32 replies to this topic

#31 ryan13mt

ryan13mt

Passed Test

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:45 AM

Will re upload the photos when i have some time as i used facebook links and apparently they expire after some time. 

Well the rear holes where a mystery. The guy that restored it apparently just welded a new fabricated panel over the old one thus hiding everything underneath. We managed to find 3 nuts out of the 4. And they all are very solid so the rust was nut coming from there. The last one we are going to insert a nut welded to a piece of metal from the inside of the car so that it can tighten by itself and no welding necessary. This will only be a temporary solution and to get the car rolling. One day, maybe when new rust starts forming in that area, i will take it to a proper panel beater and make it how it should properly be. But for now it's safe to drive. If it was the front subframe i would have been really worried since its holding the engine. But for the rear i'm ok with it staying like this for now.

#32 ryan13mt

ryan13mt

Passed Test

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 03:45 PM

So work had slowed down due to other engagements. It is now ramping back up. I started working on the front suspension. Here are some pics of the work done.

Attached Files

#33 ryan13mt

ryan13mt

Passed Test

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 03:46 PM

Didnt know i needed a rebound buffer so that has been ordered. Along with the cooper s mk3 loom from minispares.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roundnose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users