#61 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,491 posts
  • Name: Jamie

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

An amp that runs 2ohm stable and pushes 2 channels at 300w? That'll be out of your budget, on it's own ;D

4ohms

Edited by megamini_jb, 01 October 2012 - 10:07 PM.

#62 Skortchio

Skortchio

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts
  • Local Club: EMC

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

If you're going to run in parrallel then yeah a 4ohm amp.

I'd go with the GTO-1014 or 12 variety meself.

#63 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:14 PM

Main thing is I kinda understand most of it now....

till I go put my music on and blow the bloody sub! :whistling: :lol:

#64 conlad

conlad

Previously known as ct16mini.

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts
  • Local Club: Hilltop Minis

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

Good man!! :D

Jus tget something cheap and cheerful to annoy your neighbors and if it doesnt annoy them then youv'e bought wrong ;)

#65 Skortchio

Skortchio

• Members
  • 1,596 posts
  • Local Club: EMC

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

You'll be fine, dude. Hard pushed to blow one of them :)

#66 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:26 PM

Right sorted what I'm getting. Originally wanted to spent £120 but these are going to come to about £200. Oh well, I'm sure they'll be worth it :D can't wait lol

sub:
JL Audio 12W3v2-D2 dual 2 ohms
  • 12" W3V2 Series Subwoofer
  • RMS Power Handling: 300 Watts
  • Dual 2 Ohms Configuration
  • 2-1/4", 4-Layer Voice Coil
  • Kapton Voice Coil Former
  • VRC Technology: Cools the Voice Coil
  • Elevated Frame Technology: Enhanced Cooling
  • Powder-Coated Silver Frame Finish
  • Dished Cone/Dust-Cap Design
  • Rubber Mounting Flange Gasket
Amp:
JL Audio: JL Audio JX500/1 - Monoblock Amplifier

• Class A/B Monoblock Subwoofer Amplifier
  • Inputs: One Mono Pair (RCA Low-Level) or Multi-Pin (High-Level)
  • Subwoofer Crossover: 12 dB/octave with continuously variable cutoff frequency selection from 50 - 200 Hz. Non-defeatable
  • Preamp Output: Pass-through with RCA-type jacks
  • Bass EQ: 0 - +12dB @ 45 Hz
  • Rated Power 14.4 V:
  • 340W x 1 @ 4 ohm
  • 500W x 1 @ 2 ohm
  • THD at Rated Power: 1% @ 4 ohms
  • Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 150 Hz +/- 1.0 dB
  • Input Range:
  • 200mV - 4V RMS (Low-Level)
  • 2.0V - 10V RMS (High-Level)
  • Dimensions (L x W x H):
  • 13.70" x 7.68" x 2.15"
  • (348 mm x 195 mm x 53 mm)

#67 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

Cheers for the help dudes

#68 conlad

conlad

• Noobies
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:48 AM

No problemo. That'll bounce n boom like no tomorrow ;)

#69 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:37 AM

I'm sticking with just the single sub, just out of interest though, if I was to add a second sub like the one Im getting, how would that work? I'm guessing a mono amp would be needed (the amp I'm getting is that isn't it? or it can be bridged) and then would you add the 2 subs RMS @ 4ohms together and make sure the amp can run the 2 subs RMS added together @ 4ohms or is that when the impedance changes and becomes confusing.

#70 conlad

conlad

• Noobies
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

I'm sticking with just the single sub, just out of interest though, if I was to add a second sub like the one Im getting, how would that work? I'm guessing a mono amp would be needed (the amp I'm getting is that isn't it? or it can be bridged) and then would you add the 2 subs RMS @ 4ohms together and make sure the amp can run the 2 subs RMS added together @ 4ohms or is that when the impedance changes and becomes confusing.

Because you already have a monoblock then yeah you'd need a seperate amp. So in essence its a new configuration.

I.e. its like buying what you have twice

EDIT: if you had a dual amp (two channels) then it is possible to run two subs off it, or a 4 channel amp could run two by bridging 4 channels into 2

Edited by conlad, 02 October 2012 - 09:31 AM.

#71 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

Because you already have a monoblock then yeah you'd need a seperate amp. So in essence its a new configuration.

EDIT: if you had a dual amp (two channels) then it is possible to run two subs off it, or a 4 channel amp could run two by bridging 4 channels into 2

I see.

Alright cheers bud.

#72 Ruckus

Ruckus

Ice Ice Baby!!!

• Members
  • 2,071 posts
  • Local Club: SMOC

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

eer nope.

A mono block can run as many speakers as you want, as long as the impedance does not go lower than the rated amp capabilities.

The JX 500\1 can run down to 2ohm and produces a health 500 watts rms at that, so if you wire like below you are all good.:

Posted Image

I've seen old skool SPL system (20 years ago) with 6 subs on one RF amp... rate at 50 watts rms at 4ohm... running 0.125 ohms!! producing HUGE power.

#73 freshairmini

freshairmini

• Members
  • 1,718 posts
  • Local Club: Winchester Area Mini Owners

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

to be honest two subs in a mini isn't really needed, unless you want huge volume, which again isn't needed as volume isn't a problem in such a small car.

Keep it simple with what you listed above (jl sub,sealed box and amp) and it'll sound good.

#74 conlad

conlad

• Noobies
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

eer nope.

A mono block can run as many speakers as you want, as long as the impedance does not go lower than the rated amp capabilities.

The JX 500\1 can run down to 2ohm and produces a health 500 watts rms at that, so if you wire like below you are all good.:

Posted Image

I've seen old skool SPL system (20 years ago) with 6 subs on one RF amp... rate at 50 watts rms at 4ohm... running 0.125 ohms!! producing HUGE power.

Sorry, I thought he meant he wanted another amp and then how to set that up in sync with this one... read it back now and I have mis read it lol Cheers ruckus

#75 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,491 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

eer nope.

Posted Image

Cool cheers :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users