#91 KieranB

KieranB

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:30 PM

again entirely down to yourself. the back end suspension on mine is oridinal parts just bought new. i have never had coilovers on the back so cant offer any personal experience but i have been recommended to put them on.

#92 konyo

konyo

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Freakz of Sussex

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

You putting on an extended roundnose?
I've got a Black Thirty, It's nice to see another being put back on the road :D

#93 30 mm

30 mm

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

The round nose is not extended. My understanding with the mini tec subframe is the original round nose can be built around the engine and thats the plan so far.

I do plan on painting the 30 black. Although obviously she was cherry I dont care for that colour. So black it is.... For now.

Speaking of paint and please correct me if Im wrong. I plan to apply weld through primer to the panels Im welding on and then underneath the car and inside the car apply a black epoxy paint to protect it all. Is there something else I should do to bath the car in so I can avoid rust in the long run?

Kieran B I love your build. Very inspiring and thanks for your feed back. Im not convinced I need any coil overs.

Konyo I am also pleased to see another black 30!

30 mm

#94 johny:)

johny:)

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

Great looking build as for a sub frame choice it is a tuff one the two subframes mini tec and all speed are both great pieces of kit it all depends on what end result you won't and how much skill you have

The Mini tec subframe I am using and it is a lovely piece of kit but i think it does have a few design faults where pieces of the kit could have been designed better and made stronger but they are simple fixes with the mini tec kit you do have to use coilovers on the front I don't have coilovers on the back and I proberley never will as to my experience mini suspension is awsome I have the qa1 coilovers on the front I Have still not drove my car to test what they are like handeling wise but they seem still enough to me also I don't like the design of the rhd convertion but that should not effect you and it is very easy to fit under a standerd nose

From what I can see with the all speed kits they are still an easy enough kit to build but they need more modification to fit under a standerd nose mini but it has been proven to be done by KAM who did an awsome job the upside is you will need no coilovers for this kit or any steering mods
But lots of mods for a standerd length nose

What I would do is look through as many builds as you can in your spare time and read the comments people leav and the problems they have then decide

Good luck John

#95 30 mm

30 mm

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

John thanks for your input.

As I need time to save money for the subframe Im keeping busy with the little things. This weekend I am looking to line up a few friends and bring the mini in to some field and sand blast the front, under and inside only of the car.

I have POR 15 on the way and Once its in we will finish welding boot, door step, both sills both sides and floor pans.

#96 30 mm

30 mm

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

My buddy works at a honda dealership and just mentioned to me they have a integra for sale at $500! 200k on the engine with good compression but its a B18b1 at 142hp. Hopefully this works out and we will keep you posted.

30 Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#97 30 mm

30 mm

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

New door minus dents and rust added to the project!

Attached Files

#98 30 mm

30 mm

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

A B16a first gen has now joined the project along with a 91 integra

Attached Files

Edited by 30 mm, 09 January 2013 - 12:26 AM.

#99 30 mm

30 mm

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:26 AM

acquired brake assembly!!!

Attached Files

#100 30 mm

30 mm

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

The Mini takes a back seat ride down the road to a friends. Obviously its cold and he has a heated garage and a 220v mig welder. Gonna try and finish all the welding during our march break period.
More to follow.

#101 zuluaga63

zuluaga63

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

great built ! read all of it !
i just bought my mini two months ago, im currently living in france but in november im going back to the us, florida with the mini , i already started to make plans to do the vtec swap.
i look forward to see more of your built ..

from all the research i have done if you want to keep the original nose of the car get the mini tec + they are in the us like someone else said earlier
good luck !

Alejandro

#102 30 mm

30 mm

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

ZULU,

MINITEC is what I will buy once the welding is complete. They are north of Florida located in georgia. So you could pick it up in a days drive or have it shipped for probably no more than 100$USD to Florida.

My build continues as I keep finding rust and Bondo! Man was I pissed.

Attached Files

#103 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

acquired brake assembly!!!

What brakes are those your using? Looks like 2 pots?

#104 30 mm

30 mm

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:37 AM

To be honest I dont know yet. My sister picked them up for me In washington so I dont pay shipping. She will visit soon and Ill have them. All I know is they are good and recommended for the 13 x 7 on the B16A. Im not racing so I just want what is safe to drive.

#105 30 mm

30 mm

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

Here is the latest.

Im pretty pleased with it. First time ive ever done this so its feeling good.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users