Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

The 89' Mayfair - Aka Two (The White One)


  • Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

#166 myredmini

myredmini

    My Mummy Says It's OK

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Location: Teesside
  • Local Club: BOG MOG

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:39 PM

Really appreciate your comments Hugh, thank you..

Dan :thumbsup:

#167 Deathrow

Deathrow

    Have you tried turning it off and on again?

  • TMF IT Specialist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,744 posts
  • Name: Adam
  • Location: Manchester, UK

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

That does sound really smooth. I wasn't even aware an a-series could pur like that.

Does the gear stick still shake when it's idling though? I think I'd be upset if it didn't!

Great work Dan!

#168 myredmini

myredmini

    My Mummy Says It's OK

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Location: Teesside
  • Local Club: BOG MOG

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

Don't think mine ever shaken haha. Really does run smooth, needs a quick drive to check it's ok..

Thanks

:)

#169 Deathrow

Deathrow

    Have you tried turning it off and on again?

  • TMF IT Specialist
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,744 posts
  • Name: Adam
  • Location: Manchester, UK

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:25 AM

You're missing out! Feeling the gear stick rattle at traffic lights is 60% of the experience!

#170 Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

Saxo-Fiesta-Mini

    Up Into Fourth

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts
  • Local Club: LCMOC

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:07 AM

really impressive work I would probs have finished the body work before doing the engine
But I know what its like keeping momentum with a project great work
:D

#171 myredmini

myredmini

    My Mummy Says It's OK

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Location: Teesside
  • Local Club: BOG MOG

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:04 AM

Yeah I wanted to but had engine crane issues so it went in..

Thanks

#172 myredmini

myredmini

    My Mummy Says It's OK

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Location: Teesside
  • Local Club: BOG MOG

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:17 PM

Been far far to long without an update, was full of cold last week so had to come home from dads to get rid of it, been back too it and its coming on well!

This.....

Posted Image

Is an outer sill from 1989, changed my mind, as I was stuck at a loose end, I decided to chop it off, clean up behind, treat, paint, fit new ones (already got) and inject with waxoyl when the car is painted!

Posted Image

New piece welded in, part ground down, final linishing was done but not taken many pictures recently with working at it solid

Posted Image

Protected the mini (tucked it up for bed really :whistling: )
Posted Image

New strengthening bracket made with new captive nuts and plug welded on

Posted Image
Sealed and painted
Posted Image

The outer sill was fitted but forgot a picture, i'm now nearly finished the other side..

Posted Image


Posted Image

mmmmm :wub:

Im fitting wood and pickett arches too pictures of them next week!

The front of the other side inner sill was mint inside, really surfacy rusty outside so CHOP!

Posted Image

New one made
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then repaired the floor area to get it more perfect, I wont leave it till im happy! >_<

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got a bonnet down from the roof beams to put over the engine bay

Posted Image

Posted Image

One silly thing, I'm know as a perfectionist, but I think this could annoy many people, this oil cap won't lock straight, does anyone know why ?

Posted Image

<_<


Dan..

#173 minimuk

minimuk

    Camshaft & Stage Two Head

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts
  • Location: Midlands

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:42 PM

smashing work there Dan, and the Yoke wheels look fab, :gimme:

#174 myredmini

myredmini

    My Mummy Says It's OK

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Location: Teesside
  • Local Club: BOG MOG

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

Thanks! Fitted an alloy and rested the arch on as a motivational view really, now safely tucked away :)

#175 mini danny

mini danny

    I am a mini daddy.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:19 PM

looks bloody amaizing danny keep up the hard work and my oil cap does this to on my estate really annoys me hahah

#176 myredmini

myredmini

    My Mummy Says It's OK

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Location: Teesside
  • Local Club: BOG MOG

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

Thanks Dan! Im unsure weather to do my w&p arches gloss black matching the roof or white with the car ? What's peoples opinion ?



#177 mini danny

mini danny

    I am a mini daddy.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

Thanks Dan! Im unsure weather to do my w&p arches gloss black matching the roof or white with the car ? What's peoples opinion ?


no worries personally i would do them black get someone to phototshop it for you :)

#178 myredmini

myredmini

    My Mummy Says It's OK

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Location: Teesside
  • Local Club: BOG MOG

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:34 PM

I will wait till they arrive and paint one black, one white, see what I prefer :thumbsup:

#179 davej

davej

    Kelly Jones

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts
  • Location: North Wales

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

Fantastic work and that engine sounds lovely :thumbsup:

#180 myredmini

myredmini

    My Mummy Says It's OK

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Location: Teesside
  • Local Club: BOG MOG

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

Thank you does sound really nice I'm very very happy with it!!

Dan




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users