you're 17 & have probably just got your license & just starting out learning about car audio whereas Ruckus has been working with car audio since before you were born & I'm not far behind. We are basing our opinions on experience & knowledge, not guess work. The fact you have 6x9's in the parcel shelf & 4" speakers in the dash just shows your lack of understanding of speaker positioning, sound staging & imaging.

Well i don't think it sounds crap, and neather does the other about 10 people what have heard it!
and he's had his lisence nearly a year now, so not just about passed it. :shifty:

#30 apdxxx

apdxxx

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:30 PM

i have 6x9s in the rear pacel self and some small speakers in my dash board, and moving 6x9s under the seat is okay but its qutie when th car is on the motorway as my dad has his there

Oh & alright "Davies" ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users