Wow, i can't believe it's been over 7 months since I last updated this. Where has all that time gone, feels like only yesterday I was fitting the arch liners and grille !
I've still been working away on her here and there but she's still not seen the road yet unfortunately. She is now practically finished though, just need the last few finishing pieces and she'll definitely be going to all of the shows next year.
I'll post up the pictures I've taken over this time, will be a bit jumpy though guys as I haven't taken pictures of everything I've done as I'm juggling this with another project at the moment.
Here's most of the bits I've bought -
Managed to get my hands on some OEM Mini mats -
Also got hold of some original locking wheel nuts for the mini special wheels -
Look great when fitted along with some chrome caps for the rest of the wheel nuts.
That's all the purchased bits (I think).
Well, it's been a while since I last removed the covers so I decided to take them off yesterday. She was looking a bit sorry for her self so I thought I'd treat her to her first wash.
You'll see in the pictures below that all the arches are now fitted, as well as the rear windows and number plates amongst other things -
And back on the drive looking much better -
I took a couple of closer pictures of the rear windows fitted too, no pictures of me rebuilding them unfortunately. Not an easy job changing the rubber seal in the frame though -
Fitted the stainless steel kick plates I got from Bingley Mini show a couple of years ago, you can just see the mats fitted in these picture too -
Also changed out the rubber bushes in the steady arms for some poly replacements -
She sprung a pretty decent sized oil leak when I put her back on the drive too -
I've had a dig about and the bulk of it seems to be coming from the drive shaft seal. There's also a small amount coming from the timing chain cover and the fuel pump.
I'm hiring an engine hoist soon for the other project I'm working on so I'll whip the engine out and change the seals and gaskets over. I also need to repaint the engine with some good quality paint as what's on there now hasn't faired well at all.
I know this updates a bit all over the place but I'll keep on top of what I'm doing now and hopefully get back to updating regularly.