#1 skmulvany

skmulvany

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:56 PM

Hi everyone!

My name is sean kevin and i have just bought my first mini! :shades:  :D  Its a 1991 mini city with most of the welding done. It was part stripped down when I bought it. So far, I have sanded down most of the shell to bare metal and sprayed with etch primer, I have also chipped out all of the bitchumen on the floors, I used a screwdriver and a hammer. I am now going to take off the residue with white spirit. Hopefully in the coming weeks the welding will be done and then I will strip down the subby's once I have it in the garage.

I hope to have a good portion of this done by September. I will have many questions about what to do, so thanks in advance.

Attached File  WP_001425.jpg   45.1K   7 downloads

Attached File  WP_001426.jpg   67.56K   10 downloads

Attached File  WP_001432.jpg   40.36K   5 downloads

Attached File  WP_001447.jpg   37.85K   3 downloads

Attached File  WP_001455.jpg   51.86K   2 downloads

Attached File  WP_001461.jpg   30.41K   1 downloads

Attached File  WP_001462.jpg   31.31K   1 downloads

#2 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,482 posts
  • Local Club: TFMOC

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:13 PM

Looks good!

#3 RedRuby

RedRuby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Local Club: No

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:19 PM

Welcome to the forum Sean Kevin, some good work so far, you will have a nice car when you finish it, not that you ever finish work on a mini of course.

#4 skmulvany

skmulvany

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:54 PM

Thanks, any advice is much appreciated. I finnish school for the holidays in 10 days, I hope to start getting more done then. Can't wait!!! :gimme:

#5 skmulvany

skmulvany

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:29 PM

So in the last few weeks I have got loads done. The car is fully primed and I have cut out all the patches needed for the body. A friend of mine is doing the welding for me. He started it last week and he is hopefully going to finnish it by next week. I have removed all the wiring loom and resprayed the petrol tank. For the past few days I have been trying to get the rear subby off with little sucess. The shocks are off and 2 of the 10 or so bolts are off. I have put loads off WD40 on them. Tomorrow I am going to get the torch at it and start stripping down the subby. 

I have been trying to get up pics but am not able to. I set up a photobucket account and It isnt working.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roundnose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users