107 replies to this topic

#16 70K1100

70K1100

Formally Known as NOT850

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 06:15 AM

Managed over the weekend to get some time on the mini.   I have started to take bits and pieces out of my minispares box and started to put things together again.   Never really thought that this moment would actually happen.   I typed up a to do list just to get the car back on it's wheels.   Almost a full A4 page of tasks.   Looked good when at the end of the day to have crossed a couple of things off that list.

#17 70K1100

70K1100

Formally Known as NOT850

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 08:48 PM

I have a hole in the roof for a sunroof and I can't afford to get a new roof skin fitted.   My mini came with a sunroof which is black.  When I lived in the UK I had a Mini City E with a white sunroof which was the same size.   Does anyone have access to a white one and secondly willing to post it to Australia?   Below is the one that I have with my mini.

iDi7za0.jpg

#18 Itsaminithing

Itsaminithing

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Local Club: Not One Worth Mentioning

Posted 04 October 2018 - 09:23 PM

Swappsies? :unsure:

http://www.theminifo...of#entry3563240

#19 70K1100

70K1100

Formally Known as NOT850

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 05 October 2018 - 07:47 PM

I'd been keen on that.   Message me your address and I'll get a price on postage.

#20 Itsaminithing

Itsaminithing

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Local Club: Not One Worth Mentioning

Posted 05 October 2018 - 10:14 PM

It's NOT-MINE.

You'd need to PM supersam47.

To be honest what with 2nd hand sunroofs being more readily available & therefore relatively cheap in the UK it's probably not worth the effort for him, but you can but ask.

#21 70K1100

70K1100

Formally Known as NOT850

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:55 AM

I've been having issues trying to log onto the site recently.   But at the same time have not managed to accomplish much on the mini build.   The last thing that I have done beside order more parts is have the bearings pressed into the hubs only to find out that the CV joints that I purchased from a non mini focused company are not drum brake mini CV joints but some that look very very similar.   So back onto Minispares and a just over a week later I am now the proud owner of two new CV joints.   In the mean time I assembled one front brake assembly.   Next job is to finish the other side and then install the CV joints and put them off to the completed corner.   Unfortunately there is not a lot of bits in the completed corner of my workshop.

#22 70K1100

70K1100

Formally Known as NOT850

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 04:38 AM

I'm about to make yet another start on my neglected mini. I have one burning question this time around. When I bought my mini it already had a hole cut in the roof for a sunroof. Now isn't possible to weld in a patch to fill the hole in? Plus how hard would it be to do? I've watched a couple of videos on YouTube but the roof line on those vehicles are fairly flat.

#23 timmy850

timmy850

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts
  • Local Club: MITG

Posted 01 July 2019 - 11:00 PM

I think you'd almost be better off buying a whole new roof skin and getting the whole thing replaced. Otherwise if you can find another used mini roof and cut the missing piece out of it so that it's the right curve

#24 70K1100

70K1100

Formally Known as NOT850

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 02:24 AM

I looked at a fibre glass roof replacement panel and through Oz.minisport I can get one for less that $600. I'm not sure if the budget will stretch that far.

#25 timmy850

timmy850

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,996 posts
  • Local Club: MITG

Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:12 AM

You could get your glass roof repainted or vinyl wrapped if you want to change the colour?

#26 70K1100

70K1100

Formally Known as NOT850

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 06:33 AM

I was thinking of getting the glass in the sunroof wrapped. I'm a little concerned that the sunroof will detract too much from the classic aesthetic of the body shape.

#27 70K1100

70K1100

Formally Known as NOT850

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 06:33 AM

I was thinking of getting the glass in the sunroof wrapped. I'm a little concerned that the sunroof will detract too much from the classic aesthetic of the body shape.

#28 70K1100

70K1100

Formally Known as NOT850

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:12 AM

I got a little time to work on my cars over the weekend. I hung a big white board up and wrote up a list of stuff to do that won’t cost a lot to get done. First thing I managed was sanding back the drive shafts, and making note that the long spline goes to the inside. But I forgot to write down which side is which. I stripped down the radius arms for the rear subframe. I’m going to try a different rust removal method of molasses and water. It will be interesting to see the difference between that method and vinegar.

#29 70K1100

70K1100

Formally Known as NOT850

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 06:47 AM

Have you every had one of those days where everything goes wrong. Well today I had some time to work on my FJ and the mini. I couldn’t get the oil filter of the motor in my FJ so I ended up taking the oil pump off the engine. Then it dropped oil everywhere. Then I made a start on soaking the rusty parts in the molasses mixture. Only to find out that after filling the plastic box with the molasses and water there was a small crack in the bottom and the 10l of fluid leaked all over my work shop. Then I cleaned that mess up and started stripping a rear radius arm only to hit my thumb three times when removing the hub. I called it quits after that.

#30 DeadSquare

DeadSquare

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,765 posts
  • Local Club: Unipower GT Owners Club

Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:29 AM

Have you every had one of those days where everything goes wrong. Well today I had some time to work on my FJ and the mini. I couldn’t get the oil filter of the motor in my FJ so I ended up taking the oil pump off the engine. Then it dropped oil everywhere. Then I made a start on soaking the rusty parts in the molasses mixture. Only to find out that after filling the plastic box with the molasses and water there was a small crack in the bottom and the 10l of fluid leaked all over my work shop. Then I cleaned that mess up and started stripping a rear radius arm only to hit my thumb three times when removing the hub. I called it quits after that.

I very much hope that you have better luck tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users