Photo
- - - - -

Windscreen Wipers Not Returning To Original Position.

electrical

Best Answer monkey , 31 October 2015 - 09:43 AM

I expect your wiper park switch is knackered...

http://www.minispare...|Back to search

Is a link to the part I would imagine you need :-) Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 eefybeefy

eefybeefy

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 09:40 AM

Hi,

I recently saved a 1990 Rover British Racing Green round nose from the scrapheap. After restoring the car fully, the wipers work but do not return to the bottom of the screen when turned off - they just stop where they are. Although it's not major, it's annoying because I have got everything else to a standard I am really please with. (and I'm a bit OCD)

I have checked to make sure that the motors are free to move, and they work normally.  

this is my first project of this type (and my first car) and any help on the matter would be very appreciated,

Thanks.

#2 monkey

monkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
  • Local Club: Diss Mini Club

Posted 31 October 2015 - 09:43 AM   Best Answer

Is a link to the part I would imagine you need :-)

#3 eefybeefy

eefybeefy

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 09:46 AM

Is a link to the part I would imagine you need :-)

Thanks! I'll take a look :)

#4 mini-auto

mini-auto

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 10:46 AM

I had the same issue on my blue auto.

I changed the park switch and the connector that goes to it because both looked poor but it didn't fix it, I tried loads of checks but could find no reason for it not to park properly.

Sometime later when doing something else I noticed a disconnected wire neatly coiled & attached to the steering column, from its colours I instantly recognised it as a wiper motor wire, I connected it to an empty position on the back of the wiper switch & whoo hoo the wipers were parking.

Funny thing is the disconnected wire looked so neat like it had been done on purpose to annoy someone, non parking wipers can be pretty annoying.

Make sure all your wires are connected on the back of the switch/arm on the steering column.

#5 paulsv24

paulsv24

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 31 October 2015 - 12:10 PM

I've just had this issue with my wipers and changed the wiper park switch, easy to change and it cured it-well pleased. You can test the switch my removing from the wiper motor, connecting connectors back on, switch wipers on and then press the plunger on the side of the switch and the wipers should stop. That's what I read on an old forum posting-good luck!

#6 southlincspickup

southlincspickup

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Local Club: Bomber county minis

Posted 31 October 2015 - 04:03 PM

I had the same issue on my blue auto.

I changed the park switch and the connector that goes to it because both looked poor but it didn't fix it, I tried loads of checks but could find no reason for it not to park properly.

Sometime later when doing something else I noticed a disconnected wire neatly coiled & attached to the steering column, from its colours I instantly recognised it as a wiper motor wire, I connected it to an empty position on the back of the wiper switch & whoo hoo the wipers were parking.

Funny thing is the disconnected wire looked so neat like it had been done on purpose to annoy someone, non parking wipers can be pretty annoying.

Make sure all your wires are connected on the back of the switch/arm on the steering column.

can you remember what colour this wire was?, I have changed my park switch but did not cure the problem, only works single spped too

thanks

#7 mini-auto

mini-auto

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:28 PM

I've just had a look & I think it was the brown wire with green tracer.

A wiring diagram may help because the wire colour may vary on different years of mini.

Haynes manual wiring diagrams are ok but not all years are in, mine isn't so just have to use it for guidance.

Some manuals that include wiring diagrams can be found as PDF's on the internet.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: electrical

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users