#211 surfblue63

surfblue63

TMF fantasy F1 winner 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
  • Local Club: MCR Newcastle & Durham

Posted 16 August 2015 - 12:07 PM

My '63 had a full skirt. It also had the higher seat belt mounts in the door pillars. The car was built in April 1963.

#212 victor young

victor young

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:55 PM

Not sure about my seatbelt mtgs. but mine was built October 1963 so not sure on the front panel on mine.

#213 nightflier

nightflier

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:03 PM

Well, I have just read this from start to finish. Great job, Victor! Amazing attention to detail and undoubtable skill have resulted in a beautiful build. Hope you have many miles and smiles in her!

#214 victor young

victor young

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 05:16 PM

Sorted the running hot problem out, I got an uprated core fitted to the original radiator and replaced my standard water-pump with a deep impeller, high volume type from Minispares and the engine runs on normal temperature on the gauge so I am over the moon and can now start to go further afield to some shows.

The radiator was a little tight to get back in as the core was a three tier with more tubes along the length but with a little patients and a lot of nerves I got the fitted without a scratch to the paintwork. PHEW ! 

#215 spike 25

spike 25

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:09 PM

You go carful at those air shows there's somthing a bit odd going on at the moment seems to be quite a lot of small aircraft crashes at the moment . We have manston airport down here but it's closed now but there is the spitfire and hurricane museum there.
We have the problem of operation stack on the m20 because of the problems in Calais there using the runway to park all the lorries.

#216 victor young

victor young

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:27 PM

We drove to a local car show today held by the North East Mini Club and the woody won by a public poll, the best classic Mini and also won best car in show. 

I am chuffed to bits with the comments from the people who have talked to me today and made the restoration of my car even more worth while.

P1010003%201_zpsckw4vh9n.jpg

P1010007%201_zpsggsm6pdg.jpg

P1010008_zpsherrenuo.jpg

#217 Rocket.

Rocket.

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 04:29 PM

Nice one ! such a lovely car !

#218 spike 25

spike 25

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:51 PM

Well done victor
That's just what you deserve it's an amazing resto it's so good that the public recognise that.
Whoop whoop :-)

#219 surfblue63

surfblue63

TMF fantasy F1 winner 2012

• Members
  • 2,539 posts
  • Local Club: MCR Newcastle & Durham

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:20 PM

Well done. Unfortunately I missed the show today as I had other more pressing things to do.

#220 victor young

victor young

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:44 PM

It was a great show, there were some lovely Minis there and was a bit of a shock when i got the prizes. There was a LHD Cooper S from California and it was a superb original car and a pleasure to see.

#221 minimissions

minimissions

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,427 posts
  • Local Club: M.M.O.C

Posted 01 September 2015 - 06:37 PM

Top car think those won't be the only prizes you will win with motor it's a awesome looking thing would love to see it in the flesh.

#222 eurosteves

eurosteves

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:08 AM

Victor I was wondering if you happen to have photos of wire tab locations on the bottom of your floor.  I am getting ready to put mine on as I am closing in on finishing the sheet metal portion of the build.....FINALLY!  I don't need dimensions but a rough idea would be excellent!  I keep looking at your car for inspiration on mine. I still surprise myself that I am still working on it.

#223 victor young

victor young

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 07:26 AM

Sorry I do not have any decent photos of the tabs on the underside but if you have a look at Spike 25 he has some great photos on his restoration thread.

#224 victor young

victor young

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 12:34 PM

Practical Classics magazine contacted me and are featuring the woody in a feature which will have a cover and centre pages. they came to Sunderland last Wednesday and took a load of photographs and interviewed me. It was a great day with the two lads from Practical classics and even bought me fish and chips on the sea front at Roker  :proud:

The Magazine will be out in November ( for the January addition as they have 13 issues a year ) I can not wait to see the photographs as they took some great motion shots in the country lanes. 

the Mini was on the go from 8:20 am to 16:00 pm and it was faultless all day so I was well pleased with it.

Vic

#225 spike 25

spike 25

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:32 PM

That's a well deserved feature Vic well done mate.
Let's hope we get to park next to each next year I might get to the show at stafford at the end of January

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: estate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users