#17 miniheld

miniheld

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Local Club: mini seven club

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:21 PM

For a spi car what type of f.c.r. do you need. What is the protocol (like obd obd2 or whatever) you see a lot of fcr on ebay, but it is unclear what type do I need for my spi...
Any idee's???

#18 scottyegg

scottyegg

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:33 PM

^^^ ditto that question i have obd and obd 2 but what would i need for an spi what the equiptment called ect?

#19 vinesh

vinesh

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 03:01 AM

Hi,
I have a Mini 1000 that I've converted to Spi. I purchased a crash damaged Spi Paul Smith Edition from Japan and transplanted all the bits into my Mini 1000. Just a quick question, this engine does not use a distributor but uses a coil pack.So does that mean this is a OBD spec engine as there is also an OBD type connector under the dash,plus it has an airbag steering wheel.If I'm not wrong,the Paul Smith Editions were on sale from 1998? Any information will be helpful.Thanks in advance !

#20 tanman

tanman

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:29 PM

Didn't know where to mention this but if anyone near me has an Spi, 91 to 96, and has problems with it and suspects it is a sensor, I have a code reader/reset and will always test the ECU,(free) if you PM me. I use it on our Race Minis.

wish you lived closer to me, having probs with ruby, crazy idle speed, will a rolling road sort it out mate?

#21 BRGRover92

BRGRover92

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:40 AM

I am not sure how much they are new but I got mine for about £50 on ebay, most at that time were selling for £60 - £70 though

Hey, I looked on ebay and couldn't find one, but i dont really know what i'm looking for. Unless it says "for rover spi mini" i'm not sure which code reader i need.. Can anyone help me with this....

#22 ICAM

ICAM

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Local Club: smoc

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:48 PM

Didn't know where to mention this but if anyone near me has an Spi, 91 to 96, and has problems with it and suspects it is a sensor, I have a code reader/reset and will always test the ECU,(free) if you PM me. I use it on our Race Minis.

wish you lived closer to me, having probs with ruby, crazy idle speed, will a rolling road sort it out mate?

I think your temp sensor located at the intake manifold giving you the problem. These sensor control your idle speed, I think.

Edited by ICAM, 18 January 2008 - 04:48 PM.

#23 tmsmini

tmsmini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Local Club: MOASF

Posted 24 January 2008 - 07:10 PM

Does anyone have a link to a description of the Crypton ACT from the manufacturer?
With a list of the components needed to read an SPi: cable, card and reader?

Here is the info for SP ACR
Part Number:Product Name Price
30055400: ACR4 Code Reader £435.56
30214000: Rover 16 Pin Harness Mpi £75.00
30350800: Rover Pod £92.99
30211600: Rover Harness Spi £55.42

Prices are new prices. Other older pods will work on just SPi and older cables will work on MPi also.
These show up on eBay on a regular basis.

#24 DaveRob

DaveRob

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 08:52 PM

I have an ACT with all the manuals.... if anyone needs info PM me and Ill try to help..... I have the manuals and cables for Rover MEMS stuff and loads of other modles

#25 tmsmini

tmsmini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Local Club: MOASF

Posted 25 January 2008 - 07:36 PM

I have an ACT with all the manuals.... if anyone needs info PM me and Ill try to help..... I have the manuals and cables for Rover MEMS stuff and loads of other modles

Do you have the part numbers for the ACT components?
If some one is looking on eBay, it is helpful to know the specific parts numbers needed. There seems to be several ACT readers (I, II, III), just like there are different versions of pods for the ACR2 and ACR4

#26 BoyracerAU

BoyracerAU

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 12:03 PM

The Crypton 'ACT 1' (not 2 or 3, as far as I know) can deal with SPI minis

In addition to the ACT 1 unit itself, you need what Crypton describe as their ASK-3 Kit. Essentially, this kit basically comprises of a Lead (No. ASA003) and a Card (No. ASC3).

Edited by FlyingScot, 23 June 2014 - 07:16 PM.
Incorrect info on MPi

#27 Avl_Paul

Avl_Paul

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 08:49 PM

From a DaveRob post:

ACT has the following modules and cables

ACT1 main module
Rover MEMS ASC3 card
Cable assembly ASA003

Covers everything I need and has real time data and can reset ECU...Tune stepper and idle air.... In fact everything I need to keep my SPi in good nick ECU wise.... the mechanical stuff is up to me and my grazed knuckles....lol

#28 yubyub

yubyub

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:17 PM

Yes you can get them, they are of the OBD type. Sykes Pickavant ACR have a pod for the OBD Rovers as do most of the other big name service tools, IE Snapoff.

I'm thinking of getting a fault code reader for my MPI, what would I be looking for in one?

Also....

What's the difference between OBD and OBD2?

I'm guesing they're completely different?

#29 nicksuth

nicksuth

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 26 March 2008 - 10:33 PM

OBD, OBD2, ACR1, 2, 3 & 4, ASC3, ACT, ASA, ASK, ECU's, MEMS ---- BBC, ITV, CH4, SKY, MTV......... (sorry)

It's all *@#~+=&%$ to me????????

But seriously, does anyone know of someone with "Fault Code Diagnosis" equipment for the MPi in the East Midlands area (J20 of M1)??

Regards

Confused of Lutterworth

:D

#30 icklemini

icklemini

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:27 PM

But seriously, does anyone know of someone with "Fault Code Diagnosis" equipment for the MPi in the East Midlands area (J20 of M1)??

yep - me (J16 of m1)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users